Dynadot

Is this enduser fooling me?

NameSilo
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I have an enduser interested in one of my domains , it's "big us city+autorepair.com" , I contacted him quoting a price of $600 and saying that i'm also contacting other parties.He replied counter offering $450 but mentioned , "know that I have the trademark so good luck selling it to someone else."

I searched up the trademark data base and couldn't find any trademark. Is he just joking around so that I may just sell to him?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not idiot at all. In fact very smart. There is danger here. If the seller accepts the offer than the buyer might ask himself where are the other buyers? why did they refuse to pay ? Maybe I offered more and then he might again offee $300 or $350 at best.

So it could go either way.

You are right. He may get a lower offer.

If the seller doesn't think the domain name worth more than $600. I suggest to sell it even at $300 cash out and reinvest.

•••
why did they refuse to pay ? Maybe I offered more and then he might again offee $300 or $350 at best.

So it could go either way.
I emailed counter offering 550 , I haven't received a response so far ...been 1 days.I'd wait for 2 more days and then call him.

This happened to me once , I offered a wedding related domain and got about 5 interested parties. 1 of them wanted to buy the domain at $800 ( my offer) and asked to wait for a few days. She also asked me the names of other interested parties and she knew a few and insisted they have more money than her.

Other parties were no longer interested. So I contacted her again asking for her max offer . She said $300 . I waited for a few days and contacted her saying she can have it. She replied saying that she's no longer interested since no one else bought from me . Lol

I did end up selling this domain to another party which I contacted later.

•••
I emailed counter offering 550 , I haven't received a response so far ...been 1 days.I'd wait for 2 more days and then call him.

This happened to me once , I offered a wedding related domain and got about 5 interested parties. 1 of them wanted to buy the domain at $800 ( my offer) and asked to wait for a few days. She also asked me the names of other interested parties and she knew a few and insisted they have more money than her.

Other parties were no longer interested. So I contacted her again asking for her max offer . She said $300 . I waited for a few days and contacted her saying she can have it. She replied saying that she's no longer interested since no one else bought from me . Lol

It happened to me like 5 time this year.

Buyer said he wants it, we agree on a price. remain silent...

A non completed transaction is not a sale. Don't celebrate too soon! hehe

•••
If I were the buyer, I will tell you, sure, I can pay $600 but with one condition, I need appraisal! go to this link and bla.bla..bla..! lol!

I know its an old tricks!

•••
He might be trying to lower down your offer , my suggestion is to be sell it for 450$ as it is good offer

•••
too bad you sold the name, without consulting someone more knowledgeable in domain valuations and negotiations, first.

i'm sure you wanted to do your own thing, but by soliciting, i think you sold yourself short.

how:
by assuming, what the potential buyer wanted you to assume.
taking on the assumption of possible tm, issues, you became passive and flexible.
yeah, they tried to run game to get lower price.

still, if you found another buyer, made a profit that you're happy with, then that's all that counts.

Congrats!

imo...

•••
Some buyers may initiate price games, some buyers may confuse various aspects/ terms of law and the domain business and some others are responsive in unusual ways to offers to sell 'em a name.

Basically IMO, you received a fair counter-offer and if that price range is still on the table suggest accept the offer and move on forward to your next sales project.

•••
It happened to me like 5 time this year.

Buyer said he wants it, we agree on a price. remain silent...

A non completed transaction is not a sale. Don't celebrate too soon! hehe
This ha
too bad you sold the name, without consulting someone more knowledgeable in domain valuations and negotiations, first.

i'm sure you wanted to do your own thing, but by soliciting, i think you sold yourself short.

how:
by assuming, what the potential buyer wanted you to assume.
taking on the assumption of possible tm, issues, you became passive and flexible.
yeah, they tried to run game to get lower price.

still, if you found another buyer, made a profit that you're happy with, then that's all that counts.

Congrats!

imo...
i haven't sold it yet.

•••

how you contact end user ? maybe u can help me cause i have many name

•••
how you contact end user ? maybe u can help me cause i have many name
google the keywords and contact the parties whose business revolve around the domain.

•••
He hasn't responded back to me yet.I think r got offended with the TM issue.

I'll call today.

•••
Any update? How did it go?

•••
Handy to offer a sales link where the buyer can just go and pay for the name without any barter, sometimes they go cold on the idea, good luck

•••
also asked if he can attach any document which proves the trade mark.
This is stupid, man. How would you care? "I know you are lair, and i've just proved that, now you pay me $3000 instead of $450". If he doesn't have the documents, he will most probably tell you to screw yourself and will never send you any cash.

•••
Any update? How did it go?
I responded today saying I accept the offer and some other stuff.

He said sounds good and need to discuss with his bussiness partner.

•••
This is stupid, man. How would you care? "I know you are lair, and i've just proved that, now you pay me $3000 instead of $450". If he doesn't have the documents, he will most probably tell you to screw yourself and will never send you any cash.

•••
I think $450 is good, however it should $500 is better. He's trying to lower down your offer, don't worry about this.

•••
it really comes down to whether you have it cause you want to sell it or hold on to it, isn't it? just because of the personality buying it is a snake doesn't mean not to sell it if that was your intent when you bought it. Hope that helps with your decision.

•••
excuse me, burp, enduser.

•••
it really comes down to whether you have it cause you want to sell it or hold on to it, isn't it? just because of the personality buying it is a snake doesn't mean not to sell it if that was your intent when you bought it. Hope that helps with your decision.
his personality isn't a snake , he seems like a nice guy actually. He thanked me for contacting him again and said he'll discuss with his business partner regarding this.

•••
his personality isn't a snake , he seems like a nice guy actually. He thanked me for contacting him again and said he'll discuss with his business partner regarding this.
will be happy to see the sale for you bro. Just pray he does not change mind after the meeting. I hate those words " I need to speak with my business partner" yuck!

•••
He can't make a $450 purchase without consulting his business partner? How was he able to make the offer then?

He's either buying time and may be thinking about changing his mind, trying to negotiate a lower price, or might need to ask his wife for permission.

•••
He can't make a $450 purchase without consulting his business partner? How was he able to make the offer then?

He's either buying time and may be thinking about changing his mind, trying to negotiate a lower price, or might need to ask his wife for permission.
I was thinking the same. He was the one to offer me in the first place and also lying about the TM.

•••
I was thinking the same. He was the one to offer me in the first place and also lying about the TM.
if he moves the goal post by reducing the price... DO NOT reply. ignore it completely. He wants to know if he is the ONLY one that is buying IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I actually did a search on your behalf, as I am constantly looking at trademarks on names I acquire. The only active big city auto repair trademark is Irvine Auto Repair and it is developed. There was one for San Jose, but that trademark was dead. I may have overlooked it, but there was only 130 or so listings for auto repair so it just took a minute to search.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back