IT.COM

various Flippa Reports Weekly Sales List Led By Fije.com at $3,050

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Fije.com was the highest reported domain name sale for the previous week at Flippa. The domain name changed hands for $3,050.

Here are the sales for this week :

Fije.com - $ 3,050

FileMarket.com - $2,750

MusicKing.com - $2,500

Wuxo.com - $2,200

Retail.to - $1,500

StudentFilm.com - $1,551

GatewayLoanService.com - $1,500

Bamberg.com - $1,310

Bride2Bride.com - $1,250

intannya.com - $1,200

Portfolio of 50 Domains - $1,150

Lodging.info - $1,000

BarcodeApp.com - $1,000

LatinoCountry.com - $965

Erss.com - $880

GiveMeBitcoin.com - $860

Kihy.com - $800

Maxg.com - $793

TechStartup.io - $751

Unnerve.com - $730

iDenim.com - $725

bitcoin666.com - $666

Anus.net - $625

Braunschweig.com - $607

BuyBitcoins.cheap - $600

omgbitcoins.com - $600

bitcoinwtf.com - $600

atbitcoin.com - $599

bitcoinface.com - $560

My-Bitcoin.com - $500

Gerrit.com - $474

Modify.io - $455

peek.ly - $449

xViral.com - $410

Rank.to - $405

iFund.io - $399

HKXC.com - $362

SEMGenius.com - $350

Og0.com - $320

BLX.co - $301

ick.io - $300

TheFreeGames.com - $300

Cockroach.net - $275

Source: DomainNews

The original sales report may be found on Flippa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is the difference to the seller or the market if I win the auction or a domainer who also works for Flippa wins the auction?

I assume that one of the greatest difference between a normal Flippa user and someone who works there is that the latter has information that the first hasn't.

I am not aware that is a proven fact that Flippa staff bid on auctions solely to drive the prices up

Yes that it's true. I think though, that for some, the fact that the opposite is not a proven fact either, is enough to dislike the practice.

•••
I assume that one of the greatest difference between a normal Flippa user and someone who works there is that the latter has information that the first hasn't.

The only thing that I can think of that they would know that we wouldn't would be the Reserve Price which the seller set themselves and is automatically unlocked when anybody bids over it and the Seller's true identity (not any real advantage). What else?

Yes that it's true. I think though, that for some, the fact that the opposite is not a proven fact either, is enough to dislike the practice.

That could be said about any auction site. Does any auction site categorically state that their employees may not hold domains and actively police that rule? Please educate me.

•••
That could be said about any auction site. Does any auction site categorically state that their employees may not hold domains and actively police that rule? Please educate me.

Hey, don't shoot the messanger, I was just trying to explain why people don't like it.
And FYI yes, there are sites where employees and even heir relatives are not allowed to bid or partecipate in the auctions in any way.

•••
Hey, don't shoot the messanger, I was just trying to explain why people don't like it.
And FYI yes, there are sites where employees and even heir relatives are not allowed to bid or partecipate in the auctions in any way.

I understand. I was just trying to be objective also. Some will agree with your view, some will agree with mine. Neither of our views are completely wrong in my opinion.

•••
I understand. I was just trying to be objective also. Some will agree with your view, some will agree with mine. Neither of our views are completely wrong in my opinion.

Please; I didn't write them as my personal views. You wanted to know things and I just replied and tried to give them to you by being informative.

•••
Please; I didn't write them as my personal views. You wanted to know things and I just replied and tried to give them to you by being informative.

You gave me your opinion. I didn't see any proven facts there.

•••
You gave me your opinion. I didn't see any proven facts there.

Look I didn't give you any personal opinion or anything like that I just tried to explain to you why some domainers say what they say about this marketplace.
You are invited to not put words in my mouth that I haven't intended to say. Thanks. If I want to express my opinion stay assured that I know how to do it.

You asked " What is the difference to the seller or the market if I win the auction or a domainer who also works for Flippa wins the auction? "

And I tried to explain to you in my words why people ( not me personally ) might like or not like this practice by saying :

You also said : " I am not aware that is a proven fact that Flippa staff bid on auctions solely to drive the prices up "

and I replied :

As you might have noticed I clearly stated " for some " ; I haven'y spoken in first person so please avoid saying that.
Now please let's move on ok? I am really not interested in such a conversation.

•••
Now please let's move on ok? I am really not interested in such a conversation.

Then why did you start one? You want to stop fine, stop. I already gave you the chance to stop but you kept on so as long as you keep quoting me I will keep replying.

•••
LOL...see ya.
* facepalm *

Last edited:
•••
Look everything comes down to comfort level, people should know the history of any business they delve into, they should know and understand if there were any great scandals, were the people who oversaw the company still in that role today ? After things are settled you need to move on imo. Do people take Tylenol today ? What happened with them was far more serious than auction manipulation. Toyota or GM still selling cars ? They had major recalls in their history.

Now to be fair some people will never take Tylenol after what happened years ago, that is their choice, but they can't say Tylenol is dangerous right now because of what happened years ago. They need current proof to talk about current times.

Flippa does allow employees to bid on auctions, if we want to get paranoid every platform could have employees bidding but doing it through a friend or family member. Flippa employees bidding would seem to make sense to be organic and not to run something up. They would need to pay for the auction to get a success fee, so spending $1,000 to make $100-$200 doesn't make sense. They need to denote an employee bid different from other members, I said that to Kevin months ago.

At the end of the day each person has to participate where they are comfortable.

•••
Firstly I am not aware that is a proven fact that Flippa staff bid on auctions solely to drive the prices up with no intention to make the purchase.

The key word in your post is "solely." Thanks for making my point. The fact that a Flippa employee might actually want the domain he, she, or they are bidding on is very quaint, but not really relevant here.

The problem is, we'll never know for sure the motivation of employees bidding in their employers' auctions. Considering the checkered past of the domain industry, including massive shill bidding and employee insider(s) stealthily driving up prices, I can make an informed decision based on that.

For you to proffer here that those who think the policy of allowing employees to bid at their respective employers' auctions is beyond reproach is disingenuous, truly.

Hey, why not have 2 or more Flippa employees bidding on the same domain while you're out there, clueless, participating in that auction? Nothing wrong with that, right?

Last edited:
•••
The key word in your post is "solely." Thanks for making my point.

"Solely" is indeed a key word in that sentence but it is not the only one. The words "proven" and "fact" are pretty key also, but I can see why you might prefer to ignore those. :laugh:

Edit: I see you added to your post after I quoted it but there is not a lot of point in responding further. You seem to have an agenda, and objective opinion is clearly wasted on you.

Last edited:
•••
Edit: I see you added to your post after I quoted...

That's not true. My agenda is to keep common sense out here. I don't put lies out there, or fiction as you do.

•••
I'm surprised (in a good way) at the number of new gTLD's that are being sold - particularly the .IO's

•••
Yes, I have reality going for me.

We all have reality going for us, including you. You see things differently than others here, including me. It all shakes out in our allegiances. You seem to have allegiance more so to those entities which might benefit you, personally, as a seller of domains of mediocre nature.

Your loyalties to the members here appears to be limited to the published rules for the site, and not substantially to keep the industry truly clean and reputable, instead of just the facade of such. Like I said before, you have to do what you have to do. Shame.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back