Dynadot

advice Strategy for selling pharma domain

NameSilo
Watch
I have noticed that pharma companies register the .com domains for most medications they create. Usually they register these domains early in the trial stages, so it is probably a deliberate strategy baked into their process of branding a new drug. Unlike most "valuable" domains, these are obscure words specific to the drug branding.

Using this guideline I have looked for drugs whose brand names maybe "slipped through the cracks" and not been registered. It is not easy - opportunity is slim. But I did find one and registered the .com. It is a medication that would treat a common condition.

I am not sure of the best strategy to make a sale of this domain. Its value would primarily be to the pharma company and is probably trademarked. Sending them a random email out of the blue would not seem like a great approach.

Recommendations? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
set a BIN price tag on a landing page and never think about it again

•••
Make sure you check for trademarks before registering them.

•••
i have one and placed it on bodis.com, gets some traffic, but its the generic term not the brand name.

•••
I know that the domain medidata.com sold at 600K USD!
it is a great deal !
i like domain start with medi
just hand reg mediThings.com ,
i hope i can wait for the buyer

•••
Back