IT.COM

Funny reply from an enduser

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i mail an endusher who has the singular version of the domain i recently purchase (website) an estate niche domain asking if he will be interested to purchase this domain.

Got a reply: Really? You bought my domain name. Aren,t you a
sleazy little bastered. Good luck you little prick.

Lol that was funny to me, he is a real estate agent/ investor and also a realtor (my research).
Should i reply him, educating him, why the domain is no longer his, base on registrer policy or i should just ignore him

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another greedy domainer who got (removed derogatory word) slapped!
Awesome!
We need more endusers to answer domainer spam emails this way!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
@iowadawg u always talk trash since i knew u as a namepros member, who is greedy? Nd who told u i offer him a price? Watch ur brain and ur fingers, also mind ur business

•••
because to me he clearly wants the domain.

What part of "Good luck you little prick" did you not understand

When you continue to converse with someone that replys like that, they general get motivated to explore why they is an "Registrar Abuse Contact" in the whois.

Drop it like a rock.

I forgot to add in my first post that he probably got people asking to buy it before it dropped too. The pural/singular is a big one they use to find endusers

•••
Oh, the OP is not happy with my reply....
Well, OP, do not post such threads.

•••
Greedy only means money motivated and relates to any industry in sales.. Question is that really bad

Last edited:
•••
Email him...

"Thank you for your accurate response. Now that we are standing at the urinal and discussing size, it is obvious you would like to have this domain forwarded to your current site. Am I correct? If so, I am receptive to moving past our prior exchange and move towards forwarding the site to yours or outright transferring it to you. Are you interested in having this happen? Let's discuss. Regards, Little Shi_ for Brains (who prevented this site from ending up in your competitors hands)"

95% percent chance he'll come back with $%^#& YOU!
5% percent chance he has regained his composure and realizes he DOES want it back. (at a reasonable price)

100% he won't trust you, so you will likely need to use an escrow service, but... he just might want it back bad enough to pay $200 - $300. (much more than that and you'll likely get a new list of 4 letter words in your next email)

An old time real-estate salesman just might laugh at your gumption and go through with it to prevent his competitors from getting it.

The approach may be worth a shot to see if you can pull this one off as a case study for domainer perseverance... (certainly would make for interesting water cooler conversation around the NamePros Forum if it worked)

Good Luck.

-Jim

You're the man Jim! :D

•••
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!
I guess many of us have been called names somewhere along the domaining way...

•••
@verbster i bought the domain via expired domain auction, so it still has d original date 2010 and thier is not tm issue (the domain can not be trademark) e.g houseinvestor.com or estateinvestor.com can this type of domain be trademark?
@baseballworld can u explain this line ''But for me personally I
would tell him to F-off as I do this for a
hobby for extra cash''

Means I can afford to lose the domain no big deal by making him mad. Short tempered I guess.

•••
Either he let it drop for a reason, or was clueless of his registration renewal date.

Once he goes through his grieving process of the loss, and gets to 'acceptance', he will either make you an offer or will move on.

Typically if they aren't a large business, they will either move on or make a small offer.

I've seen some high value names dropped, or sold, by accident; you take your chances, could turn out either way.

If you keep your eye on the lists, you can find some domains that were acquired for mid 5 figures, or more, and were accidentally dropped. IDK of the success of the acquisition post auction, but it happens.

Good luck.

•••
Well guess you got many options. As I reread all the posts you can go a few different approaches here.

1. Got the leave it
2. Got the mean
3. Got the nice
4. Got the greedy
And number 5 I laughed for real at in my chair. Do not compare urinal analogies sounds like the gay approach.

•••
Another greedy domainer who got bitch slapped!
Awesome!
We need more endusers to answer domainer spam emails this way!

I don't think you are seeing what Iowa is saying here. We all get the b.s. emails daily buy my domain it related to yours. Blah blah blah.

To be honest I offer mine for sale instead to them or like Iowa said I bitch slap them verbally as well.

•••
edited by me

Last edited:
•••
Aren,t you a
sleazy little bastered.

Sounds something like what my dad has told me over the years of what he thinks about real estate agents in general.

Should i reply him, educating him, why the domain is no longer his, base on registrer policy or i should just ignore him

If it was worth my while and could be done, I might see about selling it to a competitor of his to make use of.

•••
Someone gets / registers/ the name he dropped (maybe by mistake) and offers to sell it to him ?
And you want common courtesy?
Why?

So he let it drop 5 years ago and now wants it back and comes back with a rude comment like that, yeah right, if he showed manners and courtesy, then maybe, but he acted like a stupid little w@nker with that reply, serves him bloody right

•••
If he has no trademark on the name you should set up a mirror site of his, that will really make him want your name, haha

•••
If he has no trademark on the name you should set up a mirror site of his, that will really make him want your name, haha

You do know that that particular guy has rights through usage (in most jurisdictions)?

So if the OP has to set up a site similar to his, especially after contacting the guy-he will be infringing on that guys (common law) trademark rights.

It's a bad idea.

•••
@JudgeMind nice ideal, but i dnt have such time to start building any site
@NS the name can not be trademark

•••
So he let it drop 5 years ago and now wants it back and comes back with a rude comment like that, yeah right, if he showed manners and courtesy, then maybe, but he acted like a stupid little w@nker with that reply, serves him bloody right
Read between the lines much.

Drop 5 years ago? Nope. Recent expired purchase registered in 2010.
Wanted it back? Recommend you read https://www.namepros.com/threads/funny-reply-from-an-endusher.847834/page-2#post-4790196

Seriously? Stupid idea on so many levels....

•••
@NS the name can not be trademark

Irrelevant-whether the name itself is generic or not. @JudgeMind made a suggestion, that if you had to follow it, would have you infringing on that guys tm rights. That is what I am saying.

•••
Drop 5 years ago? Nope. Recent expired purchase registered in 2010.
Wanted it back? Recommend you read https://www.namepros.com/threads/funny-reply-from-an-endusher.847834/page-2#post-4790196

Dont get this, its the same thread lol

If he has a TM, give it back (which OP already said it cant be), if he doesnt have a trademark, it just tough, what if it dropped 15 years ago, do you still just hand it over because he forgot to renew it, you dont know how long ago the name was dropped, re-registered??

•••
Dont get this, its the same thread lol
It's a post in this thread that speaks to how much the person indicated he wanted the name back - it's not hard to keep up.

I didn't say give it back. I've said that potentially he could be in the wrong depending on the name (which I don' t know).
I also said that I have no idea why you expect courtesy from someone who, at minimum, he appears to be trying to extort value from.

•••
It's a post in this thread that speaks to how much the person indicated he wanted the name back - it's nothard to keep up.

yeah, Ive read the whole thread..no need to point it out

Thats business Im afraid, the OP is entitled to register any name he wants if its available and if you screwed up and least have the decency to communicate in a professional manner if you want the name back

Speaking like that if only going to get the persons back up, maybe explain nicely taht you somehow missed the renewal date and you might have got the name back for $50, speak like a rude prick and you will get what you deserve

Maybe the OP was happy to give it to him if he spoke with a little respect :D:D:D...manners, courtesy and professionalism and your word are everything in business, he will learn that the hard way

•••

@bene, If the point is to make a sale ... you may want to consider .....

* put the name on some marketplace with offer/counter-offer + BIN, BIN value to a bit higher of whatever you expect from sale.

* drop an mildly apologetic email about not wanting to offend him, soothe his ruffled feathers

* politely and nicely mention you are sending this to him first but will send to other prospective buyers in a day or two.

if you have other prospective buyers, let them also know.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back