Dynadot

advice General Strategy for Selling Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Safak

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Here is my story so far, i would appreciate if you advice how to approach in certain parts.

I bought some domains and I've listed these on Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic, Flippa, and Uniregistry. Each domain generates a decent amount of offer views daily on Sedo but except from the scammers no offers so far. Whey are they going to the offer page when there is a min offer price written on the list if they are not planning to bid at least that amount i dont understand but i am probably missing something.

These are the domains i bought and reasons why did i buy them.

- php-programming.com // same name with .info was sold for 480$, godaddy estimate 2k+ // i listed this for 800$

- bitcoin007.com // crypto007 was sold for 500$, godaddy estimate 2k // listed for 500$

- manhattanbeachclub.com // godaddy estimate 1.9k // listed for 800$ // this one got two high offers but they turned out be scam, this is the only one i listed on flippa so maybe they are searching flippa for new listings and try to scam people.

When i am buying i try to consider keyword volume, selling prices of similar domains, trends and possible trademark issues.

So what do you think and what do you advice to a newbie?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Here is my story so far, i would appreciate if you advice how to approach in certain parts.

I bought some domains and I've listed these on Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic, Flippa, and Uniregistry. Each domain generates a decent amount of offer views daily on Sedo but except from the scammers no offers so far. Whey are they going to the offer page when there is a min offer price written on the list if they are not planning to bid at least that amount i dont understand but i am probably missing something.

- php-programming.com // same name with .info was sold for 480$, godaddy estimate 2k+ // i listed this for 800$

- bitcoin007.com // crypto007 was sold for 500$, godaddy estimate 2k // listed for 500$

- manhattanbeachclub.com // godaddy estimate 1.9k // listed for 800$ // this one got two high offers but they turned out be scam, this is the only one i listed on flippa so maybe they are searching flippa for new listings and try to scam people.

When i am buying i try to consider keyword volume, selling prices of similar domains, trends and possible trademark issues.

Would you also please share the method they tried to scam so other new investors can becareful about them as well. What is their procedure ? What do they try to do ? How to prevent ?

As for (bitcoin007.com // crypto007 was sold for 500$, godaddy estimate 2k // listed for 500$)

Bitcoin is specifically for bitcoins and crypto can work with any currency. If crypto domain was sold for 500, then your domain will not get anything above 200. Just my opinion.

•••
Hello,

Would you also please share the method they tried to scam so other new investors can becareful about them as well. What is their procedure ? What do they try to do ? How to prevent ?

As for (bitcoin007.com // crypto007 was sold for 500$, godaddy estimate 2k // listed for 500$)

Bitcoin is specifically for bitcoins and crypto can work with any currency. If crypto domain was sold for 500, then your domain will not get anything above 200. Just my opinion.

I agree. Usually, the registration of "almost identical domains" will not play a strong role. They may not even pay off. Never.

•••

1. He said, "My client wants to but for your domain for 35k $ but he needs you to get certificate of compliance according to Norwegian laws." For the certificate they direct you to a fake website. Cost of the cert. was around 300$. I said this site doesnt look good you an buy it for me and cut the price accordingly. They blocked me.

2. Someone offered 1.5k from Flippa dm and gave me this wsap number. In wsap he offered 5k :) After that he said;

"The thing is I have all my funds on the cryptoexchange spacexcrypt now. And problem is that I reached the monthly withdrawal limit there. Now i can send my funds only using internal exchange transfer, because I can't use the withdrawal until April"

•••
One came to me on flippa with whatsappnumber too he didn't respond for the moment but i'm sure he is a scammer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back