NameSilo

FREE Domain Transfer to Network Solutions with Free 1 Year Extension! No Limitation!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shakib K.

HostCram LLCEstablished Member
Impact

* Offer applies to new Transfer-In request initiated from a valid registrar to Network Solutions by 10/1/2017. This offer is valid only for .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz domain names. Offer applies only to transfer in service fees, not domain name registrations or renewals. Purchase of the transfer service does not guarantee that the transfer will be successful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Didn't work for me, anyways i believe that after one transfer each it will stuck.
Did you guys managed to the the whole cycle of transfer with multiple names?

•••
It might be worth trying different browsers? I had trouble with Firefox but switched browser and the order seemed to go through okay.

as said above by me, chrome was not showing me the transfer status page. however, I still could add domains to transfer and use coupon with chrome

safari fixed transfer status page for me.

so imo browsers have nothing to do with whether the coupon works or not. at least not for me

cheers

•••
Promo code work. But 1 hour passed and domains still didn't show in transfer-status.

•••
Out of my original set of 19 (through 3 separate orders), 15 of them look like they will go through. A fast registrar already shows netsol nameservers but NOT my info, nor is the domain in my account. I'll update if anything goes nuts. Transferring in from 4 different places.

UPDATED 1: Whois is all me now. Waiting for it to hit my account but email below said it could be 24 hours.

Last edited:
•••
Out of my original set of 19 (through 3 separate orders), 15 of them look like they will go through. A fast registrar already shows netsol nameservers but NOT my info, nor is the domain in my account. I'll update if anything goes nuts. Transferring in from 4 different places.

Email:

Dear Network Solutions Customer,

XXXXX.com has been successfully transferred to Network Solutions. It will be available to manage in your account (Account ID: XXXXXXXX) within 24 hours. To manage your domain log in to your account manager here.

(just documenting some of the steps so you can tell if there is an irregularity in what you are doing).

And to those that showed $9.99 screenshots, yes, that would have charged you, imo. Mine says Discount $9.99 and then where yours says $9.99 mine says $0.00.

Last edited:
•••
@Beezy Can you confirm that an additional year was added onto the expiry?

•••
@Beezy Can you confirm that an additional year was added onto the expiry?

The whois says:
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-11-08

Seems the year was added.

Domain is still not in my account. And i approved expedited transfers at another registrar so I will update the thread with those, too (5 approved so far for this)

15 of mine appear they will go through. These say "Pending Completion".

I have 25 that are sitting at "In Progress", which does not allow me to enter the auth codes yet.

"Once we've verified your domain name is ready to transfer, you will need to enter your authorization code."
Testing this mostly with .org's I was on the fence about, .info's i'm holding, and coupon .com's that I want to give an extended life to.

EDIT. My original name has hit my account. Updates in the morning on the others.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting loss-leader tactic -- I wonder what the catch is.

•••
Just before i click it.
Does it mean 0 or 9?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170925-082913.png
    Screenshot_20170925-082913.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 145
•••
•••
I don't trust NS. I would avoid. The saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." should apply here.

•••
Edit : worked in Google Chrome

Last edited:
•••
•••
i am transferring....my payment method is paypal. and I hv initiated 70-80 names already. looks OK

however, a moment ago, things just do not work well b/c the site said i need to input payment (card) method..
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 1.49.48 AM.png

so who knows whats the reason? is that b/c they want credit card rather than paypal? or the number I hv initiated exceed the required number???

•••
i am transferring....my payment method is paypal. and I hv initiated 70-80 names already. looks OK

however, a moment ago, things just do not work well b/c the site said i need to input payment (card) method.. Show attachment 69569

so who knows whats the reason? is that b/c they want credit card rather than paypal? or the number I hv initiated exceed the required number???

Let us know :)

•••
•••
•••
Coupon Code FREETRNSFEROCT would not work for me in Firefox, DID work for me in Opera. My existing account was a couple years old with zero domains.

For my own protection, used my "Placeholder" credit card, it's a valid non-refillable pre-paid gift card, with correct matching address that has small balance on it. They DID run a $1 charge for each cart, likely for validation only, expect they will refund in a day or so. The process took me two tries, so if I do any more I will do them all at once, I only have $3 left LOL

Did three dot COMs all transferring OUT from DirectNIC. The process was kinda clunky, it took a while, maybe 10-15 minutes for the domains to show up in the transfer manager to enter the auth codes. Still waiting for auth emails from either gaining or losing.

These are domains I don't care about and would likely have dropped so if I can get a bonus year to sell them for free, super, if not will let them expire next year.

The challenge with transfer out is they try and make you stay. You pretty much HAVE to call in person, and then the best excuse is you are selling the domain and the buyer wants it somewhere else. You have to be very cautious about their Auto-Renew, and they send a TON of internal and partner marketing crap, which you can OPT-OUT of, just really pay attention, I just updated my email and there was a sorta hidden OPT-OUT when you verified the new email. Also, changing the email would have enforced the 60 day lock on any existing domains, except in my case I didn't have any : grin :

Will update when I get auth emails. At least I did get the "Confirmation of Email Address Change" notification so far.

•••
Anyone has experience with NS???
I had 4 years ago and never wanna use it back: deleted the domain name a few days after registered.
You must renew first if you wanna transfer out.
Have no idea how the provider working now. Hope it better.

•••
Last edited:
•••
You can, but they will make it very hard for you.

You can Google reviews about them. You will see that there are overwhelmingly negative reviews about them.

Like this one: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/network_solutions.htm

Personally, I would avoid them. Just like 1&1 (which sent my bill to a collection agency after my domain expired).
No, don't blame 1&1 they are kinda good for me so far and I was able to transfer at least 3 domain without a single support team person.

And here I tired to transfer one of name which I was dropping, all went smooth, no charges and anything, they send me an email to provide auth code, when I clicked at link and unbelievably here is what I have got,

Screenshot_2017-09-25-13-17-33.png

•••
Anyone has experience with NS???
I had 4 years ago and never wanna use it back: deleted the domain name a few days after registered.
You must renew first if you wanna transfer out.
Have no idea how the provider working now. Hope it better.

I didn't see the price list on their website, how much exactly .COM renewal fee ?

•••
I strongly beleive that the main reason for such a promo is their willingness to improve (in sense of numbers) expiring domains feed they are sending to namejet, after 1 year. What else this can be? Their marketers cannot be unaware that the companys service level and reputation are like of endurance/EIG in webhosting world, or of "new and improved" escrow.com in escrow world. And, they are doing it for transfers which means that owners of any domain they are gaining already experienced OK service level elsewhere, such as with GD which has 50% marketshare or lets say Directnic (perfect enduser-oriented registrar) mentioned above. It would be naive for them to expect any serious renewal rates on the domains they are gaining. So, what else this can be for - must be for improving namejet expired domains sales only. Which also explains why at least my Snapnames - originated NetSol account did not accept this code, as an account has a perfectly verifiable history of transfer-aways, which NetSol obviously does not want to happen for the domains in promo, as they need them to become expired and go to NJ, if not renewed for $35 or $38 each

Last edited:
•••
Heard very bad things about NS in past :(

I will not use this promo even-though I need to renew 200+ domains this month.

My time invested + previously invested money is valuable than free offer.

There might be high chances for loosing your domains, we can't predict what NS will do after this offer.

I'm glad that you guys saved some $$$ but beware of loosing your valuable domains

Best,

•••
Heard very bad things about NS in past :(

I will not use this promo even-though I need to renew 200+ domains this month.

My time invested + previously invested money is valuable than free offer.

There might be high chances for loosing your domains, we can't predict what NS will do after this offer.

I'm glad that you guys saved some $$$ but beware of loosing your valuable domains

Best,
And Advance RIP to all that who have transferred there valuable name to NS

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back