NameLot

'Go' or 'go' on landing page for 'Go.LA' / 'go.LA'?

Labeled as question in General Domain Discussion, started by TheBaldOne, Jun 23, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

Which is preferable in your opinion, an upper or lower case 'G'/'g' on a landing page for 'Go.LA'?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2020.
  1. Upper case 'G' for 'Go.LA' is preferable

1 vote
    50.0%
  2. Lower case 'g' for 'go.LA' is preferable

0 votes
    0.0%
  3. It makes no difference whether upper or lower case 'g'/'G' is used

1 vote
    50.0%
Total: 2 vote(s)
  1. TheBaldOne

TheBaldOne Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

I created a simple landing page for my recently acquired domain 'Go.LA' / 'go.LA' but would like your opinions whether the 'G' of 'Go' should be upper or lower case on the landing page?

To me it seems that an upper case 'G' producing 'Go' is more an encouragement of action to such as residents / businesses / sport / etc..

On the other hand if the 'g' is lower case then it seems as if it is more suited to a travel and tourism site.

I would welcome peoples opinion on this and which they would choose. (I especially welcome the opinion of Americans on this matter, for it is an indisputable fact that although English is the national language of both the UK and the USA our versions do differ along with each our own specific nuances in writing. :xf.wink: )

I will be keeping the 'LA' suffix in upper case as it is appropriate for both 'Los Angeles' and 'Louisiana' which are obviously the two main geographic targets I have in mind.

Any opinion on the above will be very much appreciated, thank you.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TheBaldOne

3. TheBaldOne

I have decided to keep with the upper case 'G'.

4. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Restricted (Chatroom)

5. Page Howe

Page Howe Top Member PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Did you consider GO.LA?

6. TheBaldOne

Hi Page,

Yes I did, but thought people would be more likely to ignore the '.' and start reading the domain name and referring to it as 'GOLA', this I thought would lessen the geographic association of the domain name with Los Angeles. (Of course I could be wrong but my instinct is that it would not in itself be the best choice.)

7. shojib

shojib Established Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice