IT.COM

news Frank Schilling Sells Uniregistry (UNR) and leaves the industry

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Domain investor and entrepreneur, Frank Schilling, has exited the domain industry officially, after more than two decades in the game./
Frank Schilling built a virtual empire consisting of an impressive domain portfolio, several management companies, a registrar and a registry. That last piece of the puzzle has now been reported as sold, with Tucows being the buyer of Uni Naming & Registry (UNR) and its remaining staff.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Made a name for himself investing in domains, I’m sure it’s made him a wealthy guy, fair play to him and wish him all the best in the next chapter of his life.

•••
Great story, great guy, wow, what a success. Good luck with his future endeavors. Best to him. Thats awesome. :)

•••
never met frank but was followed by him on socialmedia and had a brief phone call from him a few years ago but as i am a big fan of new gtlds and have owned many new gtld extensions over the years and for frank to have owned one of the best .com portfolios built up over decades and him be a big fan of gtlds too i gained much insight in the domain name industry from hearing him speak about his understanding of the domain name industry etc

a loss to the domain name industry

i never owned a

.car

or

.cars

new gtld not because i didnt want to but because they were far too expensive to buy and renew etc hopefully now the prices of these new gtlds will become more affordable etc

•••
The writing was on the wall.

Have a great life, Frank. Still Domain legend even if the ngtld venture didnt work out.

Remember com king! Good luck, Tucows lol

Samer

•••
Just a note,

The end result of any succesful business is a successful exit.

•••
Just a note,

The end result of any succesful business is a successful exit.
Frank's a legend.
And a good guy.
Power to him.

•••
I made an offer on one of his names a few days ago and got no response, it seems that the new seller is not ready for the new pricing of the portfolio.

•••
I made an offer on one of his names a few days ago and got no response, it seems that the new seller is not ready for the new pricing of the portfolio.
Lol. Tucows.

I keep forgetting about them.

Who does business with them?

They also own Hover, i believe. Wish said cost
bet was under half and covered to help Frank

(Selling for 50% loss happens: Yahoo/Aol etc

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Back