IT.COM

FREE Domain Transfer to Network Solutions with Free 1 Year Extension! No Limitation!

Spaceship
Watch

Shakib K.

HostCram LLCEstablished Member
Impact

* Offer applies to new Transfer-In request initiated from a valid registrar to Network Solutions by 10/1/2017. This offer is valid only for .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz domain names. Offer applies only to transfer in service fees, not domain name registrations or renewals. Purchase of the transfer service does not guarantee that the transfer will be successful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was there any 'free transfer' offer ... ever in domaining history?

::this wet dream is about to become a nightmare::

•••
NS has been around from the beginning, I started in 96’ using them when they were the monopoly. Interacted with their employees over the phone 25-30 times over all those years. Most were just bad employees who should have worked for McDonalds to learn how to interact properly with customers. Little or Nothing has evidently changed, always difficult to work with, higher prices, etc. I watched this thread simply to see how it would all play out and refrained from warnings as it would only repeat some early negative comments others wrote. Its sad to see if their disorganization and that in all these years the business has not improved. Evidently not, now 21 years after my first experience. I was at a trade show in 96 speaking directly to one founder that same year talking to her to express my frustration about making numerous long distance calls at 30 minutes each, then costing $0.16/ minute. Those repeated phone calls to register a name and all the poor customer service were really bad. Her response was surprisingly very arrogant and non customer service oriented. I was shocked that her attitude was so poor as a upper management shareholder / owner.

These sort of problems are top down management normally. On a positive note, I had valuable names with them, and would trust my domains not getting stolen and protected by them as they make it difficult to transfer out. The idea that they offered OP a coupon should have been stated as exclusive to his use only, non transferable and this entire mess could have been prevented. That was an upper management error. I don’t blame any of you for using the coupon too, and OP was trying to help out. OP did publish his screenshot of the original email, and proof it worked for him. However, in hindsight and if NS did not want this mess to occur as pointed out by all the 633 posts, they should have shut it down immediately and denied any further use by other accounts, again a management issue. If true, Locking up accounts, refusing refunds and huge long delays and other things that happened is really bad business PR.

Well some of you guys got a great deal. Enjoy it. Hopefully you dont need to start another thread about how NS held hostage all your domains, overcharges, non-auth codes, etc. best of luck to all.

•••
You'd be surprised to learn the extent of domain hijacking that was facilitated at NetSol via identity theft, in the 90s, 2000's and even to this day.
I am surprised, so Well, thanks for that info. I had 3 and 4 char names never were touched, lucky me. Thanks for publishing those stolen names and recoveries like you do on your website too, it keeps the awareness. As NS reputation to never improve it seems, well thats sad. All the reading here on NP,s for months I thought it was only enom seemed to be the worst for thefts.

•••
(Types password frantically.)

Click. Click. CLICK!

Oh no. It's not working. What am I to do?

(Sweating.)

...If only they had a damn chat feature.

>>>POOF!<<<

(NetSol Genie appears.)

Yes, Master? Did you summon me?

Such posts remind me why only you could found domaingang :)
Loved it.

•••
Still curious to see how they will handle this, my hope for everyone is they will honor the completed transfers without penalty.

Thanks @usernamex for sharing.

I don't think NetSol is looking to screw anybody over here. They should realize their mistake by now, and their involvement, so I assume the best course of action is to save face, while attempting to limit their exposure ie flagging peoples accounts after this thread started trending.

This is the email I received from them. So far I don't see any charges to my account, so I am not upset. If they did (or do) charge me, I will be upset.
upload_2017-10-4_20-8-12.png

Last edited:
•••
got an email saying same stuff as Grilled's email
minus the discount offer

still not sure if they'll bill me or not for the few transfers now at NS, but I guess it does mean we can all forget about any of the pending ones completing under this promo... seems no matter how many emails or calls we make, they simply don't seem aware yet of the next steps to take.

good thing that like Usernamex I only transfered few things and ones I don't really care much for anyway.

all these negative comments people took their time to post here for others and warn them (I did not own NS accnt before this promo and had no prior experience) had the desired effect on many (me included) and made them think twice before transfering domains to NS and created just enough doubt.... which imo turned out to be a good thing in the end for many people. so I want to take time to say thanks for all the warnings from people to others here... and they appear to have been fully justified based on this messy promo and ns behaviour.. yet again.

cheers

Last edited:
•••
No problem with push on network solutions.
Its a bit different as the buyer making the move (pull instead of push) but it took only a few hours and completed.

•••
Yup worked a charm. No hassle managed to transfer in/out when it promo'd

•••
yea.. free.. unless they start using "tricks".

The reason this thread come to my mind is because I read on another forum about someone complaining about not being able to transfer out.

Register.com won't allow to transfer domain.

I have a domain at registered.com. I'm trying to transfer it to another provider but these jokers won't allow it.

Yes, I unlocked the transfer. Yes, I used their Auth Code. And, Yes my contact info is current. When I call them, they can't deal with such questions and have to redirect me but that someone else is 'not available right now'.

Now register.com isn't exactly networksolutions, however they are both web.com companies, which I personally had a bad experience with, and after reading reviews decided to never use again + make myself a rule which says: "never pay for a service before reading reviews".

I'm therefor very curious how this deal will end.

Last edited:
•••
I had but it doesnt work bro. seems like the offer is specificially for you or at least not for new customers like me. anyways thanks for trying to help. :)Show attachment 69552
Hey bro!
You have to remove Renew for additional years option and continue. :xf.smile:

•••
Hey thanks shakib.worked perfectly for me too with code :FREETRNSFEROCT
Transfered 2 domains for free.
Thankyou so much

•••

* Offer applies to new Transfer-In request initiated from a valid registrar to Network Solutions by 10/1/2017. This offer is valid only for .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz domain names. Offer applies only to transfer in service fees, not domain name registrations or renewals. Purchase of the transfer service does not guarantee that the transfer will be successful.

some timing i just transfered a few yesterday at cost :/ . Got 3 ive tried with this hopefully they honour it.

Last edited:
•••
thanks, but I meant once you create order using coupon.. how many days you got to enter auth code and get things moving before it cancels and expires on their end?
Not sure.
When they approve your order, you need to put your auth code to proceed.
Domain need to be unlocked for get approval.
I think, you'll get at least 5-7 days for put auth. code.

•••
my order is approved but i don't see any domain in transfer status
It will take a few minutes to hours for show on Transfer Status

•••
You can simply transfer out from them to another cheap registry after 2 months.

have u ever received such promo codes before and used them or this is your first ezperience with NS and a free or discount code? you sound very sure of yourself when you comment on this promo here.

•••
Transferred about 20 domains, still waiting for them to show up on transfer status
Here is the catch, if you want to disable auto renew you need to call them and we all know how that works with NS :)
I will transfer few of them to another registrar after few months and voila :)

•••
have u ever received such promo codes before and used them or this is your first ezperience with NS and a free or discount code? you sound very sure of yourself when you comment on this promo here.
I am connected with a few web hosting & IT company and know well about domains.
As there is no special terms with the coupon code of Network Solutions, i believe that it's will must work as regular process as it's always do.
You may confirm about this by sending them a email.
NS always reply within a hour.

Edit: Yes. I have used their $0.99 reg, $8.** transfer and $12 renewal offer previously.

Last edited:
•••
•••
question:

- can we point the domain names @NetworkSolutions to other links?

- if we planned to transfer naetowrksolution names to other registrars in 1 year after, can we order auth code easily?
The last time I had to call NetSol and argue with them to get them to send me my auth codes and it took 5 days to get them and sometimes their email was never even sent, so I had to call them all over again and wait another 5 days for the auth codes.

•••
its still working on my end :)

Last edited:
•••
Is the jigg up?

Also, to reask my question, for those of you who have put in orders, is your transfer status page still blank like this?

Show attachment 69558

funny you mention this but because of ns and this promo I had to install safari today cause first time ever chrome wasn't working for me when I entered the transfer status page.
its not cache or other things cause I just opened ns accnt today.
no clue why.
safari works good
all I see when enter trnasfer status page with chrome is graphics.. but no words or letters.

435436565.JPG

•••
•••
•••
I just saw this thread.

I did a test for 1 domain name.. but it's showing $9.99 for transfer. :/

•••
It might be worth trying different browsers? I had trouble with Firefox but switched browser and the order seemed to go through okay.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back