NameSilo

Strategy for selling pharma domain

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by thebordella, Nov 24, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. thebordella

thebordella New Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I have noticed that pharma companies register the .com domains for most medications they create. Usually they register these domains early in the trial stages, so it is probably a deliberate strategy baked into their process of branding a new drug. Unlike most "valuable" domains, these are obscure words specific to the drug branding.

Using this guideline I have looked for drugs whose brand names maybe "slipped through the cracks" and not been registered. It is not easy - opportunity is slim. But I did find one and registered the .com. It is a medication that would treat a common condition.

I am not sure of the best strategy to make a sale of this domain. Its value would primarily be to the pharma company and is probably trademarked. Sending them a random email out of the blue would not seem like a great approach.

Recommendations? Thanks!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Pairadice

Pairadice Established Member

set a BIN price tag on a landing page and never think about it again

3. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Make sure you check for trademarks before registering them.

4. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

i have one and placed it on bodis.com, gets some traffic, but its the generic term not the brand name.

5. xcloud123

xcloud123 Established Member

I know that the domain medidata.com sold at 600K USD!
    it is a great deal !
    i like domain start with medi
    just hand reg mediThings.com ,
    i hope i can wait for the buyer

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice