Domain Empire

Getting inactive Twitter accounts removed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iTerminal

Established Member
Impact
Hi

I'm afraid that one of my domains is being devalued by an old, inactive Twitter account.

Is there anything I can do to get this Twitter account removed or at least hidden from search results?

Thank-you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact Twitter and ask them to deactivate the account.

•••
If it is based on the domain name you could try creating a catchall email address for the domain, then doing a password reset for the Twitter account. Others have done that successfully.

•••
•••
If it is based on the domain name you could try creating a catchall email address for the domain, then doing a password reset for the Twitter account. Others have done that successfully.

Wow, that sounds promising! Can you explain what you mean by "catchall" though?

•••
Meaning you need to have an email using your domain to catch all incoming emails.
e.g. all emails going to any @yourdomain

In this way, you can reset a password for your twitter account.

The problem is if the twitter account was created by a different email address such as gmail. Then the method above is useless.

Good luck to you.

•••
Wow, that sounds promising! Can you explain what you mean by "catchall" though?

If you are using the domain with a hosting account you search for how to set up a catchall there, usually it looks like *@yourdomain.com. Then any email at all on that domain gets sent to the inbox of your choice.

If not using hosting, many registrars will let you set up email forwarding and also a catchall email address.

This can capture some surprising emails from old domains. And a few years ago there was a news story about how "Doppelgaenger" domains get a lot of emails meant for actual companies, because people misremember or mistype domains in email addresses.

Last edited:
•••
Never heard of a twitter account adding to or subtracting from a domain name.
I laugh at this.
IF this were so true?
Tons of people would open twitter accounts just to disparage their competition!
EG: xxxwhateverbusiness dot com is your competitor
you open a twitter account "xxxwhateverbusiness dot com" and slam the domain/site.

•••
Reach the email associated with your past Twitter account. If you can than using that info log onto Twitter and delete previous messages. But if you not able to logon to Twitter than I'm afraid can't do anything.
But still you can contact the Twitter support and see what advice they furnish.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back