Domain Empire

various Flippa reports weekly Domain Sales led by HotDog.com at $150,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Flippa has just sent in their weekly sales report. HotDog.com was the highest reported domain name sale at $150,000.

Here are the sales :

HotDog.com - $150,000

Cloud.io - $45,000

EnglishLanguage.com - $14,999

Kennebunkport.com - $7,000

Portfolio of 101 Domain Names - $6,888

Susy.com - $6,001

Broker.io - $6,000

Tunez.com - $5,999

Handcuffed.com - $5,555

Daring.com - $3,500

Toat.com - $3,500

Innovate.org - $3,495

Bot.io - $3,100

CareerAdvisors.com - $3,052

CyberSquatter.com - $3,000

Dayy.com - $3,000

DroneGear.com - $1,995

TradeReview.com - $1,500

Koco.in - $1,500

ClubsTech.com - $1,350

Portfolio of 9 LLLL .COMs - $1,300

TeachPal.com - $1,249

Intannya.com - $1,200

Declares.com - $1,150

DGL.net - $1,105

VRMagazine.com - $1,100

EBM.net - $1,065

OrganicIngredients.com - $1,060

Divested.com - $1,050

e.et - $1,050

FashionablyLate.com - $1,050

Helicams.com - $1,002

Seashells.net - $1,000

Removably.com - $1,000

ComedyHouse.com - $1,000

Rezekinya.com - $1,000

Haul.it - $850

TryV.com - $799

Internet.ly - $770

EditPhotosOnline.com - $650

Lone.ly - $605

Retail.to - $555

RPNN.com - $510

Takeoff.io - $505

Schnapps.net - $505

iPackages.com - $470

Trainee.io - $450

UFIV.com - $425

UsedBoards.com - $400

Beds.to - $350

Source: Flippa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Must they disclose that they are employees to all other bidders bidding on the same domain? Or must they only disclose to the Seller that they are employees? Clear it up. Be specific.

I think he means they disclose it to the seller.
IMHO it's a step but I think it is way more important for the bidders to know about it; at the end, like others said " as a seller who cares as long as I get paid " which is honest and true.

But the story is completely different about the bidders. I am not talking about bidding rings or anything like that I am just trying to point out what imo would be more useful, respectful and true to the market that is, informing the bidders.( and the seller if you like ). But informing only the seller just doesn't do the job.

As @FlippaDomains asked for suggestion then mine is to also inform the bidders as well maybe with an " E " beside the bidder number or by identifying them with £ employee " instead of bidder number x

•••
Must they disclose that they are employees to all other bidders bidding on the same domain? Or must they only disclose to the Seller that they are employees? Clear it up. Be specific.

I think he means they disclose it to the seller.
IMHO it's a step but I think it is way more important for the bidders to know about it; at the end, like others said " as a seller who cares as long as I get paid " which is honest and true.

But the story is completely different about the bidders. I am not talking about bidding rings or anything like that I am just trying to point out what imo would be more useful, respectful and true to the market that is, informing the bidders.( and the seller if you like ). But informing only the seller just doesn't do the job.

As @FlippaDomains asked for suggestion then mine is to also inform the bidders as well maybe with an " E " beside the bidder number or by identifying them with £ employee " instead of bidder number x

That makes sense. I will be officially proposing the following:
  • Bidder Aliases
  • Employee Badges that show sellers and other bidders that Employees are bidding
Please remember that I represent the Domains side of things, and that this is one of those site-wide improvements that must be thought-through, spec'd out and approved by others. I have no earthly idea when this might happen, but I'll try and get it into a friendlier place to process soon.

I appreciate the dialogue, as per usual.

•••
That makes sense. I will be officially proposing the following:
  • Bidder Aliases
  • Employee Badges that show sellers and other bidders that Employees are bidding
Please remember that I represent the Domains side of things, and that this is one of those site-wide improvements that must be thought-through, spec'd out and approved by others. I have no earthly idea when this might happen, but I'll try and get it into a friendlier place to process soon.

I appreciate the dialogue, as per usual.

Thanks. And it really does make sense. Just think about this for a second.

All of us domainers participate in auctions etc. More than often a widely used way to establish if there is a market/buyers for a particular name is to see if many people are bidding on it. I am not saying that it is a right or wrong criteria to value a name but is indeed a very widely accepted one.

So let's say I come to Flippa and I see that a name has 20 people bidding on it..well...there must be " something " in that name and if I buy it I will have many chances to sell it for a profit...Now...it turns out that part of those bids were not really domianers or end users but employees...well that changes everything can you see that? My " potential " market just drastically changed and possibly decreased.

If this is not a reason enough, just consider that if the employees bids were made clear then NO ONE could come up again accusing you of a range of malpractices. My view is that it will be a win-win-win for Flippa, the sellers and the buyers; so far it has only been a win-win for the first 2.

Thanks for attention and time.

•••
Well, Ebay has a lot of different sellers offering the same product. For instance, there are dozens of listings for the same style widget, guitar, or tool. Domain name auctions are different because each domain name is unique, can't be duplicated, and is a one-of-a-kind item.

Apples and oranges.
Domain names are also listed for sale on Ebay. Also, many other items sold are very rare and one-of-a-kind.

I'm not trying to argue one point of view over another. Just pointing out the fact that the largest listing service in the world with as much experience as anyone running a website, allows it's employees to participate under certain conditions. Those conditions do not include disclosing usernames and flagging employee participation.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. And it really does make sense. Just think about this for a second.

All of us domainers participate in auctions etc. More than often a widely used way to establish if there is a market/buyers for a particular name is to see if many people are bidding on it. I am not saying that it is a right or wrong criteria to value a name but is indeed a very widely accepted one.

So let's say I come to Flippa and I see that a name has 20 people bidding on it..well...there must be " something " in that name and if I buy it I will have many chances to sell it for a profit...Now...it turns out that part of those bids were not really domianers or end users but employees...well that changes everything can you see that? My " potential " market just drastically changed and possibly decreased.

If this is not a reason enough, just consider that if the employees bids were made clear then NO ONE could come up again accusing you of a range of malpractices. My view is that it will be a win-win-win for Flippa, the sellers and the buyers; so far it has only been a win-win for the first 2.

Thanks for attention and time.

Yes, agreed. And thank you. And you're welcome.

I would still like to argue, however, that Employees' bids are still considered actual bids -- provided they're bidding on assets at their own leisure / for investment purposes (which happens, albeit not by more than a minority, and not often), vs. a bunch of people lobbing bids indiscriminately. I personally can confirm that this does not occur.

Agreed that transparency would solve everything. Let me have at it.

•••
cloud.io is a great name right now.

•••
Agreed that transparency would solve everything. Let me have at it.

You're already transparent with the Sellers, right? So why were outside bidders not given the same courtesy when the policy was initiated? Could it be because they'd run the other way if they knew employees might be bidding against them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back