Dynadot

news It’s HUGE: Frank Schilling’s new asset exceeds all human dimensions!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Foxtrot Mod Team

Moderator, NamePros
Impact
Domain investor and entrepreneur, Frank Schilling, has always projected a bigger than human persona. In the days of ancient Greece, he would have been a demigod or hero, like Theseus or Jason, or a warrior like Achilles.
After selling his domain empire to GoDaddy for a ungodly amount of reportedly $100 million dollars, Frank Schilling has plenty of time to enjoy life.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Link is not working. Pl update

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
lmao dinosaurs are fake and he spent $400k on one.

Tbh there is a chance he knows that. Not going to underestimate him.

•••
Why leave domaining for real estate?
Reza did the same thing.

I don't get it. Domaining has a far larger multiplier than real estate... unless we're all missing something
i guess aiming for a substantial yielding income through real estate.

•••
Reza did the same thing.

I don't get it. Domaining has a far larger multiplier than real estate... unless we're all missing something

It's not about buying low and selling high, it's about the yield. Domain parking is pretty much dead while real estate rentals are very much alive. Plus it's significantly easier to leave for the kids and be sure they know what to do with it. At a certain age it starts to really matter.

Last edited:
•••
It's not about buying low and selling high, it's about the yield. Domain parking is pretty much dead while real estate rentals are very much alive. Plus it's significantly easier to leave for the kids and be sure they know what to do with it. At a certain age it starts to really matter.
A real estate development requiring complex upkeep with more risk of devaluation.... is easier than leaving your kids with a portfolio of like 1000 domains at 1 registrar with a login password?

•••

Last edited:
•••
A real estate development requiring complex upkeep with more risk of devaluation.... is easier than leaving your kids with a portfolio of like 1000 domains at 1 registrar with a login password?
Yes. low risk, liquid, real world value. Zero knowledge needed as you can easily find people to run/manage/sell a real estate portfolio.

•••
Yes. low risk, liquid, real world value. Zero knowledge needed as you can easily find people to run/manage/sell a real estate portfolio.
How is real estate low risk?

•••
How is real estate low risk?

You can easily estimate/calculate market value and intrinsic value. Run the numbers, then think about what level of risk you are willing to take with your investment.

•••
But that's not what he's doing. He's got a resort with hotels and shops. That involves multiple risks that are pretty high.

There's constant upkeep with demand forecasting and etc etc.

Even if you were talking about buying land and hodling... that's also risky depending on when you buy the land and if it even appreciates. Although, generally, it does appreciate but very slowly and over time.

Meanwhile, domains... you just acquire them, then pay a nominal yearly fee..... very low risk unless domains in general stop being used.

As long as he buys liquid domains for lower than the liquid rate... like 3Ls and dictionary words... there's much less risk imho, much less upkeep.

Him leaving domaining along with the founder of DAN just tells me that maybe htey know that domaining is starting to wind down.
You can easily estimate/calculate market value and intrinsic value. Run the numbers, then think about what level of risk you are willing to take with your investment.

•••
Is Frank Schilling the one that sold uniregistry to godaddy?

•••
I
Domain investor and entrepreneur, Frank Schilling, has always projected a bigger than human persona. In the days of ancient Greece, he would have been a demigod or hero, like Theseus or Jason, or a warrior like Achilles.
After selling his domain empire to GoDaddy for a ungodly amount of reportedly $100 million dollars, Frank Schilling has plenty of time to enjoy life.
Read More.
Read More.
I'm afraid not to reply haha monumental!

•••
But that's not what he's doing. He's got a resort with hotels and shops. That involves multiple risks that are pretty high.

There's constant upkeep with demand forecasting and etc etc.

Even if you were talking about buying land and hodling... that's also risky depending on when you buy the land and if it even appreciates. Although, generally, it does appreciate but very slowly and over time.

Meanwhile, domains... you just acquire them, then pay a nominal yearly fee..... very low risk unless domains in general stop being used.

As long as he buys liquid domains for lower than the liquid rate... like 3Ls and dictionary words... there's much less risk imho, much less upkeep.

Him leaving domaining along with the founder of DAN just tells me that maybe htey know that domaining is starting to wind down.

Which is smart, investing money in property and make it generate more money while its appreciating in value. Even if it doesn't appreciate, you should cover this possibility in your business plan, generated profit will cover future losses on the asset.

Investing is never risk free. Like domains, buy low, sell high. Do some due diligence. Real estate is generally considered to be low risk though, hence banks will easily give you a mortgage if you're good for it.

It's a bit of a higher risk with hotels etc, granted.

The downside with domains is, they're harder to find (below liquid value) and even if you do you might not sell them for your desired number for a long time, or at all.

Most people who come into a decent amount of funds invest in property. There's good reason for that.

•••
Which is smart, investing money in property and make it generate more money while its appreciating in value. Even if it doesn't appreciate, you should cover this possibility in your business plan, generated profit will cover future losses on the asset.

Investing is never risk free. Like domains, buy low, sell high. Do some due diligence. Real estate is generally considered to be low risk though, hence banks will easily give you a mortgage if you're good for it.

It's a bit of a higher risk with hotels etc, granted.

The downside with domains is, they're harder to find (below liquid value) and even if you do you might not sell them for your desired number for a long time, or at all.

Most people who come into a decent amount of funds invest in property. There's good reason for that.
What about the domainers with 27k+ domains tho... are they just being unsavvy?

•••
What about the domainers with 27k+ domains tho... are they just being unsavvy?

I don't think so. It's a choice. Invest in what you're comfortable with. There's plenty of money to be made, especially if you can scale up like that.

Diversifying your investments is always a good idea.

•••
I don't think so. It's a choice. Invest in what you're comfortable with. There's plenty of money to be made, especially if you can scale up like that.

Diversifying your investments is always a good idea.
Oh I didn't realize frank still had a domain portfolio and he just went into real estate as a diversification.

Dinosaur statue tho. I guess jurassic park hotels for the potential Hollywood revenue ^_^

•••
Oh I didn't realize frank still had a domain portfolio and he just went into real estate as a diversification.

In general I mean :)

As for Frank, I dunno. I can imagine he still owns a few.

•••
lmao dinosaurs are fake and he spent $400k on one.

Tbh there is a chance he knows that. Not going to underestimate him.

It's all a money laundering scheme. It's not like anything with Andy Warhols name was actually good

•••
Reza did the same thing.

Real estate is pretty much guaranteed. You can buy most properties and with enough patience get a good profit.
The same guarantee does not happen with domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back