IT.COM

Fuzzy Line between domainer and end user prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"Let me give you an eloquent example, we’ll assume the domain CityXRealEstate.com sells for $5,000 through a domainer to domainer auction, with City X being small and relatively poor. Now of course, even if the city isn’t exactly affluent, the domain is still valuable. People still need a place to live, there’s still a need for realtors and so on. However, your end user sales expectations need to be reasonable or even downright pessimistic.

Before even thinking about paying $5,000 for such a domain, you have to ask yourself what the upside is. How much could you, realistically speaking, expect to ultimately sell the domain for to an end user? I’m sorry but in our example (a small and relatively poor city), the likelihood of generating an end user sale which at the very least enables you to break even is low."

Share your point of view on the same!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
link doesn't seem to work

•••
Thanks for informing! I am not able to share the link here; it gets broken

However, I will share the gist of the article.

•••
Research is your best friend :). Look at past sales ending in "realestate". Look at the size of those cities/places. Look at the size of the real estate market in those cities/places. See how many entities in those cities/places are out there on the net.

If you think you can sell it for more than your investment, then how much more? Buying at $5k and selling for $8k is still a nice chunk of change. But will it be worth your time marketing your name? Are these companies that will take months and months to decide or even respond to you?

These are all questions I would ask myself. I live in NYC, and newyorkrealestate / com, nycrealestate / com, brooklynrealestate / com, and bronxrealestate / com aren't owned by end users. If the players are big enough, then their territory has already been marked and they may not care at all about a keyword name. At that point, the question is, how good of a salesperson are you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back