Dynadot

discuss Found a startup with name HatupQ.com. Strange!

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hi..

I just happened to come across a startup which uses HatUpQ.com as their domain name.
The name doesn't even make sense considering that it is hard to remember and pronounce.

There are instances when we have seen such domain names being used by startups which actually add value.
Is it because of no awareness on the importance of a proper domain name?
Or is it because startup founders think that it is irrelevant to use a good name and the fact that product matters and not the name?

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HatupQ, as the name suggests, lets people skip the queue with the help of our organized services. As a result, this allows people to reduce unnecessary time and manpower.

I'm still scratching my head at how HatupQ means skip the queue. Even considering the part before the Q as a Hindi word, it appears to be breakable as Hat (move) up (???) Q (queue) :-/

•••
weird indeed, found this "HatupQ, as the name suggests, lets people skip the queue with the help of our organized services. As a result, this allows people to reduce unnecessary time and manpower."
Hat up = An older expression (circa 1950's) used to describe the action of leaving one's present location
Q meaning queue?

•••
•••
•••
As per the slang dict. 'Hat up' could either refer to 'moving quickly' or 'the act of leaving'.
They claim to provide a hassle-free alternative to getting licenses etc and bypass the time-consuming traditional processes.

I assume with the name 'HatUpQ', they were either trying to convey 'move fast & avoid the queue' or i guess they had made up their mind about having a Hat in their logo and needed a place to hang it ..Well why not!! 'Q' has the got the head for it!!

•••
Sometimes funny names receives great attention like this one .... see how our NP domain experts in the above comments trying to derive something out of this interesting name... The names like these makes people to think of it and get it register in no time in to minds of people and becomes brand later .

•••
short & easy to remember

•••
weird indeed, found this "HatupQ, as the name suggests, lets people skip the queue with the help of our organized services. As a result, this allows people to reduce unnecessary time and manpower."
Hat up = An older expression (circa 1950's) used to describe the action of leaving one's present location
Q meaning queue?

Even if it has an associated meaning, if people don't know about it, it is like a word with no meaning.

As per the slang dict. 'Hat up' could either refer to 'moving quickly' or 'the act of leaving'.
They claim to provide a hassle-free alternative to getting licenses etc and bypass the time-consuming traditional processes.

I assume with the name 'HatUpQ', they were either trying to convey 'move fast & avoid the queue' or i guess they had made up their mind about having a Hat in their logo and needed a place to hang it ..Well why not!! 'Q' has the got the head for it!!

Still a very tuff for anyone to remember.

•••
Sometimes funny names receives great attention like this one .... see how our NP domain experts in the above comments trying to derive something out of this interesting name... The names like these makes people to think of it and get it register in no time in to minds of people and becomes brand later .

I wouldn't agree on this. Even if we hear about it, if people can't remember it, it is almost a difficult name and not a good one.

short & easy to remember

How? Can you please explain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back