Dynadot

opinion .GDN

NameSilo
Watch

TIPLY

Established Member
Impact
what do you think of the GLOBAL DOMAIN NAME GDN extension is worth investing in ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All details and statistics about .GDN can be seen here

It is broadly sold now by Alpnames for USD 0.60, therefore trending rapidly up, most buyers are from China, second is US. In GA only from March 2016, so very fresh.

Personally I do not feel it and do not plan to invest in it now, as GDN is not established verbal shortcut really among general population and I am not sure how many end users will remember its meaning (global domain name)..not that many imo.

•••
what do you think of the GLOBAL DOMAIN NAME GDN extension is worth investing in ?

I like it but there's only a couple people including myself that have registered them here at NP, or they just don't admit to registering any.

The only true generic other than XYZ IMO.

99.9% of my .gdn are LLL.gdn domains, so that's what I'm focused on..

•••
I like it but there's only a couple people including myself that have registered them here at NP, or they just don't admit to registering any.

The only true generic other than XYZ IMO.

99.9% of my .gdn are LLL.gdn domains, so that's what I'm focused on..
I think that is actually good strategy..extension is of big interest now in china, they reg it in massive way, and they might be interested in LLL later in case the extension will become popular there. With 0.6/domain there is nothing really to loose.

•••
I think that is actually good strategy..extension is of big interest now in china, they reg it in massive way, and they might be interested in LLL later in case the extension will become popular there. With 0.6/domain there is nothing really to loose.

Mine weren't that but they still were fairly cheap. Although I had to dig deep to find LLL's that were not premium priced.

•••
I own some, i focused on Chinese pinyin names that hold value in .com extension
some of them are:
jiankang .gdn :?: health
dushang .gdn :?:
caifu .gdn :?: wealth riches
meili .gdn :?: beauty
pinyin .gdn :?: pinyin
shishang .gdn :?: fashion
yingxiao .gdn :?: makerting
3dprint .gdn :?: 3dprint
jishu .gdn :?: technology
fangdichan .gdn :?: real estate
shiwu .gdn :?: food
ziliao .gdn :?: data
shuju .gdn :?: data digital
kexue .gdn :?: science
anquan .gdn :?: security
xunixianshi .gdn :?: virtual reality

•••
•••
if u mean to reg them by investing... then am afraid it's already too late for $1 good regs..
premium prices mostly all there I think... as always for ngtlds..

I guess in this biz, you're either quick, or you're out.

that being said.. here is the extent of my gdn investment.. $7 total.. all VR stuff.. frankly, even all that niche was already mostly all grabbed out!! cheers!

gameVR
goVR
liveVR
VRnews
VRtech
VRtravel
VRworld

•••
I recently registered a few (dirtcheap) .gdn that certainly would not have been available if the extension was of any existing value. Names such as wholesaler/s, auctioneers, etc ...

Last edited:
•••
I own some, i focused on Chinese pinyin names that hold value in .com extension
some of them are:
jiankang .gdn :?: health
dushang .gdn :?:
caifu .gdn :?: wealth riches
meili .gdn :?: beauty
pinyin .gdn :?: pinyin
shishang .gdn :?: fashion
yingxiao .gdn :?: makerting
3dprint .gdn :?: 3dprint
jishu .gdn :?: technology
fangdichan .gdn :?: real estate
shiwu .gdn :?: food
ziliao .gdn :?: data
shuju .gdn :?: data digital
kexue .gdn :?: science
anquan .gdn :?: security
xunixianshi .gdn :?: virtual reality
I wish I spoke Chinese, that would be an huge advantage now :)

•••
I own the father of all niches GreatDomainNames.gdn
G - Great
D - Domain
N - Names
And the extention is also GDN

•••
Nice to see you all sharing thoughts on .gdn. I have also invested in it. I think it can get a lot of attentions based on the amount of registrations they are making.

I wanted to know if you all have any real websites on .gdn?

Post your reply so we can share with each other.

•••
Nice to see you all sharing thoughts on .gdn. I have also invested in it. I think it can get a lot of attentions based on the amount of registrations they are making.

I wanted to know if you all have any real websites on .gdn?

Post your reply so we can share with each other.
I have started working on a couple of websites!!! I should have them done soon!! Just need to finish a few with .club first. Then the next project will be .GDN

•••
GreatDomainNames.gdn website is under construction.

•••
•••
My only concern with domains that offer cheap registrations.... like with .xyz is the amount of spammers and blackhat marketing that gets done with them......because they are so cheap, spammers buy them in bulk and us them as "throw away" domains...and this ends up giving the TLD a bad rep....

•••
Very creative use of .gdn!
This will be a marketplace that will be very unique of its kind. Algorithm is little complex

•••
I own the father of all niches GreatDomainNames.gdn
G - Great
D - Domain
N - Names
And the extention is also GDN

This is great use of the gTLD.

Were not investing in .GDN but I do think it can be kind of cool for slow grow development projects that utilise the GDN like you have done.

GetDomainsNow.GDN
GetDevelopedNow.GDN
GlobalDataNetwork.GDN

•••
.GDN seems to be the sleeper no one wants, or wants to talk about but the dang thing keeps growing like an energizer bunny. Someone is buying... :)

Almost 270K registrations, hasn't fallen to date and the chart continues to rise. Number 16 nGTLD right now and from what I've read they have limited registers but working on getting more on board.

Might start looking at a few more if this one continues on it's current path, like I've said before it's truly generic just like .xyz. ;)

Last edited:
•••
@mad409 It sure does. As a matter of fact i just checked ntld stats and they have added crazy domains now as well. This could be big. I just checked crazy domains and I think they focus on Indian markets.Interesting.

•••
I would never put this thing on my business cards. Because people would ask what .gdn means and what it stands for, is it a country or something and why don't you just buy a normal extension like everybody else ? What are you going to say ? You could as well buy a .ws since it's been branded as 'website' for a long time.

•••
I would never put this thing on my business cards. Because people would ask what .gdn means and what it stands for, is it a country or something and why don't you just buy a normal extension like everybody else ? What are you going to say ? You could as well buy a .ws since it's been branded as 'website' for a long time.

I'd probably answer the question, Global Domain Name. It's no different than a tech company using a .io, I'm sure if asked they will either say Input/Output the made up meaning or what it really stands for.

•••
Did anyone of you have bought .gdn domains from dynadot. I just saw that they are selling it as well. I came across it through web search actually. There are a lot of .gdn domains in their marketplace as well. just fyi

•••
•••
@mad409 Yeah I noticed. ntldstats shows PDR is starting to register domains as well. its now at 280,000 plus.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back