Domain Empire

General advice needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pivackernan

Established Member
Impact
Hi there my names Keryn, I am fairly new to domaining and new to this forum which I have found myself referring to ALOT since becoming fascinated, or should I say - obsessed with the big beautiful domain world! I have posted things in the wrong forums, I have listed auctions wrong and I have stumbled around this forum like a definite rookie haha I'm sorry. I was wondering if anybody has luck selling domains on eBay? I have listed on Flippa, Sedo, had my own website for a little while, have posted on here and am now trying only a few listings on eBay at $1 reserve (glitter.cloud, minerecruit.org, buzz.fish and bid5.co which I won't go into detail about its not a sales post..). I have a lot of researching and learning to do but thats the joy of it all, I'm making sure I absorb every little bit of advice given and love meeting you all and watching where my sold domains and your sold domains end up too. I have some funny domains in my portfolio like what the hell was I thinking...I have some that I am sure that I hold onto for a wee while and build up my traffic will bring in a good return too but for now I'm just finding my feet and would appreciate any advice you could give me on eBay listings and what success or non-successful listings you have had through eBay...thanks in advance. K

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have had good and bad experiences with ebay.
I've had big ROI but also loss during auctions.
For sure it is not at all a waste of time to list on ebay. And there is good potential for ROI.
I however wouldn't use it as an auction source UNLESS you are willing to sell at investor purchase price.
End users do not go to ebay looking for a domain name.
I use to sell a lot of PR and "aged domain names".
There was atime making over $500. This quickly dwindled. Made about $5,000 total.
Everyone else started doing what I was doing and it spread out the sells so thin, it wasn't worth it anymore.
I do not personally list on ebay anymore.
As I have evolved to the point where most of my domains are intended to be a long-term portfolio which I'll liquidize in future.
However, as I said, its not a bad thing... and I've had some good sells and good buys.
If you are looking for building a portfolio i'd suggest using ebay.
I purchased onrn.com, urxi.com, 4f7.com, and some others...
I also purchased some lll.us from ebay, like irh.us, couple of cc.orgs.
FYI, my trategy is to bid on many, and set your highest bid low, and wait to see what pans.

Good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back