IT.COM

FREE Domain Transfer to Network Solutions with Free 1 Year Extension! No Limitation!

NameSilo
Watch

Shakib K.

HostCram LLCEstablished Member
Impact

* Offer applies to new Transfer-In request initiated from a valid registrar to Network Solutions by 10/1/2017. This offer is valid only for .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz domain names. Offer applies only to transfer in service fees, not domain name registrations or renewals. Purchase of the transfer service does not guarantee that the transfer will be successful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SPOILER ALERT - it's OVER - if you are reading this thread skip ahead and save your time!
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6369241/

Went ahead and called, got a fantastic and knowledgeable rep. She said that the offer is actually unlimited, and will last until they use up their quota OR 1 October whichever comes first. There are no charges and no restrictions, other than the mandatory 60 day transfer lock.*

She also said it is available to NEW customers also, so anyone having problems, have you tried multiple browsers? That seemed to help a few people.

Also, as long as the transfer is initiated during the special, then they are allowing a full 90 days for the transfer to complete, just in case someone updates their contact info and gets stuck with the Change of Registrant lock, this will allow plenty of time for the transfer.

My specific issue was that I forgot to turn off privacy and only did so after I started the transfer, so the approval emails are not getting through. She said if the system doesn't get a reply, it will REFRESH the contact email from whois after a couple days, so eventually they should come through. My other option was to cancel and start over, which I opted not to do.

*The standard hassles with NetSol are
1] you have to call to get Auth Codes, they try to talk you into staying. Best excuse say you sold the domain and they are pretty good about it.
2] push between accounts can be tedious - personally have not attempted
3] they will try and renew up to NINETY days ahead of time, and the renewal costs are high - $35ish
4] they have lots of internal marketing, there is a way to opt-out while you are checking out, not sure how to opt-out after the fact.

I am also fully aware that every rep has their own understanding so hopefully, the answers I got are accurate although some of this info does directly contradict what other members have been reporting

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited:
•••
You gave up on NS?

Here is a summary of my experience with NetSol and this offer.

My account history was a single 99 cent registration which I transferred out to test how difficult they were to deal with about 2 years ago.

This promotion was NOT emailed to me - I learned of it here, and used the coupon to complete four successful test domain transfers. I then CALLED them to verify that this offer was 1] available to anyone, including new customers and 2] unlimited use. On BOTH points I was assured this was correct. I also checked that the transfers only had to be started before the coupon deadline so I could get all Auth Codes later.

Then I continued to checkout more domains and stopped at 193 because I was tired of collecting domain info from my various accounts. My plan was to enter the Auth Codes over time and I didn't actually plan to complete them all, just entered them so I could pick and choose later.

The following day my account was locked and I called and they unlocked it. I entered a handful more Auth Codes. I cut paste all pages of the transfer manager to sort through what the status codes were and organized this all in my own spreadsheet. For the domains I entered the Auth Codes for on day two, I did not ever receive any emails to actually start the transfer process.

Day three, when I logged in, every incomplete transfer was cancelled. For the third day in a row, I called and support said he was going to restart all my transfers manually. Then he put me on hold again for longer and returned to tell me the fraud info that I posted as the WARNING post in this thread
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6369241/

There were three domains in Pending Transfer waiting for losing registrar that actually DID complete after they showed as cancelled in NetSol transfer manager

For safety, I used my placeholder credit card, which is a prepaid gift card with low balance, every $1 pending pre-auth dropped off after about 5-6 days

Over half of what I attempted I would have let drop anyway, and the domains I did attempt to transfer were all middle tier, there was nothing of great value to me, they are all domains I would sell for up to low $XXX. There was nothing I would have attempted to transfer out of NetSol after the extra year, so my risk of having the hassle of getting the Auth Code was limited to if I sold a domain that was there and had to move it individually at the buyers request.

Final result - seven completed transfers, many hours of wasted time, zero charges so far and good luck if they attempt to charge me. I like to keep an Auth Code spreadsheet anyway on hand for specials so some of the time spent was useful.

Still curious to see how they will handle this, my hope for everyone is they will honor the completed transfers without penalty.

•••
@Shakib Khan Thanks Bro.. I appreciate you sharing the code here... You've saved a lot of people a lot of money selflessly without earning a penny out of it... Inspite of that you are being subjected to criticism but that is a part of life...

@ others: To all the critics who tried to warn people. Thanks to you as well. You tried your level best to put your point across without earning any penny out of it.. You guys were selfless too

@ all: I hope all the issues will be sorted soon and we'll have a happy ending. I hope the peace and friendship of people here citing differences will stay as before...

Cheers to all...

•••
I went to Network Solutions this morning to take advantage of the free transfer offer. I was able to place 5 orders for free transfers to NetSol for a total of 250+ transfers. I received the emails from NetSol to enter in the authorization code for some and other emails saying some transfers were delayed. I input the auth codes for 4 domains and then approved the transfers away from NameSilo a short time later. I go back to my Network Solutions account later this afternoon to continue inputting authorization codes, but now all of sudden my Network Solutions password no longer works. The password worked fine this morning and I didn't change it so I have no clue why it shouldn't work. So I click to have the password reset link sent to my email. I get the email from Network Solutions about a minute later and when I click on the link to reset the password it takes me to a Network Solutions error screen that says, "We're sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later or return to the Homepage." I call support and after a while on hold I speak to Brian who verifies my info and then unlocks the account. I try to click on the password reset link and the same Netsol error page comes up. Long story short with support is that I still cannot access my account and support was pretty rude and unhelpful. Maybe I dodged a bullet here as I think only 4 domains will end up being transferred and just now I see that Netsol is run by the same people that run Register.com, who I would never do business with again as they spam call you trying to get you to buy other services and also attempt to hold your domains hostage if you want to transfer away. Wish I would have noticed that last bit of info this morning before I wasted my time. I'd better go back in to my accounts at NameSilo, Dynadot, Netfirms, and FastHosts and lock the domains. Ughh, what a waste of time!

TLDR; if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
https://www.networksolutions.com/

•••
Hello!

The way I see it, whoever posts here "Domain Coupons and Offers" is just doing that. In my opinion this doesn't make him or her responsible for any issues that may occur in result of the said coupons and/or offers.

For every post that lets us know about promotions, I understand there is an underlying disclaimer more or less like this: "This is just for your information! Do your own research and make your own decisions!"

Up to know, I've transferred around 200 domains do Network Solutions using this promo. My account hasn't been blocked (yet) and I may have saved at least $1,500 (even at promotional transfer prices).

In this case there are also a few downsides, unfortunately. At least these ones that I know of:
- 60 day transfer lock (as with any other transfer);
- No free URL forwarding;
- No immediate access to the auth-code.
But I take this as my responsibility. Before agreeing to any transfer, I click enough buttons acknowledging I read and agree with all the terms of the provider and of the promotion. It is MY responsibility to read those terms and, in fact, agree or not with them.

Also, if the promotion was intended only for some (recipients of a promotional email), NS should have configured their system in order to make the promotion unavailable to others.

So, thanks to @Shakib Khan for letting us know about this offer.

Best regards!

Last edited:
•••
Somebody actually has to pay me before I transfer domains into NetSol :)

•••
"Illegal"? That's ridiculous. Coupon sharing is expected shopper behavior. That's why retailers and other businesses put specific restrictions on coupons and promotions. NetSol has obviously handled this horribly.

The codes have been abused, yes, and the result has already turned ugly. I doubt actual fraud can be proven here in a court of law, or even be worth pursuing.

Where's our resident lawyer?

No it's not "illegal" - obviously. Illegal implies criminal law and slapping the cuffs on you.

This whole matter is basically contract law. A valid contract must consist of an offer, that is accepted, with consideration ("something of value") changing hands.

But, a business has a right to make terms and conditions for its offers, however the terms and conditions must be made clear. There is a classic case from 1892, Carlill v. Carbolic Smoke Ball Company, still studied to this day by first year law students, where a company published advertisements in newspapers claiming that it would pay a hundred pounds sterling (an enormous sum in those days) to anyone who got sick with influenza after using their "smoke ball" cold remedy. Well, one lady used the smoke ball, got the flu anyway, and tried to collect the £100., claiming that the advertisement created a binding contract (with offer, acceptance, and consideration) between her and the company. The company refused to pay, arguing that it was not a serious contract. The company also argued that it would be ridiculous to assume that the offer was open to the whole world.

Long story short, this smoke ball case wound up going all the way up the courts until it was decided definitively that this offer was binding for anyone who bought the product. The court held that this offer was not open to the whole world, but only to anyone who actually bought the product, which buying the smoke ball product constituted acceptance of the offer, and the consideration was the price paid for the product. The lady won her case, and collected her hundred quid.

This old case (and countless newer ones) stands for the proposition that if you make an offer, even to the general public, and they take you up on it and money or some sort of consideration changes hands, then you are bound to perform.

Now, if the company NSOL here is able to establish that this "offer" was limited only to the people they emailed the coupon to, and again, there might need to be some terms on the coupon that clarify this restriction, then I think they'd have a good case for rejecting any offers (rejecting orders) that came from those who did not receive the coupon via email. By rejecting orders, I mean straight from the gate, not processing or accepting the orders at all.

HOWEVER, I do believe that once NSOL accepts the orders for any domain transfers, that a contract has been completed and I do not believe they would have a leg to stand on for stopping the domain transfers. We'd have offer (the coupon), acceptance (placement of the order), and consideration (in this case, not money, since it was free, but, a promise to do something - transfer the domain and add a year to the registration expiration date - equals consideration).

In other words, my analysis of all this, is that NSOL MAY have had the right to reject the use of the coupons at the time that the orders were placed, if they were being used by people who had not received the offer. Once the orders were accepted I think that legally they were bound to perform: Especially, if the coupons do not clarify that they are good only for the specific recipient.

---

As as far as NSOL's trying to collect monies from people who already had their domains transferred free, I think they have no legal case at all, for all of the above reasons. (Already a done deal.)

Last edited:
•••
HEADS UP...

Something is wrong here. Not sure, especially when so many of you verify success with this deal. If I am wrong, correct me.
It's just a feeling I have.

Besides the fact that code FREETRNSFEROCT does not work on any of my 3 browsers, I called NETSOL a few minutes ago and the rep told me they know nothing of this offer and said it was a hoax. I also submitted a support ticket to get something back in writing. In it I posted a link to this thread.

I suggest you simply call them too and post your findings.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Guys - I kindly suggest that we don't fight each other and keep focus on the issue at hand.

•••
Was there any 'free transfer' offer ... ever in domaining history?

LCN did a totally free transfer LIMIT ONE that was completely legit (long expired)
https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-com-net-or-org-domain-transfer-at-lcn.1024611/

Plenty more that were super cheap, Rebel did them for 99 Cents

No other offers were unlimited though.

@tonyk2000 - the previous NetSol free offer 2003 - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=198611

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since this offer attracted so many new members, everyone is invited to the official Transfer Deals thread : smile :
https://www.namepros.com/threads/8-...scounts-for-com-transfer-renewal-only.985708/

•••
(Types password frantically.)

Click. Click. CLICK!

Oh no. It's not working. What am I to do?

(Sweating.)

...If only they had a damn chat feature.

>>>POOF!<<<

(NetSol Genie appears.)

Yes, Master? Did you summon me?

•••
Deal does seem to good to be true. It wouldn't surprise me if you guys all end up getting charged the transfer/renewal fee anyway. IMO, too risky to get your domains held hostage if something goes wrong.

•••
So the company gives a free promo code for transfers. People transfer in. Then they say its fraud. Because people use the code that they offered and transfer in for free. Then they say are going to charge people for each domain transfered in. This sounds like FALSE ADVERTISING AND FRAUD BY NETWORK SOLUTIONS! I hope some of you guys took screenshots of your cart checking out. NETWORK SOLUTIONS CANT just offer one price and then after you commit change it on you this is not LEGAL!

Last edited:
•••
Looks like a small scandal turning into a bigger scandal, should they decide to charge for the transfers completed with a valid discount coupon code.

To narrow down a code's validity, the system needs to track a hash code (long unique identifier) from the email, which validates the source, e.g. that the intended recipient of the email offer is using the coupon code.

That code and hash pair should also be restricted to an X number of domains, so that they cannot be shared either. Once used X times, the hash code is invalidated, regardless of the validity of the coupon code.

Obviously, they didn't do any of that.

Get ready to fight transfers out of NetSol in 60 days from now.

•••
Man I wouldn't even transfer my names there if they gave me 10 years for free. You are asking for trouble having them at Netsol.

•••
WARNING Some unfortunate yet not unexpected news:

The deal is OVER. Any accounts which used the code are flagged as FRAUD, whether you were emailed the code or not. When it all shakes out they are not sure what will happen to domains that were transferred with a code that were not supposed to - either they will be charged, or reversed back to the original losing registrar and the extra year reverts as well. AFAIK that is only if they reverse in a certain time frame.

My discovery was logging into my account to see every incomplete transfer CANCELLED and calling to find out what was going on.

Told the rep once again that they should get an official spokesperson here on NP.

Highly suggest that anyone who used the code and had not received the original email contact them by phone ASAP

Class action lawsuit on the way. My sincere condolences to anyone affected by this disaster. I'm having flashbacks to RegisterFly.

[Click To Enlarge]

np-ss-netsol-deal-implosion-09-27-2017.png

Last edited:
•••
@Shakib Khan

310 domains done.

I am a regular NS customer. I can not do more ...;) I wanted to move about 1000.

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
I did two waiting on completion I really hope they dont force you to renew for a year after.....

•••
The code did not work with an account originally opened by Snapnames, which is not a big surprise - the system must have figured out that I promptly transfer away each and every domain as soon as it becomes eligible (60 days).

The code, however, worked with some other netsol account I had. OK, tried to transfer-in something that I have no plans to renew, but if I can park it for 1 more year even with small payouts - why not?

There is no way I'd trust this company with anything serious, even for 60 days. It then asked to fill credit card or paypal info. Again, I would never give this company my real working cards or paypal, so I tried to enter one-time virtual prepaid card that had small balance. They did not like this card which may be because their billing correctly figured out card type (virtual prepaid), or tried to authorize some large charge, or noticed that card issuing bank is of course not in my country (which is normal for such cards), or any combination of the above.

So, no deal for me. Neither I like netsol, nor netsol likes me and my cards - this feeling is mutual :)

As as side note, it appears that Netsol has nothing to lose with this promo even if is distributed on domaining forum, as after 1 year they will send not-renewed domains to namejet and sell a lot for $69 or more to amateur domainers that are grabbing so many domains other domainers elected not to renew, and with serious non-renewal reasons.

•••
I strongly beleive that the main reason for such a promo is their willingness to improve (in sense of numbers) expiring domains feed they are sending to namejet, after 1 year. What else this can be? Their marketers cannot be unaware that the companys service level and reputation are like of endurance/EIG in webhosting world, or of "new and improved" escrow.com in escrow world. And, they are doing it for transfers which means that owners of any domain they are gaining already experienced OK service level elsewhere, such as with GD which has 50% marketshare or lets say Directnic (perfect enduser-oriented registrar) mentioned above. It would be naive for them to expect any serious renewal rates on the domains they are gaining. So, what else this can be for - must be for improving namejet expired domains sales only. Which also explains why at least my Snapnames - originated NetSol account did not accept this code, as an account has a perfectly verifiable history of transfer-aways, which NetSol obviously does not want to happen for the domains in promo, as they need them to become expired and go to NJ, if not renewed for $35 or $38 each

Last edited:
•••
That's good to hear at least someone from Network Solutions appears to be saying it is a valid promotion. So that takes away one worry. But the difficulty getting the Auth Codes and the stories about the unprofessionalism of the company re people's concerns on them somehow potentially taking people's domains or being tricky with customers don't sound good. Do they ever have any reps on the forum?

On their website it seems to suggest you can just request Auth Codes through the site, without calling, though it takes 3 days. Does anyone have any very recent experience with them in terms of getting Auth Codes? Do your requests for Auth Codes just not go through at all, as in it is part of their process that there is, in fact, no way to get them through your account, whatever their site suggests, and so it is part of their process you must call? Or is it just more that they are unreliable, deliberately or otherwise, sending them?

I recently transferred a few out of Network Solutions. The interface isn't intuitive and there are many hurtles to jump through just to get the authorization code for a single domain. Then you have to wait 3 business days to get the code.

I always cringle when I have domains to move from them.

•••
For New Customers

I bought one of their plan
https://www.networksolutions.com/website/website-offer.jsp

It is hosting with free domain, around 2.5/month.
I bought for one month (I still do not know if I can cancel it after some time or not, but still I needed one domain from one of my blog, so for me it is win/win).
After sometime tried the coupon again, it worked. And I applied it to around 50 domains. so you all can try.
I am just saying, it worked for me but can not be sure.
Rest now waiting for auth codes to be applied on the domains.

Still I am confused about Aditional one year, if any one please reply about it.
Thanks
Renewal rates are high as compare to others . but they will give you renewal coupon personally . i had few names on NS and when expiration comes to near or about to expire they send me coupon of $3.33 for .com renew . if you still do not trust easily get auth code next year and take them away .

Hope it helps .

•••
Just speaking from experience (with both Netsol and life) not from proof, but I think you will find added problems, not inexpensive solutions trying to take advantage of an offer like this. There is a reason they want to get you in, they believe they will make back any $ you saved and then some. Many people find it difficult to transfer out, I do it every month, but most domainers do not know the ins and outs of netsol.

•••
Back