VAVZ.com - $600

Scopes.org - $550

True.ly - $525

RapidWeb.com - $500

WPTuts.com - $355

BridalArrangement.com - $301

Source: DomainNews

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All you need is one 3L .com to sway the statistics. :D

•••
IMHO, Flippa employees who participate in Flippa auctions, unbeknownst to the outside bidders could also "sway the statistics," by driving up prices.

From what I understand, as stated by a Flippa CEO, that's okay with Flippa as long as the Seller is in on the scheme. Duh! The Seller is going to object to prices being driven up? YGBKM.

Here, read question and answer #6: http://tldinvestors.com/2012/11/quick-chat-with-david-slutzkin-ceo-flippa.html

IMHO, all Flippa reported sales should be viewed understanding that Flippa employees are allowed to bid at those auctions, and therefore drive up prices. If you keep that in mind, perhaps the "reported sales" will be digested appropriately.

Until I read that Flippa has abandoned that policy of allowing employees to bid at Flippa auctions, then the stats, in my mind, fall in to the category of something other than pure.

•••
IMHO, Flippa employees who participate in Flippa auctions, unbeknownst to the outside bidders could also "sway the statistics," by driving up prices.

From what I understand, as stated by a Flippa CEO, that's okay with Flippa as long as the Seller is in on the scheme. Duh! The Seller is going to object to prices being driven up? YGBKM.

Here, read question and answer #6: http://tldinvestors.com/2012/11/quick-chat-with-david-slutzkin-ceo-flippa.html

IMHO, all Flippa reported sales should be viewed understanding that Flippa employees are allowed to bid at those auctions, and therefore drive up prices. If you keep that in mind, perhaps the "reported sales" will be digested appropriately.

Until I read that Flippa has abandoned that policy of allowing employees to bid at Flippa auctions, then the stats, in my mind, fall in to the category of something other than pure.

First, he's no longer our CEO. Second, I think our employees have better things to do than sit around all day bidding on others' auctions.

We'll get bidder aliases soon to show you that this simply isn't happening, but until then -- by all means -- continue to rehash the same, stale talking point...

•••

Every. Single. Post.

You need to relax. We got the message the first five (or more) times you posted about this.

•••
First, he's no longer our CEO. Second, I think our employees have better things to do than sit around all day bidding on others' auctions.

We'll get bidder aliases soon to show you that this simply isn't happening, but until then -- by all means -- continue to rehash the same, stale talking point...

Perhaps Slutzkin is no longer your CEO. But the policy of allowing employees to bid against clueless (non-employee outside bidders is still current, right? If that's not the case, just state it hear. If that policy still exists and Flippa employees are still allowed to bid against clueless outside bidders, then whomever is CEO is not truly relevant, and your emphasis on that fact appears to me to be an attempt to divert attention from the important issue of employees of an auction platform having the option of participating as bidders and driving up prices.

As soon as the "bidder aliases" start to show that "this simply isn't happening" then I'll be a believer in your integrity. Until then, it's just words.

You may think Flippa employees have better things to do than sit around "all day bidding on others' auctions, but it doesn't take all day for a bidder to place a bid, employee or not. Also, when you state "I think," you're not truly being certain or definite, hence my apprehension of your carefully written post.

Rehash? Every time Flippa "sales" are reported, that's not a rehash of what Flippa wants outsiders to think?

I think the saying goes: "I was born at night, but not last night."

Last edited:
•••
Every. Single. Post.

You need to relax. We got the message the first five (or more) times you posted about this.

Thanks for the advice. My posts are relevant in every thread in which they occur. Thanks for reading my writings. I'll consider you a fan.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back