Dynadot

discuss New gTLD Renewal Prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Frank Demitri

Established Member
Impact
I have been looking around new tld's and wanted to ask about there renewal pricing. They have different renewals anywhere from $5 to $50 or may be even more. What do you all think is the right renewal price. Is there a right answer to this or does it just depend the tld it self. Does it matter if the tld is a gtld or a cctld or anyother category that it will have a higher or lower tld.

I have been particularly looking into .top, .xyz, .online, .site, .win and .gdn and out of all .top is so far the cheapest in terms of renewal as far as I know.

It will be interesting to see all the input.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried to transfer a new gTLD premium to another registrar which had a decent price but then got the answer that its a Premium name and "registrars or registry moving to other registrar is prohibited."

Has anyone come across that?

Do Premium domains have some extra limitations?

•••
Yes, usually Premiums are transfer-limited.

•••
..and here is what I got from godaddy on .online renewal. As low as $30 hahaha
renewal.JPG

•••
where can i transfer .xyz domains to? any cheap registrars charging less than 10 dollars? thanks, guys.

•••
•••
I tried to transfer a new gTLD premium to another registrar which had a decent price but then got the answer that its a Premium name and "registrars or registry moving to other registrar is prohibited."

Has anyone come across that?

Do Premium domains have some extra limitations?

I have had no problems with transferring mine to Namesilo. Great prices as well.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Just came upon this today - TLD LIST
Compare Prices of All Top-Level Domains/TD List
https://tld-list.com
A bit confusing interface so after the .com type in /tld/date if you want to know about .date - leave the . out. Example: https://tld-list.com/tld/press
Don't know anything else about them but you can get it to list transfers and/or renewals in ascending or descending order.

•••
•••
It is not a policy.
This is because not all registrars support Premiums... for example, 1and1.

•••
It is not a policy.
This is because not all registrars support Premiums... for example, 1and1.

1and1 does not support anyone but themselves !

•••
It is just one sample, there are many registrars with lack of Premiums's support...

Last edited:
•••
Is there a place where once can compare renewal prices of premium new gTLD's?

Or you just need to reach out to egistrars and see what they can offer?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back