IT.COM

various Flippa reports weekly Domain Sales led by HotDog.com at $150,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Flippa has just sent in their weekly sales report. HotDog.com was the highest reported domain name sale at $150,000.

Here are the sales :

HotDog.com - $150,000

Cloud.io - $45,000

EnglishLanguage.com - $14,999

Kennebunkport.com - $7,000

Portfolio of 101 Domain Names - $6,888

Susy.com - $6,001

Broker.io - $6,000

Tunez.com - $5,999

Handcuffed.com - $5,555

Daring.com - $3,500

Toat.com - $3,500

Innovate.org - $3,495

Bot.io - $3,100

CareerAdvisors.com - $3,052

CyberSquatter.com - $3,000

Dayy.com - $3,000

DroneGear.com - $1,995

TradeReview.com - $1,500

Koco.in - $1,500

ClubsTech.com - $1,350

Portfolio of 9 LLLL .COMs - $1,300

TeachPal.com - $1,249

Intannya.com - $1,200

Declares.com - $1,150

DGL.net - $1,105

VRMagazine.com - $1,100

EBM.net - $1,065

OrganicIngredients.com - $1,060

Divested.com - $1,050

e.et - $1,050

FashionablyLate.com - $1,050

Helicams.com - $1,002

Seashells.net - $1,000

Removably.com - $1,000

ComedyHouse.com - $1,000

Rezekinya.com - $1,000

Haul.it - $850

TryV.com - $799

Internet.ly - $770

EditPhotosOnline.com - $650

Lone.ly - $605

Retail.to - $555

RPNN.com - $510

Takeoff.io - $505

Schnapps.net - $505

iPackages.com - $470

Trainee.io - $450

UFIV.com - $425

UsedBoards.com - $400

Beds.to - $350

Source: Flippa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seashells.net - $1,000 that is a nice sale for a mediocre .net domain

•••
I'm disappointed HotDog.com didn't come with Mustard.com, Chili.com and Onions.com.

•••
I wonder if Flippa employees participated as bidders in any of these auctions. It would be nice to know that. Then we would be more able to discern which auction "sales" results are purely from bids placed by bidders who are NOT employees of Flippa. Then we would be educated. Do you get the idea that some here prefer to keep us ignorant about this sort of thing?

•••
I wonder if Flippa employees participated as bidders in any of these auctions. It would be nice to know that. Then we would be more able to discern which auction "sales" results are purely from bids placed by bidders who are NOT employees of Flippa. Then we would be educated. Do you get the idea that some here prefer to keep us ignorant about this sort of thing?

Is this seriously all you contribute?

•••

Post #4 > Post #5 in terms of quality and word count, no? :)

It's a friendly way of calling bull5hit on some of these sales as well as pointing out that @FlippaDomains has a poor history

It gets old to keep repeating but at the same time it gets old how often these lists are thrown up without any real investigation into whether they are real or not.

Not a too terribly old link:
http://domainnamewire.com/2015/01/26/buying-bids-at-flippa/

Maybe Flippa should have a blog post addressing the concerns raised by historical shenanigans as well as employees being able to bid (without being identified) That should fix it, no?

But why can't bidders be flagged with "Employee". They already have people tagged as Supersellers, no?

Its a simple fix. Should take them about 5 minutes to code and save Heynow a lot of posting and you from yet another one line response in this forum :)

•••
Post #4 > Post #5 in terms of quality and word count, no? :)

It's a friendly way of calling bull5hit on some of these sales as well as pointing out that @FlippaDomains has a poor history

It gets old to keep repeating but at the same time it gets old how often these lists are thrown up without any real investigation into whether they are real or not.

Not a too terribly old link:
http://domainnamewire.com/2015/01/26/buying-bids-at-flippa/

Maybe Flippa should have a blog post addressing the concerns raised by historical shenanigans as well as employees being able to bid (without being identified) That should fix it, no?

But why can't bidders be flagged with "Employee". They already have people tagged as Supersellers, no?

Its a simple fix. Should take them about 5 minutes to code and save Heynow a lot of posting and you from yet another one line response in this forum :)

A shill bidding website, in your mind, translates to Flippa employees bidding? Brilliant deduction.

•••
A shill bidding website, in your mind, translates to Flippa employees bidding? Brilliant deduction.

Let me try to respond to the gibberish.

I didn't equate employee bidding to shill bidding at any point in my post (didn't even use the word shill) . I will assume that your stating "brilliant deduction" was some form of sarcasm rather than a compliment but thanks anyway.

It seems you like to employ the one-line non-sequitur as a form of strategy to avoid actually saying anything almost as much as I like to use rhetorical questions, no?

•••

If you participated in an auction as a bidder, won the bid, then later discovered 4 employees of the auctioneer or auction platform were bidding against you, my common sense tells me you would wonder if you paid far above what you should have for that domain.

My common sense tells me that if Flippa was losing money allowing Flippa employees to bid at Flippa auctions, the policy would be terminated in about 15 minutes. The fact that the policy is allowed to continue, despite lots of raised eyebrows in the domain community, leads me to believe money is being made or saved with that policy in place, at the expense of the clueless, outside bidders. IMHO, to think otherwise is sticking one's head in the sand, like an ostrich.

•••
Let me try to respond to the gibberish.

I didn't equate employee bidding to shill bidding at any point in my post (didn't even use the word shill) . I will assume that your stating "brilliant deduction" was some form of sarcasm rather than a compliment but thanks anyway.

It seems you like to employ the one-line non-sequitur as a form of strategy to avoid actually saying anything almost as much as I like to use rhetorical questions, no?
Here's the thing...companies will do whatever it takes to make the most profits possible, even if operations aren't ethical.

Godaddy just terminated my auctions account. Why? Because they auctioned off domains they didn't own, I contacted the registrant and negotiated a private, legal deal, and they didn't take kindly to competition.

It's no surprise that businesses like Flippa get red flagged when something seems fishy.

•••
Here's the thing...companies will do whatever it takes to make the most profits possible, even if operations aren't ethical.

Godaddy just terminated my auctions account. Why? Because they auctioned off domains they didn't own, I contacted the registrant and negotiated a private, legal deal, and they didn't take kindly to competition.

It's no surprise that businesses like Flippa get red flagged when something seems fishy.

Long term, wouldn't being unethical hurt business? If it's proven, it can not only hurt but kill a business off.

Long term, wouldn't your case actually hurt GoDaddy instead of making them more money. They lose whatever you pay for auctions each year, your participation in auctions, you might be mad enough to take your registrations to another registrar (don't know if you're at GD now), bad press from wrongfully terminating an account if in fact that's what happened. It makes no sense profit wise, to kill off good customers.

Having said all that, yes, Flippa should start using nicknames which helps or designating an employee bid etc. suggestions made in previous threads.

•••
Long term, wouldn't being unethical hurt business? If it's proven, it can not only hurt but kill a business off.

Long term, wouldn't your case actually hurt GoDaddy instead of making them more money.
They don't care about long term. They see it as an individual beating them at their own game and taking potential immediate profits away.

Companies like godaddy, Flippa, whoever, are about profiting now. There are respectable corps that want to build a brand with integrity but they're few and far in between. Especially in the domaining biz!

•••
They don't care about long term

With all respect Keith this is BS. GD has been making business since 1999 ( 16 years now ) and if they weren't into long term planning/caring/thinking they would have gone out of business 15 years ago.

Flippa should start using nicknames which helps or designating an employee bid etc. suggestions made in previous threads.
+1

•••
With all respect Keith this is BS. GD has been making business since 1999 ( 16 years now ) and if they weren't into long term planning/caring/thinking they would have gone out of business 15 years ago.
If immediate profits aren't their goal, why toss a customer who's spent $xxx,xxx on domains/renewals over the years?

It's no biggie. There are ways to continue biz as usual but their actions speak volumes about their position.

•••
If immediate profits aren't their goal, why toss a customer who's spent $xxx,xxx on domains/renewals over the years?

Maybe because your xxx.xxx is nothing to a business that has over 13MLN customers and over 1Billion ANNUAL revenue?

•••
Maybe because your xxx.xxx is nothing to a business that has over 13MLN customers and over 1Billion ANNUAL revenue?
Godaddy loses hundreds of millions on an annual basis. I'd say every positive dollar counts...

Regardless of valuations, shitty business practice speaks volumes. How godaddy handles expired auctions is equivalent to Ford saying they have exclusive rights to sell your used (ford) automobile.

•••

You violated GoDaddy.com Terms. End of Story.

•••
You violated GoDaddy.com Terms. End of Story.
Says who?

There are several tools available to the public to access current, legal domain registrants. Godaddy wants to sell goods that they don't own. Then they expect the rest of the world to sit quietly as they rake in funds.

Hey, I have a TOS that nobody will read because it's pages long. Click agree and be aware that the fine print says you owe me your first born child. I guess you knew better since you clicked "I agree"...

•••
Anyways, while some dislike Heynow, he's actually doing a great public service. Exposing the bs of the domaining industry is an absolute necessity. Bury your head in the sand or face the reality that the deck is stacked.

•••
•••
Godaddy loses hundreds of millions on an annual basis

And how would they possibly be still in business in your opinion? I imagine that if you kept being at a loss with your domain business you would have closed down long ago wouldn't you?

Also, Keith, we are all domainers here, we all know that the whois info change when the domain is in redemption period and that the email address of the registrar is support@ go daddy....
No wonder why they " suspected " you have tried to bypass them.

•••
And how would they possibly be still in business in your opinion? I imagine that if you kept being at a loss with your domain business you would have closed down long ago wouldn't you?

Also, Keith, we are all domainers here, we all know that the whois info change when the domain is in redemption period and that the email address of the registrar is support@ go daddy....
No wonder why they " suspected " you have tried to bypass them.
They haven't profited in years...

http://www.zdnet.com/article/godadd...y-at-2-87-billion-but-profit-concerns-emerge/

Also, who gives a damn if godaddy changes current registrant info in an attempt to profit? The initial expiration date means little as the current registrant still owns the domain. Factor in hours of research, emails, negotiations...godaddy is wrong regardless of hiding behind a TOS that anyone with a qwerty could type.

This practice is indicative of the domain industry as a whole. For example, network solutions is warehousing an expired domain in client hold for 2 years past expiration now. They don't care because it's valuable and who's going to stop them?

•••
very interesting prices for these domains , it's worth being an owner of a good idea such as hot dogs and new domains at .io

•••
Dayy.com for $3000 No 14 in above List is my best sale this month. I have few more Good name's which i will sell on flippa next month.

•••
Dayy.com for $3000 No 14 in above List is my best sale this month. I have few more Good name's which i will sell on flippa next month.

Great sale. When DAYY.com was sold for $3000, were Flippa employees bidding on that domain? From what CEO David Slutzkin said, when he was CEO, the Sellers are in on the scheme. So tell us, were Flippa employee(s) bidding in that auction? If yes, did a Flippa employee win the domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back