Domain Empire

Funny reply from an enduser

NameSilo
Watch
i mail an endusher who has the singular version of the domain i recently purchase (website) an estate niche domain asking if he will be interested to purchase this domain.

Got a reply: Really? You bought my domain name. Aren,t you a
sleazy little bastered. Good luck you little prick.

Lol that was funny to me, he is a real estate agent/ investor and also a realtor (my research).
Should i reply him, educating him, why the domain is no longer his, base on registrer policy or i should just ignore him

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, was the domain you own registered before his? If so, I'd reply to him and let you know that this domain has actually been registered longer than his (just another reason he should own it).. Otherwise, maybe just disregard it.

•••
Where is the common courtesy these days?? What a $%#@#$%

Ask him why he cant even look after his own business's domain name and send him a screen shot of the WHOIS with your name on it

•••
Well, was the domain you own registered before his? If so, I'd reply to him and let you know that this domain has actually been registered longer than his (just another reason he should own it).. Otherwise, maybe just disregard it.
Yes the domain he is using now was reg 2013, why the domain i recently purchase was reg 2010, though his reply show dat he was the former owner of my domain. Base on his reply wat do u tink i should say to him? Or should i ignore him?

•••
I'd 100% ignore and move on. He knows you have it, if in the future he has a change of attitude he knows where to get it.

•••
Where is the common courtesy these days?? What a $%#@#$%

Ask him why he cant even look after his own business's domain name and send him a screen shot of the WHOIS with your name on it

Someone gets / registers/ the name he dropped (maybe by mistake) and offers to sell it to him ?
And you want common courtesy?
Why?

From his point of view you're sending unsolicited mail in order to try and rip him off. Depending on the name he may have a point.

•••
Always ignore, it can be tempting but never engage.

•••
Bene, I told ya... not often good as they let it drop for a reason.

•••
Yes the domain he is using now was reg 2013, why the domain i recently purchase was reg 2010, though his reply show dat he was the former owner of my domain. Base on his reply wat do u tink i should say to him? Or should i ignore him?
Even though what you have was originally purchased in 2010, it sounds like you bought the domain recently, after 2013. If this is the case, and the domain is confusingly similar to what he is now using, you may have made a mistake by contacting him and offering to sell it to him. It shows bad faith and most likely will be a trademark infringement to his common in-use trademark.

•••
If you need sales and stuff Id let it go as could be tm issue. But for me personally I would tell him to F-off as I do this for a hobby for extra cash. lol

•••
@verbster i bought the domain via expired domain auction, so it still has d original date 2010 and thier is not tm issue (the domain can not be trademark) e.g houseinvestor.com or estateinvestor.com can this type of domain be trademark?
@baseballworld can u explain this line ''But for me personally I
would tell him to F-off as I do this for a
hobby for extra cash''

•••
Let it go. There's nothing to gain by writing him back.

•••
he never look / read your email further & already he owned singular version...so move on.....

•••
happened with me too recently.. he said

Sorry but I already own it.. good try

•••
•••
What did you do next? lol

I tried my best to make him clear in his mind that he owns plural and I have singular version of it.

No reply from him so far.. so passed on that guy as I have list of 30 prospective end users..!!

•••
Email him

This is Johnnies mother, how dare you talk to my son like this!

•••
•••
Just ignore and move on I guess you have got better things to do.

•••
If he has a a legit business working from his website, you could be in trouble. Nothing to laugh about.

•••
@sircc be in trouble? Lol this is laughable too

•••
•••
When you get these words without stating a price:

sleazy bastered prick

You're dealing with:

a) A person that will never do business with you.

b) The domain (even if it seems relevant to you) means absolutely nothing to him now.

You could be the 2nd domainer to nag him over this. (or the more unlikely: he owned the two domains for one year) since it never dropped and his present site was started in 13.

While it's tempting you ask him if he talks this way while selling real estate. There no good reason to reply.

•••
i mail an endusher who has the singular version of the domain i recently purchase (website) an estate niche domain asking if he will be interested to purchase this domain.

Got a reply: Really? You bought my domain name. Aren,t you a
sleazy little bastered. Good luck you little prick.

Lol that was funny to me, he is a real estate agent/ investor and also a realtor (my research).
Should i reply him, educating him, why the domain is no longer his, base on registrer policy or i should just ignore him

Email him...

"Thank you for your accurate response. Now that we are standing at the urinal and discussing size, it is obvious you would like to have this domain forwarded to your current site. Am I correct? If so, I am receptive to moving past our prior exchange and move towards forwarding the site to yours or outright transferring it to you. Are you interested in having this happen? Let's discuss. Regards, Little Shi_ for Brains (who prevented this site from ending up in your competitors hands)"

95% percent chance he'll come back with $%^#& YOU!
5% percent chance he has regained his composure and realizes he DOES want it back. (at a reasonable price)

100% he won't trust you, so you will likely need to use an escrow service, but... he just might want it back bad enough to pay $200 - $300. (much more than that and you'll likely get a new list of 4 letter words in your next email)

An old time real-estate salesman just might laugh at your gumption and go through with it to prevent his competitors from getting it.

The approach may be worth a shot to see if you can pull this one off as a case study for domainer perseverance... (certainly would make for interesting water cooler conversation around the NamePros Forum if it worked)

Good Luck.

-Jim

•••
I think you should reply because to me he clearly wants the domain but you have it.... Just explain to the end user that.. I totally understand your frustration that you missed out on this great domain and that your only here to offer it for a super affordable price... Also include that were totally lucky to find this gem just laying around and show the end user the value in owning the singular version of the domain as well as how it can be used, if the domain is getting traffic even better....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back