Dynadot

Domain transfer issue at Registrar

NameSilo
Watch

sridomain

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I was trying to transfer a domain to other registrar before expiry, the transfer was failed due to internal Error by the destination Registrar. I checked with them they told they are instigating issue.
After 1 - 2 hours the domain moved to Inactive state and I'm not allowed to transfer the domain.

Can I raise the issue at ICANN? Is it worth raising an issue? on both registrar?

Your comments and reply are helpful.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
I would like to suggest asking this in the review section of NamePros. It's more on topic and you will get more helpful responses there.
Thank you!

•••
Hi,
I would like to suggest asking this in the review section of NamePros. It's more on topic and you will get more helpful responses there.
Thank you!
Thank you,

Please can you share link of that section?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Can I raise the issue at ICANN? Is it worth raising an issue? on both registrar?

If the problem was at the gaining registrar then I don't see the point of complaining about the registrar holding the domain name.

If the name is heading toward deletion, a complaint to ICANN is not going to result in transfer of your domain name before the name expires. Registrars are given a lot of time to respond to ICANN compliance complaints.

In general, you should try to avoid transferring names when they are close to expiration, because technical problems can occur, and you could run out of time to fix them.

•••
In general, you should try to avoid transferring names when they are close to expiration, because technical problems can occur, and you could run out of time to fix them.

It bears repeating.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back