NameSilo

Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This thread was created to cater to a second discussion that evolved in another thread. To keep the original thread on topic, all off-topic posts have been moved here for continued discussion.

Before replying to this thread or any thread on NamePros, read:

Expectations for respect and constructiveness

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have a question concerning the premium auctions. I saw a lot of premium auctions of LLLL.coms for example that end at like $300. from what I see it costs $245 so why would these people let their LLLL.com go for not even $30? They obviously don't but what am I missing there? random examples: https://flippa.com/4813225-zmyb-com-no-reserve-8yr-aged-domain-rare-huge-potential-brandable, https://flippa.com/4750283-jgox-com...x-com-guitarvendors-indianarrowheads-tierloan

Correct, I too wanted to raise this issue since long but kept forgetting about it.
thx @Galleshem for bringing it up.

@FlippaDomains Kevin, it is perfect common sense. When you have already charged someone $350/$250 for a premium listing, you SHOULD NOT charge them again the 10% if the sale price happens to be inadequate.

Best ethical business practice would be to say "We, at Flippa, are not predators and we will not charge you the 10% sale fee, if your premium listed domains end under $3500 / $2500 since we have already received 10% from you." (A)

But, since I highly doubt Flippa owners would allow that, you guys, IN THE VERY LEAST, can say, "We, at Flippa, are not predators and we will not charge you the 10% sale fee, if your premium listed domains end under $350 / $250 since we have already received more than 100% from you. For sales exceeding $350/$250, we will only charge you 10% on the difference from $350/$250. If your premium listed domain ($350) sells for $500, we will only charge you 10% of (500-350) towards a sale." (B)

Which one, A or B, you pick is upto you but picking A would be most ethical and the Flippa platform will become a champion to all domainers, sort of Google to the masses.

Last edited:
•••
Correct, I too wanted to raise this issue since long but kept forgetting about it.
thx @Galleshem for bringing it up.

@FlippaDomains Kevin, it is perfect common sense. When you have already charged someone $350/$250 for a premium listing, you SHOULD NOT charge them again the 10% if the sale price happens to be inadequate.

Best ethical business practice would be to say "We, at Flippa, are not predators and we will not charge you the 10% sale fee, if your premium listed domains end under $3500 / $2500 since we have already received 10% from you." (A)

But, since I highly doubt Flippa owners would allow that, you guys, IN THE VERY LEAST, can say, "We, at Flippa, are not predators and we will not charge you the 10% sale fee, if your premium listed domains end under $350 / $250 since we have already received more than 100% from you. For sales exceeding $350/$250, we will only charge you 10% on the difference from $350/$250. If your premium listed domain ($350) sells for $500, we will only charge you 10% of (500-350) towards a sale." (B)

Which one, A or B, you pick is upto you but picking A would be most ethical and the Flippa platform will become a champion to all domainers, sort of Google to the masses.
I totally agree with you and I think you gave good solution ideas but I don't think you understood my point. I didn't mean to whine about the fees but just to understand how is it possible that this guy who opened the auctions I linked let it go for so low assuming that it should cost $250 for a premium listing. As I said, he obviously didn't pay $250, he wouldn't sell his LLLLs for $10 profit, the question is why, how is he doing it? Do you get free premium auctions or promotions when you're super seller or something? Also, I sent a mail to [email protected] about another issue as this guy always say they're responding within a few hours but I think it's like 24H I didn't get a reply :x

•••
Have a question concerning the premium auctions. I saw a lot of premium auctions of LLLL.coms for example that end at like $300. from what I see it costs $245 so why would these people let their LLLL.com go for not even $30? They obviously don't but what am I missing there? random examples: https://flippa.com/4813225-zmyb-com-no-reserve-8yr-aged-domain-rare-huge-potential-brandable, https://flippa.com/4750283-jgox-com...x-com-guitarvendors-indianarrowheads-tierloan

This seller in particular had some technical / admin issues that we fixed and provided him complimentary upgrades in doing so. He then understood it was better to group the LLLL's into lots which he subsequently sold as such.

I totally agree with you and I think you gave good solution ideas but I don't think you understood my point. I didn't mean to whine about the fees but just to understand how is it possible that this guy who opened the auctions I linked let it go for so low assuming that it should cost $250 for a premium listing. As I said, he obviously didn't pay $250, he wouldn't sell his LLLLs for $10 profit, the question is why, how is he doing it? Do you get free premium auctions or promotions when you're super seller or something? Also, I sent a mail to [email protected] about another issue as this guy always say they're responding within a few hours but I think it's like 24H I didn't get a reply :x

What is your Support ticket # / ID?

•••
@GoWebnames.com I understand and appreciate your feedback. We are picking apart the status of our upgrades at moment and I will pass along your feedback to the product team who will be making decisions on future changes.

•••
@GoWebnames.com I understand and appreciate your feedback. We are picking apart the status of our upgrades at moment and I will pass along your feedback to the product team who will be making decisions on future changes.
#213561, much more than 24 hours now and still no answer..

•••
More than 2 days and still no answer. What's up?

•••
More than 2 days and still no answer. What's up?

I'm on it.

You sent it at 5.40p on a Friday, which is roughly the start of the weekend for the U.S. team. I had already quarantined your ticket because I was seeking an answer, myself, as I'm not sure the best way to assist with your query yet. We'll talk tomorrow for sure.

•••

Do work on it Kevin. Asking someone again 10% who has paid you already more than 100% of his sale if it happens under $350/$250, is not really a good idea. You can forego that extra $30/$20 dollars, it looks ethical, helps you guys with image building, benefits the domainers. You guys give $250 credits for free as well quite a few times, so you guys can completely do this. If I was managing Flippa, I hadn't think about it twice.

•••
I'm on it.

You sent it at 5.40p on a Friday, which is roughly the start of the weekend for the U.S. team. I had already quarantined your ticket because I was seeking an answer, myself, as I'm not sure the best way to assist with your query yet. We'll talk tomorrow for sure.
Nice, thanks. Didn't take in consideration that i sent my mail just before the week-end.

•••
Nice, thanks. Didn't take in consideration that i sent my mail just before the week-end.

We're helping you now; will discuss off thread. Thanks for your patience.

•••
I created a support ticket regarding their promotion and got a response on monday. And I replied to a support ticket on Monday and now it's Friday and no response. I even replied to the same support ticket that I was waiting for a reply and no response. Is it the end of Flippa's quick support?

•••
Can you send me the Ticket ID please?

•••
Anyone else notice a large decrease in bids and views on their listings lately?

I ran two premium auctions lately, one sold for low $xxx (should have been far higher IMO) the other didn't sell, haven't listed anything new since nor have I bought any upgrades. I have been monitoring the action on others listings and don't see much going on at least not like last year this time.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Flippa verification is so hard..
flippppaa.png

•••
•••
I'm working on an experimental way to alleviate this, but ultimately, due to our high standards of security and marketplace integrity, here are the (currently only) ways you can verify domains for upload on Flippa:

1/ Ensure your domains are publicly crawl-able via WhoIs -- Provided your email address is accessible, most sellers receive a notification that their domains have been auto-verified and uploaded.

2/ Should you receive an email that suggests one/some/many/all were not able to be verified, you are urged to utilize one of the following methods to address this:
a) Insert a TXT file into your domain via your registrar
b) Un-privatize your domain and re-collect the WhoIs information in your "Pending Verification" section of your Flippa Portfolio
c) *Hopefully Forthcoming* ~ You set your domain's NameServers to NS1.Flippa.com + NS2.Flippa.com and have the system auto-verify that way. As a bonus, once your domains go live, they will automatically populate and point to the complimentary Domain Sales Page, which we have recently found to be a major reason so many non-auction domains are selling.

3/ Aside from this NameServer option which like I said I believe is forthcoming, there is an experimental idea that we are working on. It involves being able to upload ALL unverifiable inventory (which, aside from Privatized domains, may include ccTLDs and new gTLDs that are un-crawlable by WhoIs).

Basically, you would submit your inventory as per usual, but those that were unverified would be managed by a Flippa Account Representative. These unverified domains would be visible on the platform, but should a lead come forward (offer, message, Buy/Now trigger), it would go directly to our team.

Our team would in turn properly vet and verify a) the seller (making sure it is indeed you!), b) the asset (making sure you indeed own it!) and c) the buyer - and in a perfect world, a sale would materialize. This is in pre-BETA and if anyone is interested in utilizing this, they are invited to get in touch with us.

cc @Shane Bellone cc @RU

•••
•••
Do I understand correctly that if in my portfolio listing (not in auctions) I add a Buy Now price and the client hits it, the domain is not considered "sold" automatically, and the client does not pay yet. Instead, BIN is treated as an offer, which I have the chance to accept or reject?

Because it says: By setting a Buy It Now price, you understand that if a Buy It Now bid is received, you have 72 hours to accept or reject that bid. On accepting the bid, your auction will automatically be declared as having a winner and you are obliged to follow through with the transaction.

•••
i removed all my domains from flippa

•••
I'm finding absolutely no views on standard domain auctions, a premium two word domain has 3 THREE views after being active over a week or so. I got down the to last day on another auction and it had about 9 views! The upgrades are too expensive to just gamble, I would be at a loss on every domain I think.

•••
I'm finding absolutely no views on standard domain auctions, a premium two word domain has 3 THREE views after being active over a week or so. I got down the to last day on another auction and it had about 9 views! The upgrades are too expensive to just gamble, I would be at a loss on every domain I think.
Can you share your domain name?

•••
•••
Who the hell owns that god-foresaken domain yvun.com that NEVER SELLS? Gosh, just removed it from my watchlist. i must have deleted at least 20 flippa emails about that domain.

•••
Not sure if others have been experiencing the same issues but since flippa launched their new design it seems they have been selling far less domain names.

On average I was selling 3-4 domains per month, I have only been selling 0-1 per month now and auctions seem to be getting very little views and hardly any bidders even with premium upgrades.

Still seems that brokered domains and editors choice are the only ones getting exposure. I've had three auctions which were premium upgrades which this time last year would have sold for high $xxx-$xxxx. My three didn't even pass low reserve and only had a couple bidders. I was getting approximately 2500 views and 50+ watchers on a listing with old design. Now with premium I'm lucky to break 1500 views and 30 watchers.

Basically my last three premium listings didn't sell and so I'm out the $750 in upgrade costs.

Last edited:
•••
I was checking sales data on other extensions of a domain I have registered on Namebio, when the .info came up. Out of curiosity I visited the site, which the domain owner has creatively converted into a platform to:

1) Address a grievance he has with Flippa over suspending his account (wrongfully it seems)
2) Prove to Flippa that the domain did indeed transfer to him.

Check it out yourselves HERE.

Having only recently returned to the very satisfying world of domaining, I have been a bit . . . well . . . iffy about going back to Flippa. I've sold one domain through them in the past, and have listed a couple of sites, but I had a negative experience as a buyer there - I bought a domain + site (a logo design site) and was scammed by the seller, and received less than adequate assistance and no reimbursement from Flippa.

The point of this is two-fold - firstly to share "Erick"s innovative solution to inadequate service, and secondly to ask your own opinions of Flippa, and maybe share some of your own experiences.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back