Dynadot

auctions GD- Anyone getting it right on GoDaddy auctions ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

steven55

Established Member
Impact
We see so many Domain sales on Godaddy at Namebio on regular basis.

Yet, when we list anything on auction at Godaddy, it hardly gets noticed, forget about being sold.

Most of the domains that are selling on Godaddy are expired auctions.
Even listing as featured doesn't help much.

-Anyone having any inputs on this ..
-Have you had any positive experiences on selling on Godaddy auctions ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have noticed its hard to sell if you list the domain at retail price as most of the buyers are domainers.

if you have a decent domain at wholesaler price then the chances of selling them are higher but not as good like expired domains.

I have sold 2 domains under $250 each and when I check who both them, they were other domainer.

•••
Thanks a lot Shadeems !

Had you listed those domains at 7 day auction or was it "Make offer/ Buy now" type ?
Had you promoted these domains as featured ?

•••
Make Offer/ Buy Now
No promotion

•••
Make Offer/ Buy Now
No promotion

Thanks !
But how about the public auctions ? Does anyone have some positive experience there ?
I hardly seen any bids on public auctions on Godaddy..

•••
I have noticed its hard to sell if you list the domain at retail price as most of the buyers are domainers.

if you have a decent domain at wholesaler price then the chances of selling them are higher but not as good like expired domains.

I have sold 2 domains under $250 each and when I check who both them, they were other domainer.
People think they will get retail at auction as it happens auction in every industry is wholesale.

•••
People think they will get retail at auction as it happens auction in every industry is wholesale.
Thanks!
But even at whole sale price I feel, public auction is difficult to work at GoDaddy.
May be one has to list it as "Buy now" or "Make offer".

I think the public auctions at GoDaddy fail to get exposure irrespective of sale prices..
On the other hand, expired domain auctions are seen to have so much action ..

•••
The more exposure the better as every click helps the next.

•••
List at GoDaddy auctions and do relentless targeted outbound marketing :)
Make a 2 hour window every day when you're 100% focused on domain selling and nothing else
Send on Tuesdays or Thursdays to arrive at 1000 local time, unless a public holiday
If I do everything correctly and make no sales, it's because I registered low quality domains
Remember that the person on the other end of the auction is a human too
So go on Twitter, type your keyword and reach out by DM/e-mail/call anyone who's talking about your domain keywords
GoDaddy auctions, for the most part, is a very lonely place - if you want friends, go get 'em!

Last edited:
•••

This is an excellent point, and people should price their domains accordingly

•••
One way to promote your GoDaddy auctions is of course here on Namepros like this auction of mine.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back