IT.COM

FREE Domain Transfer to Network Solutions with Free 1 Year Extension! No Limitation!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shakib K.

HostCram LLCEstablished Member
Impact

* Offer applies to new Transfer-In request initiated from a valid registrar to Network Solutions by 10/1/2017. This offer is valid only for .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz domain names. Offer applies only to transfer in service fees, not domain name registrations or renewals. Purchase of the transfer service does not guarantee that the transfer will be successful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A few more domains from Name.com is transferred to Network Solutions successfully.

•••
1.they could, in according to icann's term, charging for transfer out fee otherwise pay crazy renew price
2.if your account being locked until 2 oct,no one know what would happened after that date
3.based on their past notorious practice(trying to auto enroll $1850 "security" feature), they maybe demand payment for transfer fee(especially if your account locked) on the excuse like you did not received the promotion mail so you're not eligible to enjoy this promotion or thinking you abusing the promotion

I agree what you are saying, but we cant say it as abusing the promotion nor they can say this, if they are sending email and they think it is only for them than they would have done a check on their side, its very easy to block any one who are not supposed to avail promotion.
this is double -ve if they start blocking after.

•••
•••
mine some domains still stuck from dotster though
Basically domain transfer needs 5-7 days.
A few registry like Namecheap approve transfer out request fast.
My domain transfer from Dotster is complete.

•••
Basically domain transfer needs 5-7 days.
A few registry like Namecheap approve transfer out request fast.
My domain transfer from Dotster is complete.

In Progress was showing just after the order, it didn't even ask auth code etc. Many registrars ask domain admin to approve transfer and it takes and hour to complete. Like Tucows and Register.it, also GoDaddy.

•••
In Progress was showing just after the order, it didn't even ask auth code etc. Many registrars ask domain admin to approve transfer and it takes and hour to complete. Like Tucows and Register.it, also GoDaddy.
One of my domain from Dynadot is still In Progress.

•••
Email will be arrived on your domain's email.
Check your domain's whois first.

yes, I know this , all my emails are the same, seems Netsol didn't sent any mail at all...

I guess this time they must be set some settings to slow down the process intentionally...

Last edited:
•••
yes, I know this , all my emails are the same, seems Netsol didn't sent any mail at all...

I guess this time they must be set some settings to slow down the process intentionally...
Maybe.
Why don't ask them?

•••
•••
Can you tell me what risk I am taking by transferring my domains here?

Based upon my own experience, and reading a lot of reviews about bad webhosts/registrars... you are risking being abused, lied to, kept hostage, charged for stuff not in accordance with the terms and agreements, charged for serviced you don't want, and total loss.

And historically speaking.. do you know who has been known for such practice? ..I mean.. keeping businesses hostage, charging them for services they don't want, and causing total loss of assets.. ?

•••
1dqZuvO.png

Don't forget to change your Auto Renew option. It's can be changed from your domain management's details option.
You'll also get Transfer Lock and Request Authorization Code option here.

Last edited:
•••
Based upon my own experience, and reading a lot of reviews about bad webhosts/registrars... you are risking being abused, lied to, kept hostage, charged for stuff not in accordance with the terms and agreements, charged for serviced you don't want, and total loss.

And historically speaking.. do you know who has been known for such practice? ..I mean.. keeping businesses hostage, charging them for services they don't want, and causing total loss of assets.. ?
Indeed but if the payment method has no funds or is cancelled and you transfer out what is the problem?

•••
Indeed but if the payment method has no funds or is cancelled and you transfer out what is the problem?
debt collector?

•••
update: all still are "Pending FOA", ticket sent, no reply ...

•••
I think pending FOA means you need to confirm your transfer with old registrar, usually with an email they send.

•••
I think pending FOA means you need to confirm your transfer with old registrar, usually with an email they send.

but it should be confirm with Netsol confirmation email first, then the email of old registrar, or the transfer can't be initiated, I have not received the email from Netsol, and the status of the domains are still show as "ok", not "PendingTransfer"

Last edited:
•••
•••
update: all still are "Pending FOA", ticket sent, no reply ...

Same here with all of my remaining names.
Did you receive the email about the promotion?

•••
Same here with all of my remaining names.
Did you receive the email about the promotion?

then all your domains with "In Progress" finally also goes to "Pending FOA"? :xf.grin:

No, I didn't receive that email.

•••
then all your domains with "In Progress" finally also goes to "Pending FOA"? :xf.grin:

No, I didn't receive that email.

Yup.

Be careful

•••

Well, it's going to be really interesting to see what happens, when many want to transfer out a huge amount of domains.

This whole deal puzzles me, because NS must have known that many would transfer domains to them for free, and causing them loss. But also they must know that "everyone" want to transfer away from them again, because of their really expensive renewals fees. Since their system isn't wholly automatized either it will be even more costly to them, because of all the extra work.

I'm sure they understand all this, and this (+ reviews/history, web.com is the parent etc.) makes me really really suspicious.

Why would they do this, taking all this expense and unnecessarily work, unless there is something "hidden"?

•••
Well, it's going to be really interesting to see what happens, when many want to transfer out a huge amount of domains.

This whole deal puzzles me, because NS must have known that many would transfer domains to them for free, and causing them loss. But also they must know that "everyone" want to transfer away from them again, because of their really expensive renewals fees. Since their system isn't wholly automatized either it will be even more costly to them, because of all the extra work.

I'm sure they understand all this, and this (+ reviews/history, web.com is the parent etc.) makes me really really suspicious.

Why would they do this, taking all this expense and unnecessarily work, unless there is something "hidden"?

yeah.. they've played and play tricks on people all the time.. so I don't think anhyone here would be suprised if there would be some sort of "complications" following this. no one knows what kind.. how serious or not serious etc.. but question remains.. is it worth the risk. still pondering this. I don't mind for some domains I'd not care much to renew anyway.. getting 1 extra year out of them is still great for free.... but its the ones I do want to renew I'm concerned about moving there.

one thing we do know is that they were fully aware of promo, and could have stopped it any time, its like a 10 second programming job for their techs to disable code. cause many np members called etc.. so they knew. but.. they did not stop it.

and well.. kinda obvious that not stoping it created them hassles (blocked accnts, extra charges, refunding them etc)... and like you say, not stopping it may cause them more hasles in future, extra work come transffer time etc.

so either they are all just so silly chaotic careless company that does not care about anything.. including losing money, putting their csrs through hell.. now and later.. or...... they have a plan.. someone said namejeting all the new domains that will not get renewed .. I dunno maybe that's part of plan

oh well.. apparently they say some tomorrow.
but with ns dates and promises mean nothing. so personally I don't really expect any global accnt actions to be taken at all.. imo they'll just handle each case if when they call.. and if people don't call their accnts just remain as they are... domains pending transfer til it all gets past deadlines and expires etc...

Last edited:
•••
Got my enom and name.com transfer last night like most of you.

I still have dotster and 5 dynadot names "In Progress".

There is no active step for me to take at this point, right? Thanks.

•••
Got my enom and name.com transfer last night like most of you.

I still have dotster and 5 dynadot names "In Progress".

There is no active step for me to take at this point, right? Thanks.

Nope.

•••

IF you can transfer out. If you can't, you have to renew with them.

https://proadinsight.com/1-reason-not-register-domain-name-network-solutions/
All you need to transfer a domain name is an authorization code. Most companies will give you access to this code from their user interface. You don’t even have to “request it”. Not with Network Solutions. You have to jump through hoops to even request a transfer code. While jumping through those hoops – you will be bombarded with “Wait, before you go” and warning messages about being responsible for whatever happens when you transfer the domain name (nothing happens, all your settings stay the same so this process is seamless to your existing website). When you finally get to the part where you check the box to unlock the domain registration lock (a step that has to be done before you can request a code) – you will also have to check another box requesting the authorization code (something you already clicked on when you started this process).

After you bypass the warnings and offers to save money by staying with them, and you check the right boxes, and you hit submit – you would think you would get the authorization code to transfer the domain right? Wrong! Instead you get this:

“your request for an Auth Code has been received and your information will be validated to ensure the security of your account. If your request is approved, you will receive your Auth Code by email in 3 days.”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-solutions-domain-transfer-bloody-horror-show

ICANN allows a maximum of 5 days for EPP code release but anything other than an instant EPP code is just plain bad policy in my opinion. I get that it’s probably some sort of retention tactic because business clients who are busy would probably rather just pay the NS’ annual renewal fee rather than jump through hoops, but this is just frustrating to anyone who wants to transfer a name expeditiously. In our case the domain had expired and the three days, simply stated, hurts the customer and the SERP associated with the website.

Logically I thought, well why not call them? So I picked up the phone and gave them a call. I was verified, on a short hold and told that the domain has expired and cannot be transferred out. I was also told that I would be forced to renew the domain in order to transfer it. I informed the representative that this was not ICANN policy and that while the domain was in the first expiry state (still available to be renewed) that domain transfer was allowed. Over and over I was met with resistance being told that I was incorrect

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back