IT.COM

advice Domain Landing Page Tools

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nazz

Top Member
Impact
Heey !

Need some advice regarding setting up some landing pages for end users to look at. I'm aware of what needs to be posted up on the page, though, I just need a push in the right direction.

I need to create about 5 landing pages via a format other than wordpress, as wordpress installation on each domain would complicate things as my hosting server would go into overdrive.

Ive read up a few things about HTML landing pages which apparently proves to be good.. I have no knowledge when it comes to coding.. Are there some tools to for beginners like me to help me out with setting up HTML landing pages.. Or can someone suggest me another way that will be efficient and time saving when setting one up.

Open to suggestions, appreciate the help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Before you purchase anything please keep in mind that the Script regardless of Wordpress or PHP has to be in RESPONSIVE format. Tomorrow Google will release the new Algorithm which for lack of a better word "Favors" Moblie friendly websites. For more info please watch this Video.

•••
Here is a Google mobile friendly test here.

I am NOT affiliated with that link whatsoever.

•••
The stock "Notepad" application did it for me.
Once opened follow the "TO DO" promps in the file named INDEX.
I would suggest not to use default "Notepad" like apps for coding purposes, bcz they have lot of drawbacks.
Instead go for Notepad++ or any other free code editors. In my view SublimeText is one of the best.
I am also using my personal landing pages for some of my domains which I have coded myself, checkout xlab.in . I have to just fill my hosting nameservers at my registrar and everything else just falls in place.

•••
@bashariqbal I am interested in knowing why a persons gender would matter when submitting offer through your landing page..?

•••
Personally, I prefer Jekyll for static websites. Once you get a decent template made, you can avoid HTML and such altogether. Instead you get to use something called Markdown, which is kind of like the BB code used to post messages on these forums, but it's even simpler. (For example, to make a list, you just start a bunch of lines with an asterisk.) Unlike Wordpress, it generates static content, meaning that there's no resource-gobbling PHP running on the server; just good old HTML files.

It takes some HTML skills if you want to make your own design from scratch, but there are lots of themes available, and they're mostly open source (read: free).

The website for Jekyll talks about a lot of fancy stuff you can do with the generator, but if you're just making a landing page, you can ignore most of that. It does let you creates pages, menus, posts, etc. if you want to.

There's a nice installation guide for Windows. It takes a little effort to install the first time, but it's pretty straightforward to use. Don't be scared by hacker-like command prompts. :) Ruby has to be installed first, and that's the hard part. Note: You'll probably want to install Jekyll on your computer, not your server, unless you're comfortable with your server's command-line interface. Once it's installed on your computer, you'll give it the files for the theme, content, etc., and it will automatically generate everything you need to upload to your server.

•••
@stub I am still "patiently" waiting for a response from the people I contacted at fiverr, lol.

How is yours coming along? I hope better..

•••
@Nazz - My website is being developed as I type this. First results are expected within a couple of days. If you haven't had a response by now, I'd approach somebody else. That's one good thing about fiverr. Lot's of competition.

Last edited:
•••
Great to hear :) I'm jealous though, hehe.

Yeah, I have moved on and contacted another buyer.. Funny thing is, I contacted 2 buyers to begin with, and no response. Oh well, their loss.

•••
@bashariqbal I am interested in knowing why a persons gender would matter when submitting offer through your landing page..?
yes thats a good point :D. I wanted more than 3-fields in my form just to weed out any spammers going through it as it is a mandatory field they have to interact with it (If it can even slightly reduce spam percentage its good). Any potential buyer would not mind it.
But its a fact no matter what you do you will get spam, you can only minimize it with lengthy forms.

•••
I understand where you are coming from, though I am sure there is another field you could input to filter out spam..

Maybe it's me, but I find the gender field to be awkward..

•••
I am working on a 1 page script that does everything. Here is how it will work:

It will be one PHP file (the homepage, index.php) that is on MakeOfferPage.com (any domain you want to use)

When you buy a domain, you forward the domain through GoDaddy to: MakeOfferPage.com/?for=NewDomain.com

So when you go to NewDomain.com it will take you to MakeOfferPage.com/?for=NewDomain.com

When you land on that page, it will carry over the domain name in the URL and the page will display a unique sales page for that domain name. You don't have to create any new pages.

There will be a contact form to make an offer and when they submit an offer, you know what domain name it is for.

When I am done with it I will offer it to anyone who wants it here for free

What you describe is what I've been doing for the last couple of years, but I'm in the process of switching to wordpress because I want people that end up on my landing pages to also be able to browse my entire portfolio and to be able to filter by category, keyword, etc..

I also want a backend where I can keep track of my domains including purchase price, purchase date, offer history, registrar, and a bunch of other things so that I can generate sales reports with statistical data as well as have my site monitor the status of my domains. To do these things effectively requires a database. Another thing that appeals to me about using Wordpress is that it makes it easy to serve up content in different languages depending on the location of the visitor.

•••
yes thats a good point :D. I wanted more than 3-fields in my form just to weed out any spammers going through it as it is a mandatory field they have to interact with it (If it can even slightly reduce spam percentage its good). Any potential buyer would not mind it.
But its a fact no matter what you do you will get spam, you can only minimize it with lengthy forms.

Company name? :)

•••
@Nazz - Don't you mean sellers, not buyers?

•••
@stub Whoops, just picked up on that, lol. Thanks for pointing that out..

•••
One guy just quoted me $30 on fiverr for a responsive landing page with a contact form, adding a 5 day wait.. LOL

The greed is real.

•••
What you describe is what I've been doing for the last couple of years, but I'm in the process of switching to wordpress because I want people that end up on my landing pages to also be able to browse my entire portfolio and to be able to filter by category, keyword, etc..

I also want a backend where I can keep track of my domains including purchase price, purchase date, offer history, registrar, and a bunch of other things so that I can generate sales reports with statistical data as well as have my site monitor the status of my domains. To do these things effectively requires a database. Another thing that appeals to me about using Wordpress is that it makes it easy to serve up content in different languages depending on the location of the visitor.
Are u making one or going to buy WP theme?

•••
Any potential buyer would not mind it.

:!::!::?::?:

IMO, a LOT of potential buyers would not like it. Do you have a compelling reason to keep it as is?

•••
@cdboard its in testing phase may be I will replace it with 'company name' as @discobull mentioned.
But I don't see any reason why a buyer would not like it. I have kept it also to have some interaction on page to avoid spambots.

•••
Are u making one or going to buy WP theme?

I haven't found anything that does everything I need so I'm making one. Actually, the way it's turned out I've been making two at the same time: one in wordpress and another in joomla. Joomla is much more straightforward when it comes to database access and management making it easy to accomplish all the back end bookkeeping stuff that I want to do. OTOH, I'm finding Wordpress easier to work with from an aesthetics point of view. Every time I get stuck on how to do something on one platform I jump to the other to see if it's easier there so now I have 2 incomplete sites with different issues to resolve on each. :D

•••
One guy just quoted me $30 on fiverr for a responsive landing page with a contact form, adding a 5 day wait.. LOL

The greed is real.

I got a whole bootstrap responsive website for $100. Although we have some mis-communications we are working through at the moment. A 1 page responsive contact form should only cost you $5. $10 max.

•••
I haven't found anything that does everything I need so I'm making one. Actually, the way it's turned out I've been making two at the same time: one in wordpress and another in joomla. Joomla is much more straightforward when it comes to database access and management making it easy to accomplish all the back end bookkeeping stuff that I want to do. OTOH, I'm finding Wordpress easier to work with from an aesthetics point of view. Every time I get stuck on how to do something on one platform I jump to the other to see if it's easier there so now I have 2 incomplete sites with different issues to resolve on each. :D
When they are ready plz post here. You might earn something for your hard work if the people here like it. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back