Dynadot

discuss .gdn Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dotintra

Dointra Sales & SupportAccount Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi Namepros members,

We are Dotintra and we have noticed a lot of buzz about .gdn and Dotintra on namepros and therefore we believe it will be a good way to connect with you all and talk about .gdn as we are one of the resellers for this extension.

We believe with a recent interest in .gdn by a lot of people, business and others it is good to have a discussion about .gdn with a reseller of this extension.

So what have you all heard about .gdn?
What do you know about their pricings?
What news can you share with everyone that people would like to know?
Have you started buying domains for .gdn?

It will be great to have input from you all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Dotintra,

to answer your 4th question:
Yes, I have started buying .gdn's - you can see them in the following:

0123456789.gdn
1234567890.gdn
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gdn
domain.gdn
gdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdn.gdn
globaldomainname.gdn
king.gdn
server.gdn
smartphone.gdn

Last edited:
•••
I purchased several from another register but then found out the pricing went crazy the second year. I wish I would have found you first as you have good rates for three years and then the higher renewal. I do have some questions as I have only registered one with you to date.

1. Your site let me sign up with my American Express card but when I purchased the .gdn American Express isn't an option. I do all my domaining using this form of payment, are you going to add it to your payment platform? This is a problem for me..

2. I tried to forward my domain on your site, added the forwarding URL but not sure what to add in Source, left side. I've tried everything and it still doesn't forward.

3. Are all the NNN domains unavailable? I've tried many 3 number combo's and can't get any to go through. Have they all been purchased or just not released?

4. Also it seems like a lot of keywords are unavailable too, with under 12,000 regs to date there should be more unless .gdn is holding them all back.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks..

•••
Hi Dotintra,

to answer your 4th question:
Yes, I have started buying .gdn's - you can see them in the following:

0123456789.gdn
1234567890.gdn
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gdn
domain.gdn
gdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdngdn.gdn
globaldomainname.gdn
king.gdn
server.gdn
smartphone.gdn
@kingof.top thank you for your response.

•••
I purchased several from another register but then found out the pricing went crazy the second year. I wish I would have found you first as you have good rates for three years and then the higher renewal. I do have some questions as I have only registered one with you to date.

1. Your site let me sign up with my American Express card but when I purchased the .gdn American Express isn't an option. I do all my domaining using this form of payment, are you going to add it to your payment platform? This is a problem for me..

2. I tried to forward my domain on your site, added the forwarding URL but not sure what to add in Source, left side. I've tried everything and it still doesn't forward.

3. Are all the NNN domains unavailable? I've tried many 3 number combo's and can't get any to go through. Have they all been purchased or just not released?

4. Also it seems like a lot of keywords are unavailable too, with under 12,000 regs to date there should be more unless .gdn is holding them all back.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks..
@mad409 Thank you for your input and feedback on payment card issues. We will update you soon on American Express card acceptance.

We will surely revert back with your url forwarding issue. We have not come across this before from other customers.

There are a lot of domains that are in reserve list by the @gdnregistry and will be released for auctions but we will keep you posted when this happens.

There are a lot of domains available. lots of keywords but some are premium names too so you may want to search again to see if its a premium name or not.

•••
@Dotintra
What is your price for a .gdn domain transfer (from an other registrar to you)?

•••
just registered:

xing.gdn
dian.gdn
gupiao.gdn
gushi.gdn
jinrong.gdn
jipiao.gdn
jiudian.gdn
luxing.gdn
luyou.gdn
zhongguo.gdn

I don't know chinese, but with google translate and adwords keyword tool you may find Very good pinyin words available. And .GDN looks like GuangDong province domain ))

•••
That it is a spamming registry just like .top.

•••
And they're courting domainers to keep them afloat :)

•••
•••
•••
@vivaldi Can you share your experience about spamming? even the email you received?
Have none left but received xx of them, telling me to prepare for the launch and it's short for Generic Domain Name.

•••
just registered:

xing.gdn
dian.gdn
gupiao.gdn
gushi.gdn
jinrong.gdn
jipiao.gdn
jiudian.gdn
luxing.gdn
luyou.gdn
zhongguo.gdn

I don't know chinese, but with google translate and adwords keyword tool you may find Very good pinyin words available. And .GDN looks like GuangDong province domain ))
@TMarkus Thanks for letting us know. .GDN supports 5 languages as well other then English. They are Chinese, Korean, Russian, Arabic and Japanese.

•••
•••
I have bought some domains is there a way I can change the number of years. I want to change it from 3 to 1yr

•••
Hi All,

We would like to wish you all Happy Easter from Dotintra. In order to share the true spirit of Easter we will be offering amazing discounts on .gdn domains. Now you can buy 1 year for $0.90, 2 years for $5.99 and 3 years for $9.99 for www.dotintra.com.

If you all have questions and need more information, we are here to help you :)

•••
I have bought some domains is there a way I can change the number of years. I want to change it from 3 to 1yr
@Frank Demitri Unfortunately you cannot, but you can take advantage of our Easter promotion with one year pricing at just $0.90/year.

•••
Was just checking some stats - https://namestat.org/gdn

From about 304,000 to 168,000, lost almost half.

@Eric Lyon Did they get banned/closed account or something? Noticed a line thru their name

•••
I think your numbers are wrong, they have dropped, since just over a year since the initial sales and many not renewed, but nowhere near half or the figure you indicate - see ntldstats for gdn (as new I can't yet post exact links) (as of today at about 266,000 - did a 2 get transposed to a 1 for you?).

I only own one .gdn, and don't plan to buy a lot, but personally I think the idea of a global domain name will gradually grow in popularity, and I expect them to crack the top 10 of new gTLDs within a year or so (they are currently at #17).

•••
I think your numbers are wrong, they have dropped, since just over a year since the initial sales and many not renewed, but nowhere near half or the figure you indicate - see ntldstats for gdn (as new I can't yet post exact links) (as of today at about 266,000 - did a 2 get transposed to a 1 for you?).

I only own one .gdn, and don't plan to buy a lot, but personally I think the idea of a global domain name will gradually grow in popularity, and I expect them to crack the top 10 of new gTLDs within a year or so (they are currently at #17).

No, can you distinguish and 1 from a 2? - https://namestat.org/gdn
182,979, zone file from other site, same exact number. https://ntldstats.com/tld/gdn

There are charts to make it easier for people to read, even kids in elementary school can grasp these charts. It's going down. But somehow you think it will stop and then go back up to the top 10. The idea of a global domain name has existed for decades now, see .com, .net etc. gdn are horrible letters. Luckily you only have one, one too many.

On top of that, I see a whopping 2 reported sales
adjf.gdn - $150
revenue.gdn......wait for it.............. $1

https://namebio.com/?s==cjNzMzN1MTM
http://dnpric.es/?q=.gdn

Last edited:
•••
No, can you distinguish and 1 from a 2? -

There are charts to make it easier for people to read, even kids in elementary school can grasp these charts. It's going down. But somehow you think it will stop and then go back up to the top 10. The idea of a global domain name has existed for decades now, see .com, .net etc. gdn are horrible letters. Luckily you only have one, one too many.

The domain registered figure for the most recent date given (July 31, 2017) on ntldstats is 262,872.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back