Dynadot

Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This thread was created to cater to a second discussion that evolved in another thread. To keep the original thread on topic, all off-topic posts have been moved here for continued discussion.

Before replying to this thread or any thread on NamePros, read:

Expectations for respect and constructiveness

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok sent a PM with link to flippa auctions. Thanks

I'll reply privately, unless you'd like to discuss here. Let me know...

•••
Why is it that I keep receiving auction update emails on several domains even after I've clicked unwatch? If I unwatch an auction, it means I am no longer interested.

•••
Interview with Kevin Fink

Kevin Fink came back for a second interview and delved into a wide variety of topics. From shill bids, to brokerage, to escrow and more. We hope you enjoy the interview and feel free to ask questions in the comments.

We are sitting down again with Kevin Fink to talk all things Flippa. The first interview was very well received and Flippa has only watched its profile in domain-only sales grow.

1) What do the first and second quarters look like sales wise vs last year ?

q1 2014 = 203k
q2 2014 = 557k
q1+q2 2014 = 760k

q1 2015 = 1.47m
q2 2015 = 1.61m
q1+q2 2015 = 3.08m

We began focusing on Domains in January of 2014, and as such it took a few months of configuring to help ramp things up. As you see from the comparisons, 2015 has been an entirely different story.

This past January we kicked off our in-house brokerage efforts. Ali Zandi, our flagship broker (who has since moved on to sprout his own endeavor) helped us develop an entirely new audience of domain sellers.

We made improvements to the platform all around. We tested free auction relists for domains, which we have since made standard. We improved marketplace integrity, added in-house Escrow and increased our overall reach with high-end buyers and sellers alike.

We did $2.15m in sales in all of 2014, and have since blown right past that in just the first two quarters of 2015, alone.

The domains unit had its best month ever just this past May, with over $800k in sales. Now with Domain Holdings a part of the Flippa family, the sky is the limit.

http://tldinvestors.com/2015/07/a-must-read-interview-with-kevin-fink-on-all-things-flippa.html#

•••
Why is it that I keep receiving auction update emails on several domains even after I've clicked unwatch? If I unwatch an auction, it means I am no longer interested.

That really shouldn't be happening. I take it you're not a bidder?

•••
That really shouldn't be happening. I take it you're not a bidder?
I am a bidder, but once the bidding goes beyond my budget, I don't want anymore notifications. There is no point.

•••
Is Flippa experiencing some server malfunction? It is loading very slow and sometimes I get 501 error.

•••
Not sure if someone already mention such a case here, but I just figured out,
one of the Flippa user who brought one of my domains in $x,xxx range, never paid for it, was suspended,
is now back with 100% positive feedback as nothing bad really happened before. I could not believe
my eyes so I asked and here is the Flippa responds:

"Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The user has been reinstated by the market integrity team on probation. They will monitor his actions from now on.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Natalie
Flippa Customer Success Team"

So I assume, the success Flippa goes quantity over the quality. Good job.

•••
one of the Flippa user who brought one of my domains in $x,xxx range, never paid for it, was suspended,
is now back with 100% positive feedback as nothing bad really happened before. I could not believe

"Hey there,

The user has been reinstated by the market integrity team on probation. They will monitor his actions from now on.

Cheers,

Natalie

Doesnt sound like "customer success" to me. Is Flippa going to force that person to fulfill their end of the contract and make payment now?

•••
Doesnt sound like "customer success" to me. Is Flippa going to force that person to fulfill their end of the contract and make payment now?
No, case closed, and he is back in the business with not even a bad reputation, so he can do the same to anyone else. Obviously you don't need to play by the rules at Flippa, you'll be forgiven.

•••
No, case closed, and he is back in the business with not even a bad reputation, so he can do the same to anyone else. Obviously you don't need to play by the rules at Flippa, you'll be forgiven.

Well, this is the reason I stopped listing and selling at Sedo. Same thing happened (though they never actually banned the deadbeat buyer) and so I removed 500 names then next day after my sale was never honored. Had thought Flippa was better than that.

•••

"Hey there,

Cheers,

Natalie

Well, this is the reason I stopped listing and selling at Sedo. Same thing happened (though they never actually banned the deadbeat buyer) and so I removed 500 names then next day after my sale was never honored. Had thought Flippa was better than that.

Before you jump to conclusions, can you please reference me the Auction URL or Customer Success Ticket Number (you may do so publicly or privately) so I can look into this for you? Would like to learn more about the specifics so I can shed some light...

•••
Before you jump to conclusions, can you please reference me the Auction URL or Customer Success Ticket Number (you may do so publicly or privately) so I can look into this for you? Would like to learn more about the specifics so I can shed some light...

PM sent

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing and allowing me to look into it.

Apparently, it was an accidental 'Accept' click of your offer on the app. These kinds of situations can be frustrating, but thankfully, don't happen very often. For instance, in July we only saw $2,500 worth of sales reverse across the entire marketplace. Accidental triggers are even rarer.

Marketplace Integrity gave this guy a very stern warning and an even shorter leash (probation).

•••
Thanks for sharing and allowing me to look into it.

Apparently, it was an accidental 'Accept' click of your offer on the app. These kinds of situations can be frustrating, but thankfully, don't happen very often. For instance, in July we only saw $2,500 worth of sales reverse across the entire marketplace. Accidental triggers are even rarer.

Marketplace Integrity gave this guy a very stern warning and an even shorter leash (probation).

Dear Flippa Admin,

1. You have to do multiple clicks to accept an offer.
2. Even if I could accept an offer by one-click, I would contact the seller and Flippa customer care about
my mistake immediately, not after a time when the seller open an escrow case.

So I don't buy your / death meat buyer's story, sorry.
I spent $x,xxx for listing fees @ Flippa this year, but now I can't take Flippa seriously.

How many of sellers in my skin who got a little of satisfaction seeing such a buyers get suspended, figured out that these buyers has been reinstated?

•••
Seller doesn't get anything when buyer ends up being a deadbeat. total waste of time for the seller

@FlippaDomains
So the buyer got away and no negative trade rating?

Does it at least say in buyer profile under probation or Something to warn other sellers?

•••

Dear Flippa Admin,

1. You have to do multiple clicks to accept an offer.
2. Even if I could accept an offer by one-click, I would contact the seller and Flippa customer care about
my mistake immediately, not after a time when the seller open an escrow case.

So I don't buy your / death meat buyer's story, sorry.
I spent $x,xxx for listing fees @ Flippa this year, but now I can't take Flippa seriously.

How many of sellers in my skin who got a little of satisfaction seeing such a buyers get suspended, figured out that these buyers has been reinstated?

Seller doesn't get anything when buyer ends up being a deadbeat. total waste of time for the seller

@FlippaDomains
So the buyer got away and no negative trade rating?

Does it at least say in buyer profile under probation or Something to warn other sellers?

@eurorealtor Your listing/upgrade fees should have been refunded in full. Were they? No matter, I've re-applied the cost of a premium upgrade to your account regardless.

I agree with you that the seller should have contacted us stating that it was a mistake, but he contacted you instead. For anyone reading this, if this happens to you, contact [email protected] immediately and reference the SCA (Sales Completion Area) so we can seek quick rectification.

@silentg Yes, it should say he is on probation.

If there are any lingering questions, please message our help line and ask for Marketplace Integrity. They can better outline the processes in place that they use (warning, suspend, probation, ban).

•••
@eurorealtor Your listing/upgrade fees should have been refunded in full. Were they? No matter, I've re-applied the cost of a premium upgrade to your account regardless.

I agree with you that the seller should have contacted us stating that it was a mistake, but he contacted you instead. For anyone reading this, if this happens to you, contact [email protected] immediately and reference the SCA (Sales Completion Area) so we can seek quick rectification.

@silentg Yes, it should say he is on probation.

If there are any lingering questions, please message our help line and ask for Marketplace Integrity. They can better outline the processes in place that they use (warning, suspend, probation, ban).

Thank you.

•••
Flippa upgrade fees gone up again?

Looks like its $99 now for homepage feature instead of $59.

And a complete revamp of site!!! Not certain how this will go for exposure for sellers. Seems geared heavy towards editors choice and brokered domains.

i am certain a lot of thought went into this design, i am confident it will create an immediate positive impact on flippas business.

Last edited:
•••
The spam you get from barely interacting with Flippa is maddening. I have since then unchecked all the "email me" options, but I still get the odd email from them and they cannot close accounts... beware of the spam when dealing with Flippa.

•••
The spam you get from barely interacting with Flippa is maddening. I have since then unchecked all the "email me" options, but I still get the odd email from them and they cannot close accounts... beware of the spam when dealing with Flippa.

We can close any and all accounts; what do you need?

•••
Ehhhh I saw this question answered in the Flippa help center:

How Can I Delete my Flippa Account?
Ophelie_Small.jpg

Ophelie
November 17, 2013 19:18

We understand that some buyers and sellers may no longer need to be an active member of Flippa.

For data integrity reasons, we are unable to permanently delete accounts. If you prefer not to receive email notifications about Flippa, you can do so in your user dashboard, under Change Account Settings > Email Preferences.

So yeah I really thought you couldn't close it. I'll PM you my Flippa username, but at the same time you should revise the help center if you guys are able to close accounts.

Link to the help center: https://support.flippa.com/hc/en-us/articles/202469904-How-Can-I-Delete-my-Flippa-Account-

•••
•••

I have closed your account.

Anyone else getting too many emails, these are all toggle-able within your Flippa account -- you can remove yourself from any and all communication channels at any time.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back