IT.COM

Fusedhosting.net Down?? Please help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

It has come to my attention that all day today Fusedhosting has been down. All of my sites hosted with them are not working and I can't even access their site to make a support ticket.....

Furthermore, I don't have a backup of my sites, and I see that the company was recently sold to someone else, so I am REALLY concerned about this!

If anyone knows ANYTHING - PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You all must have the luck of the irish because since this whole thing started i have been unable to get in to the cpanel or even access my sites at all. Freakin lame....

•••
I can confirm some of there servers are offline, we managed to transfer some of there clients onto our servers but we can't transfer the rest as there servers are back offline.

:td:

•••
I've moved my sites to a new server, but this does not mean I dont want a refund.

This is the worst "service" I have ever come across. I just wish I could do a Paypal claim.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Oh, and their ticket page might be up now, but their image verification conveniently isn't loading so you cant actually put a support ticket in!

•••
That would be their migration then. Dns. You can expect the service to improve significantly from now onwards.

Jack, I understand that you are no longer a co-owner but as you seem to be making excuses for the new owner, what do you think would be a fair definition of "now"?

•••
What now guys? I cannot access my email, my cpanel or ftp? At least what I want is to move sites out so ...

•••
well this just stresses the need for keeping regular backups. Luckily my sites hadn't changed too much so i havent lost much, and by moving everything I've got to a new server my sites aren't all that different - if you havent kept back ups it would be a major problem :(

With that said, there is still NO excuse for what is happening right now.
Mass refunds should be distributed asap.

•••
so now I have a major problem. The domain I had registered by fusedhosting wasn't registered in my name (it's in theirs - ****ing joke) so currently I can't move it out. There aren't even any options in cpanel to administer dns. I've just tried phoning Chip Wolfe on his mobile but currently goes to voicemail - another surprise. I'm going out of my head - what can I do??

•••
So... did the sites just going to apache get deleted during the change?
I have a customer who was using them and now their site is only showing that apache setup page. plus like everyone else cpanel login info does not work.

I'm sure I will be hearing from my client about this very soon.

•••
so now I have a major problem. The domain I had registered by fusedhosting wasn't registered in my name (it's in theirs - ****ing joke) so currently I can't move it out. There aren't even any options in cpanel to administer dns. I've just tried phoning Chip Wolfe on his mobile but currently goes to voicemail - another surprise. I'm going out of my head - what can I do??

Unfortunately, practically nothing. Anything that can be done will either require access to the domain name or access to cPanel (or FTP). If you do have the latter, I'd setup a redirect to the site hosted elsewhere either via cPanel or via an .htaccess redirect.

So... did the sites just going to apache get deleted during the change?
I have a customer who was using them and now their site is only showing that apache setup page. plus like everyone else cpanel login info does not work.

Hard to say for sure, most likely it's just a DNS issue. Perhaps even the old records are cached, but given that so many are complaining of the same thing, still sounds like a DNS issue.

•••
Unfortunately, practically nothing. Anything that can be done will either require access to the domain name or access to cPanel (or FTP). If you do have the latter, I'd setup a redirect to the site hosted elsewhere either via cPanel or via an .htaccess redirect.

Hard to say for sure, most likely it's just a DNS issue. Perhaps even the old records are cached, but given that so many are complaining of the same thing, still sounds like a DNS issue.

It seems like a DNS issue, but people can't connect via FTP using there details either so it appears as if the data has been lost, including the configuration files for logins etc...

:| Not looking good right now, the amount of previous FusedHosting client's who have come to us is unbelievable, and almost ALL of them can't access there files at FusedHosting.

•••
This really sucks.. and yet again they are not responding to emails!!!

Looks like I have to find my client a new host and redo their site for free. Really not good at all.

•••
It seems like a DNS issue, but people can't connect via FTP using there details either so it appears as if the data has been lost, including the configuration files for logins etc...

Possibly a dumb question here, but are they using new IP addresses or anything? (I'm not personally sure if the migration changed IPs or just moved the old ones?)

•••
This is very bad. I am Hosting a fused host client, I didn't have to move files or anything he had backups.

I do wish that this would be resolved and fixed. Its horrible to see so many people in this situation.

•••
This is very bad. I am Hosting a fused host client, I didn't have to move files or anything he had backups.

Perhaps the best lesson in all of this. With our dynamic-content websites this can certainly be difficult, but even if the company offers backups, it's a very good idea to make your own personal backups from time to time. It would be much better to restore an old website than to go days without anything and with the specter of possible data loss. Hard lesson I know, but please all of you take this one thing away from this.

•••
I'm no more with FH. Thanks to God that I'm on new server. Me and my users are happy to leave FH. What about others?
Don't tell me guys that you're still thinking of giving FH a chance.

•••
Did anyone have any Problems with there password not working when they was trying to recover there files?

•••
I've still got a problem with the domain they registered for me in their name!?! so at the moment I can move it until they transfer it over or update the nameservers. I'm going to phone Chip Wolfe again today - just got his voice mail over the weekend - I'd advise everyone else to do the same:

Chip Wolfe
+1.4192950423

•••
I have called and Texted him but nothing yet.

•••
Seems like fused it completely offline now - I could get in via a proxy yesterday - today everything is saying is down.

•••
Well that's very unprofessional of them - I wasn't aware of any server migration thing ( haven't received any email or anything ), nor have I received any status update on email regarding progress or any apology. I would sound mean now, but I would sue their ass right now - I had like 10 sites hosted with them now I cannot move out none of them - a bit of my fault cause I'm not making backups so regulary, but it's their fault as well and now I'm losing money and cannot move them out.

•••
done a little digging - as far as I can tell unless it's a complete coincidence this is the Facebook profile for Taylor Snow - IT Director of FusedHosting who is based in Mansfield Ohio.

Why not send him a message:

Also found Robert 'Chip' Wolfe's LinkedIn profile:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/chip-wolfe/3/930/665

Which links to this company:

Net 2 Service
Phone 419.295.0423
Fax - 419.715.5156
Email - [email protected]
1194 Lexignton Ave.
Suite 202
P.O. Box 3294
Lexington, OH 44904

EDIT: Just realised that's the same phone number on the whois record.

Last edited:
•••
Not related to my previous ownership of the company, I feel I shouldtell people to respect peoples social networking profiles, it could potentially be described as harrassment which could cause you issues in the future. However, public information such as Whois and emails would probably be acceptable.

Just some advice, after all you wouldn't like it.

•••
Really Jack - in this case I think it's totally acceptable. They've basically gone to ground. I have sent about 20 emails with no response - called Chip which just rings out to voicemail. The support ticketing system isn't working on the site - one of my cpanel logins just doesn't work - I have a domain which they registered under their name which is a complete nightmare for me because I can't movie it away.
What do you suggest I do? Just sit here and wait day after day for them to eventually respond to me? Damn right I'm going to hound them.

•••
I just got a response from an email sent to: [email protected] regarding a clients site that is totally down... it stated that a technician was looking into it and I would hear back from them ASAP.

....hmmm, why do I not believe that???

•••
how long ago did you send that email?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back