Dynadot

discuss For those who started in the last few years, how long did it take for you to move past hand-regging?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bigbagofbricks

Established Member
Impact
The advice on here seems to be that hand-regging good names isn't possible anymore and I'm beginning to see that.

Do most people start on handregs before finally going to drops?

Does that mean most of your domains cost like $50 or more?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I dont use drops very often at all. I usually find the name I want (its taken most of the time) and then I email the owner and bargain from there, provided the name is for sale that is

•••
I have a mix, both doing decent though,

•••
I still hand-reg names from the drops, e.g. decent LLNN or LNNN/NNNL coms.

•••
I would always suggest:

Try if possible to look around every nook and crannie There are gems, and crap around every corner :D

Proceed with caution you never know what twists or turns domaining has in store

Good luck everyone :D

•••
You can still hand reg. good keyword , geo names and do a quick flip. But that needs some research and expertise.

•••
It is still very possible to hand reg domains and sell them for triple what you have paid for them. I have done just that for 2 domains

•••
It is still very possible to hand reg domains and sell them for triple what you have paid for them. I have done just that for 2 domains

If you paid 9 bucks for a hand reg and sold it for triple that means your net was $18 so between 2 domains you earned a net in one year of $36

However, I doubt you would be able to home in on just those domains, you would have to buy many hand reg domains in order to hit a sale on a few, so what profit is left?

I suggest that the only handreg's people make are those that involve a brand new trend, and even then, be extra careful.

•••
I wouldn't suggest only hand registering. The 2 that I had sold were interesting domains. The one I registered for $9 and sold for $50 in a month. You are correct though, I would suggest sitting with a whole bunch of hand reg domains

•••
I started out buying names on NameJet (this was 3 years ago). Now i'm mainly focused on drops and private acquisitions.

•••
Really depends on what you consider a good name is.

Plenty of hand regs are available that can work as a strong, solid brand name, but it takes a lot of time to find them.

Now if your talking keyword domains, my guess is that it will be even harder to find good ones hand regging. But I do not do keyword domains much so I could be wrong.

•••
I handreg 2-3 names daily.I have an algo which fetches me couple of good brandables everyday.

Since drop happens midnight in my country,that has messed up with my sleeping pattern big time.

I started out buying names on NameJet (this was 3 years ago). Now i'm mainly focused on drops and private acquisitions.

What used to be your budget when you started with Namejet??

•••
The advice on here seems to be that hand-regging good names isn't possible anymore and I'm beginning to see that.

I have to assume you're talking about dot-com liquidity only, and not even taking into account the plethora of gTLD's out there now.

Quick turn-overs: use a bot
Long-term investments: use your noggin

•••
I handreg 2-3 names daily.I have an algo which fetches me couple of good brandables everyday.

Since drop happens midnight in my country,that has messed up with my sleeping pattern big time.

What used to be your budget when you started with Namejet??

I didn't had a set budget but I used to spend around $1,500 per month on acquisitions during the first year or so. I bought a lot of crap but also some really good names that I sold for a lot later down the road.

•••
I didn't had a set budget but I used to spend around $1,500 per month on acquisitions during the first year or so. I bought a lot of crap but also some really good names that I sold for a lot later down the road.
Kol HaKovod :xf.smile:

•••
I just bulk register and bulk buy all acronyms of extensions I like without any hesitation or emotion hindrance. Be bold and resolute in action is the way to be rich.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back