IT.COM

FREE Domain Transfer to Network Solutions with Free 1 Year Extension! No Limitation!

NameSilo
Watch

Shakib K.

HostCram LLCEstablished Member
Impact

* Offer applies to new Transfer-In request initiated from a valid registrar to Network Solutions by 10/1/2017. This offer is valid only for .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz domain names. Offer applies only to transfer in service fees, not domain name registrations or renewals. Purchase of the transfer service does not guarantee that the transfer will be successful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who gives things for free?

Some reasons that come to my mind are:-

1. Some product/service no one wants to pay for.
2. Mal Intentions.
3. Trying to build a new customer base.

There may be more reasons, kindly post yours.

I chose not to avail this promotion, I dont want anything for free, not from them atleast.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
NetSol if you're reading this - your company is a pile of :poop:

yeah... I mean.. locking people accounts or charging extra by mistake or not.. is not a solution here.. the solution here is to disallow a given coupon.. the moment you feel it is getting out of hand for you.. this is not professional.. or as the french say.. it is de la kaka.

•••
@alcy - yes, and there is still a lag in receiving email after entering the Auth Codes, longer today than yesterday.

Having done mass transfers before, this is actually fine to go at this pace, will be happy for whatever freebies I get : smile :

•••
Maybe for placing a lots of free orders from same account? maybe for doing spam/abuse/not passed their fraud test. Can be for using fake/like fake details? or maybe for just slow down them.

truth is.. sadly.. that its none of the above... they are simply that bad and unprofessional and lock people accounts without reason or notice... but.. in their case, I guess you can just conclude that they're living up to their already bad rep.

•••
Why are they locking people's accounts when they are actually offering this promotion?

I'd guess that if somebody is transferring too many domains for free - NetSol can reasonably guess
that:

- this is a domainer

- this domainer elected to transfer at least some domains he wants to keep (in contrast, small batches may well mean domains that he would allow to drop otherwise)

- he would therefore transfer most domains back to other registrars after a year, which would mean that NetSol neither will earn $35 renewal fee, nor will they have a chance to earn $69+ from namejet expired sales channel (where folks are buying pretty much everything if it is "expired" and at the same time "aged" for example).

Naturally they do not want to pay registry ~$8 per each of such domains from their pocket now, so they are locking accts

Actual reason of such a promotion must be their willingness to have as much domains as possible expired and send them to namejet after a year, which thing has no chances to happen with large domainer-owned transfer-ins. They cannot be that naive to expect any noticeable renewal rate @ $35/yr from those customers who transferred their domains to NetSol today (and so, in most cases, are well aware of how other (good) registrars work in quality/price aspect and all other aspects).

Last edited:
•••
@NamePov @Elad n and anyone else who actually DID get the email - you should be fine, do as many transfers as you can to make up for all of the lost time and effort those of us who were lied to endured : grin :

It is entirely plausible that the rep fully knew that I was not among the email recipients and was just being CYA by stating all accounts would be flagged that had used the code. I am just surprised to be the only one showing the cancelled status. Although if other members are still locked out, then maybe mine was a rare case of unlocked so I'm the only one seeing the cancellations so far.

•••
Re cross-selling emails: I just logged in to my netsol account (which was not locked, as I did not actually use this promo even for a few domains as I wanted, thanks goodness, they did not like my virtual prepaid cc which I tried to use for this promo) - and found that the reason I do not receive cross-selling offers is that I unsubscribed from any and all netsol emails - except obligatory technical ones - long time ago.

So they do have UNSUBSCRIBE option and anybody who is considering their emails as spam should probably use it, it is in account-profile settings

Unsubscribing, however, will likely prevent the system from sending any individual FREE TRANSFER offer should they elect to start another similar promo someday :)

I think there is no way to send domains back to original registrar simply because Netsol may wish to do so. Common ICANN-approved transfer form, which should have been sent out for any transfer (free or not) says:

"Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to another registrar for 60 days, apart from a transfer back to the original registrar, in cases where both registrars so agree or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs."

Dispute resolution is either UDRP or another (2nd) ICANN policy which covers registrar-registrar transfer disputes. Neither applies in this case.

So it is likely that all affected accounts should have no issues restoring access and managing domains that were successfully transferred-in, maybe on or about Oct. 2nd.

Of course there is nothing that prevents Netsol from politely asking "please pay us some $$$ as we messed up the things". Maybe it is the only thing they can really do. I may well be mistaken, in fact any lawyer should be able to give better recommendations to all parties after carefully reading their TOS

i thnk they would only ask politely if there are no cards on file or paypal agreemnts active.
else they'll just auto charge witout asking.. and if somoene complains they'll worry about it later... that's the type of co they strike me as... moreso than the "we'll ask politely" co.

jmo cheers

•••
Seven completed successfully and two pending completion. I'm in the same boat as you - not an original email recipient but then I think I've turned off all marketing e-mails from NetSol so that could be the reason.

Not being an original recipient does not mean you are not entitled to get it... If there is a coupon code, people will publish it and use it... when you target specific people, you probably add credits to their account... Probably within 2 days they realised the liability the promotion became... I see a loss of atleast $200,000 to netsol because of this... Apart from regular renewals, All domains booked in blackfriday/ cybermonday deals and other promotion last year must have found the Netsol way to get renewed. And now to make up for the loss they may have found different reasons to not process the transfer...

PS: Half of my domains did get renewed and I have half still pending. Not complaining though.

•••
My problem was with the fact that OP didn't say in the 1st post that he received this via email and it may not apply to others.

He made it seem like it was some page on NetSol itself. That got a lot of us into trouble imo.

Then he kept acting snarky like it was our fault it didn't work. I got charged more than a dozen times for a few attempted transfers.

•••
My problem was with the fact that OP didn't say in the 1st post that he received this via email and it may not apply to others.

He made it seem like it was some page on NetSol itself. That got a lot of us into trouble imo.

Then he kept acting snarky like it was our fault it didn't work. I got charged more than a dozen times for a few attempted transfers.

I got mail, take screenshots of it, shared on NamePros.
How can you blame me if Network Solutions locked your account for trying to transfer hundreds of domains for free?

Last edited:
•••
You guys are so quick at judging, pointing fingers, etc ...
Again (and for the last time) - I suggest we focus our energy (or anger as it seems) in the right direction.

PS: As unlikely as it may seem to other users I would have shared this email here had I seen it earlier.
The way the email is formulated there is absolutely no way of knowing or even guessing that it is only for the person who received it.

Last edited:
•••
Lots of companies run $1 transfer promotions every now and then, or cheaper in the case of at least one large company I can think of, running promotions isn't that unusual. Free, less so, sure, but taking out their issues, if indeed there are any, on customers isn't going to help anyone here.

The whole 'email' thing coming from Network Solutions really seems to have little basis, because it wasn't personalized or described as such. It seems like more of a way for them to avoid accountability.
Emails are forwarded, codes are shared. That's standard. People share with colleagues, wives, friends, whoever. Companies usually want promotions to be shared. Also standard.
The code was unrestricted, unlimited. Nothing said otherwise. Company reps also stated this.

Not that I am suggesting that helps any of us affected, it doesn't.

Personally, if Network Solutions are okay, I will be happy to use them in future. I imagine others also would, if they are better than their past reputation. The whole locking people's accounts thing whenever is unacceptable and the Auth Code stuff doesn't sound good, but if they do offer major discounts for renewals, like someone suggested, I would certainly consider staying, and/or using them as a registrar in future. It's not much, but better than a load of angry customers, issues, complaints to ICANN, business bureaus and wherever. So, hopefully they will behave reasonably. Remains to be seen.

Last edited:
•••
I was trying to help look out for the others but apparently some of you don't have English as your main language. I used a pre-paid card and lost a few bucks. Don't really care about it at this point.

However, in the next few days or so I'm sure we'll see more people complaining about their bank accounts being wiped out from this.

Re-read the posts and you'll see what my point was.
I get your point. And yes, if Netsol does this, THEY are to blame. The Op should not be blamed for sharing the offer.

•••
How long did it take to get the the mail to confirm your email address from dotster?
Mine are stuck for almost three days on pending. Resetting the nameservers didn't help to move it

2 days, but transfer is still "in progress" for most of them, only one - pending FOA

I have transferred to them only domains which going to expire soon and only 2 of them I was intending to renew. So if they do something strange with my account I will not lose anything big. I have used PayPal for every transaction and after every transaction I've had disabled automatic payment so they cant charge anything for the transfer now or anytime in the future.

•••
I also transferred 170+ domains, 75% completed, others are pending. No issues so far.

I think they charged $1 from card to verify that card is working, that should be refunded in a few days.

Anyone knows what will happen to the In progress domains?

Edit: I also received transfer email a week ago because I had an account at NS via NameJet drop catch domain.

Last edited:
•••
It's still "In Progress" for already 3 days, just received reply from Netsol: O_o

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are experiencing a slight delay in the transfer process as well as some flags due to the heightened security associated with this process. To prevent a spike in fraud and abuse associated with this offer, we have initiated a more thorough screening process causing a slight delay with the transfer process.

•••

I don't see it his mistake, it is mistake from netsol....
why they did not put ifs and buts in the script...
They should have mentioned in email that it is for only limited users who got this promotional email (@Shakib Khan reply if you got this kind of message in email).

we should appreciated him that he shared one of the best domain transfer deal.

•••
I ran out of popcorn after page 5.

•••
Can you tell me what risk I am taking by transferring my domains here?
1.they could, in according to icann's term, charging for transfer out fee otherwise pay crazy renew price
2.if your account being locked until 2 oct,no one know what would happened after that date
3.based on their past notorious practice(trying to auto enroll $1850 "security" feature), they maybe demand payment for transfer fee(especially if your account locked) on the excuse like you did not received the promotion mail so you're not eligible to enjoy this promotion or thinking you abusing the promotion

•••
when I called them they said this coupon was invite only, it was not legit to share it, and whoever managed to get free transfers with it, will be looked at by billing eventually and get charged and or sent a bill to cover the transfer fees if no payment method on file. except for people who got that email of course.

so clearly its all one big mess and I've no clue what will happen to our domains transfered there successfully.

Last edited:
•••
when I called them they said this coupon was invite only, it was not legit to share it, and whoever managed to get free transfers with it, will be looked at by billing eventually and get charged and or sent a bill to cover the transfer fees if no payment method on file. except for people who got that email of course.

so clearly its all one big mess and I've no clue what will happen to our domains transfered there successfully.

Even if it was invite only than they should have locked this promotion for others. they must not punish others due to their blunder, and legally and ethically they can not do this.
They must accept their mistake and should entertain customers. other wise many domainers are on verge of loosing domains or their cc will hit some high prices if they try to charge the amount. total bad attitude.

•••
whoever managed to get free transfers with it, will be looked at by billing eventually and get charged and or sent a bill to cover the transfer fees if no payment method on file.
WTF O_o

It looks like it might be a costly way to confirm that it was "too good to be true"

1&1 and netsol should be every on domainer's "avoid at all costs :hungover:" list

•••
I doubt they will be able to collect anything for domains already transferred pursuant to this deal but I'm sure they are trying to block any pending transfers. In short - a mess, that I am now definitely glad I didn't get mixed up in.

Shakib Khan who started this thread I am sure had the best intentions and we all went into it with our eyes open, so can't blame anyone.

•••
mind you, I completely agree with NS that it was illegal to share this coupon to begin with.
"Illegal"? That's ridiculous. Coupon sharing is expected shopper behavior. That's why retailers and other businesses put specific restrictions on coupons and promotions. NetSol has obviously handled this horribly.

The codes have been abused, yes, and the result has already turned ugly. I doubt actual fraud can be proven here in a court of law, or even be worth pursuing.

Where's our resident lawyer?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back