NameSilo

Getting $1.75-$3/day on a name on BODIS. How would you value such a traffic name?

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by slader23, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:41 PM

Replies:
Views:

1. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

I recently bought a name mainly due to the fact that it was previously a large Asian drama streaming site. It's still kept a lot of its backlink profile (1.5 million links) and the full TLD alone is searched 1,000,000/month so I thought I'd park it. So far the stats are pretty good but I was wondering what kind of value it can get if I want to sell it. I might want to keep the name since it's making consistent money from type-in traffic but just want to see what people thought.

The type-in traffic is very consistent and not going down anytime soon as there are thousands of "copy cat" sites from my domain which was the original with the same name on a different extension.

I got the name on the 13th so here are the past few days, with today not yet complete (should be around $3 today). I'll update the thread later with just todays earnings so that you can see what an individual days traffic looks like.

I'm expecting it to earn $800 to $1k per year in revenue with Bodis on this name alone. What multiple is normally used? Is it 12X monthly earnings or 24X?

[​IMG]

Let me know!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 9:43 PM
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Grego85

Grego85 Fire.Horse VIP

Its usually 12x but with something passive like this, I don't see why you shouldnt go for 24x

3. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

[​IMG]

Here are todays stats. Earned $2.76.

4. Donmarick

Donmarick Established Member

I mostly sell my traffic domains for 12/13x because of some unexcepted situations (google updates etc). This CTR looks a bit too big. Update after month please ;).

5. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

you should keep the name at least 6 months, before even thinking of selling
    as, buyers of such names will want to see some historical data.

imo...

6. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

i concur with @biggie . Buyers want proof and evidence. ty.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice