Dynadot

news It’s HUGE: Frank Schilling’s new asset exceeds all human dimensions!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Foxtrot Mod Team

Moderator, NamePros
Impact
Domain investor and entrepreneur, Frank Schilling, has always projected a bigger than human persona. In the days of ancient Greece, he would have been a demigod or hero, like Theseus or Jason, or a warrior like Achilles.
After selling his domain empire to GoDaddy for a ungodly amount of reportedly $100 million dollars, Frank Schilling has plenty of time to enjoy life.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Real estate is pretty much guaranteed. You can buy most properties and with enough patience get a good profit.
The same guarantee does not happen with domains.
"Domains have and will continue to go up in value faster than any other commodity ever known to man” Bill Gates

•••
"Domains have and will continue to go up in value faster than any other commodity ever known to man” Bill Gates
Everyone knows the value of a house. Not everyone knows the value of a domain.

•••
Everyone knows the value of a house. Not everyone knows the value of a domain.
They are different animals for sure, but both have value. Good domains are like houses in a nice area and sell well.

•••
They are different animals for sure, but both have value. Good domains are like houses in a nice area and sell well.
That’s the thing. Any house will appreciate in value. Even if it’s in a bad area.
Bad domains never will.

•••
Real estate is pretty much guaranteed. You can buy most properties and with enough patience get a good profit.
The same guarantee does not happen with domains.
It is not guaranteed.

Look at all the people who bought during the pandemic? What's happening now... the prices are plummeting and probably won't be back to the price they bought at until decades from now.

Real estate is very risky tbh. Just look on zillow at any house and look at sale history, it goes up and down and by not very large margins. So you're waiting a long time while also not making much.

•••
That’s the thing. Any house will appreciate in value. Even if it’s in a bad area.
Bad domains never will.
I agree. You break even if domains are bad. If good then yeah much better

•••
It is not guaranteed.

Look at all the people who bought during the pandemic? What's happening now... the prices are plummeting and probably won't be back to the price they bought at until decades from now.

Real estate is very risky tbh. Just look on zillow at any house and look at sale history, it goes up and down and by not very large margins. So you're waiting a long time while also not making much.
It's good to buy low and sell high.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats to the King ... Going from non tangible to tangible goods... they both pay well..

•••
It is not guaranteed.

In investing/business nothing is guaranteed...

That's only if you bought during the pandemic. There's been a slight downturn after but prices are rising yet again and I think a 10% appreciation/year isn't out of the ordinary and that's a conservative estimate, if you bought wisely. I don't see this trend in domain sales.

Long term, real estate has been proven not to be risky at all... if you put in the time and effort to look into what's wise to invest in.

Now if you invest in property that's actually self sufficient, the numbers are getting even more interesting.

•••
Long term, real estate has been proven not to be risky at all...

... this year, some public & co pension funds allocate nice % from the "stable" real estate sector to Alt, Cyber & Space ...

Regards

•••
In investing/business nothing is guaranteed...

That's only if you bought during the pandemic. There's been a slight downturn after but prices are rising yet again and I think a 10% appreciation/year isn't out of the ordinary and that's a conservative estimate, if you bought wisely. I don't see this trend in domain sales.

Long term, real estate has been proven not to be risky at all... if you put in the time and effort to look into what's wise to invest in.

Now if you invest in property that's actually self sufficient, the numbers are getting even more interesting.

Real estate is risky. Property taxes are probably $5k for a 200k house. There's also the utilities amounting to 300 and general maintenance per year... $1300 per year. $6.3k per year just to own real estate passively.

Average appreciation is 4% yearly.

The margin is little and can be negative if unforeseen expenses come up.

•••
Real estate is risky. Property taxes are probably $5k for a 200k house. There's also the utilities amounting to 300 and general maintenance per year... $1300 per year. $6.3k per year just to own real estate passively.

Ok, we're not going to agree on this one I guess :)

•••
Ok, we're not going to agree on this one I guess
I have no exp in real estate lol, but like everytime i hear people tell me it's the easiest/best investment... i keep tryin to do the math and looking it up... and it never adds up to me lol.

Maybe one day if i become successful and have enough disposable income to buy real estate i'll just randomly buy a house that i think might appreciate... and then just let it sit there... idk.

but tbh,if i had 200k in cash, i'd buy domains with it.

•••

The most generational wealth is created by Real Estate.

Dont have a rent-payer’s mentality.

Last edited:
•••
The most generational wealth is created by Real Estate.

Dont have a rent-payer’s mentality.

That's a misunderstanding isn't it?

Just because generational wealth bloodlines own real estate doesn't = how they attained generational wealth.

•••
That's a misunderstanding isn't it?

Just because generational wealth bloodlines own real estate doesn't = how they attained generational wealth.
I see what you did there!
FWIW, most wealth is lost after several generations.
“It is estimated that 70% of wealthy families will lose their wealth by the second generation and 90% will lose it by the third. There’re a variety of reasons why this happens:
  • They are taught not to talk about money
  • The prior generations worry that the next generation will become lazy and entitled
  • Many have no clue about the value of money or how to handle it.
I’ll end positive; “Correlation does not mean causation.”
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/generational-wealth:-why-do-70-of-families-lose-their-wealth-in-the-2nd-generation-2018-10

Last edited:
•••
I see what you did there!
FWIW, most wealth is lost after several generations.

I’ll end positive; “Correlation does not mean causation.”
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/generational-wealth:-why-do-70-of-families-lose-their-wealth-in-the-2nd-generation-2018-10
Honestly your second quote should be more quoted

People keep saying 70%of lottery winners end up bankrupt and keep quoting that but they don't realize thar it's just part of the original wealth statistics that most millionaires lose their millions regardless of whether they won it via lottery or earned it.

•••
So now Rich Schwarz needs to get an even more bad ass statue!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back