Dynadot

various Flippa reports weekly Domain Sales led by HotDog.com at $150,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Flippa has just sent in their weekly sales report. HotDog.com was the highest reported domain name sale at $150,000.

Here are the sales :

HotDog.com - $150,000

Cloud.io - $45,000

EnglishLanguage.com - $14,999

Kennebunkport.com - $7,000

Portfolio of 101 Domain Names - $6,888

Susy.com - $6,001

Broker.io - $6,000

Tunez.com - $5,999

Handcuffed.com - $5,555

Daring.com - $3,500

Toat.com - $3,500

Innovate.org - $3,495

Bot.io - $3,100

CareerAdvisors.com - $3,052

CyberSquatter.com - $3,000

Dayy.com - $3,000

DroneGear.com - $1,995

TradeReview.com - $1,500

Koco.in - $1,500

ClubsTech.com - $1,350

Portfolio of 9 LLLL .COMs - $1,300

TeachPal.com - $1,249

Intannya.com - $1,200

Declares.com - $1,150

DGL.net - $1,105

VRMagazine.com - $1,100

EBM.net - $1,065

OrganicIngredients.com - $1,060

Divested.com - $1,050

e.et - $1,050

FashionablyLate.com - $1,050

Helicams.com - $1,002

Seashells.net - $1,000

Removably.com - $1,000

ComedyHouse.com - $1,000

Rezekinya.com - $1,000

Haul.it - $850

TryV.com - $799

Internet.ly - $770

EditPhotosOnline.com - $650

Lone.ly - $605

Retail.to - $555

RPNN.com - $510

Takeoff.io - $505

Schnapps.net - $505

iPackages.com - $470

Trainee.io - $450

UFIV.com - $425

UsedBoards.com - $400

Beds.to - $350

Source: Flippa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great sale. When DAYY.com was sold for $3000, were Flippa employees bidding on that domain? From what CEO David Slutzkin said, when he was CEO, the Sellers are in on the scheme. So tell us, were Flippa employee(s) bidding in that auction? If yes, did a Flippa employee win the domain?
There was 21 bidders and i didn't notice that flippa ceo were bidding or not but the buyer who win this domain was new on flippa without any transaction history.

•••
I wonder if Flippa employees participated as bidders in any of these auctions. It would be nice to know that. Then we would be more able to discern which auction "sales" results are purely from bids placed by bidders who are NOT employees of Flippa. Then we would be educated. Do you get the idea that some here prefer to keep us ignorant about this sort of thing?

Sure, here's your answer:

HotDog.com was brokered by Brannans -- they brought their end user to Flippa for a Buy/Now sale.

•••
Great sale. When DAYY.com was sold for $3000, were Flippa employees bidding on that domain? From what CEO David Slutzkin said, when he was CEO, the Sellers are in on the scheme. So tell us, were Flippa employee(s) bidding in that auction? If yes, did a Flippa employee win the domain?

First off, can you find the transcript where it says that sellers are "in on it" ? And do you have any other information other than this interview that leads you to believe that employees are suspected shill bidders?

Second, since Dave Slutzkin no longer works for Flippa, what would it take for you to stop using such an old, tired talking point?

Seriously -- what would put this to rest?

Bidder IDs / aliases? "Employee" badges shown next to bids?

I'm listening...

•••

That you already know because those suggestions were brought up many months ago. I think you said you were working on bidder aliases? But no launch date.

Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix, Dropcatch etc. use bidder aliases.

Employees, either ban it outright (that's with using bidder aliases if you do) or employee badge.

It's just a matter of doing it, that's on your end.

•••
That you already know because those suggestions were brought up many months ago. I think you said you were working on bidder aliases? But no launch date.

Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix, Dropcatch etc. use bidder aliases.

Employees, either ban it outright (that's with using bidder aliases if you do) or employee badge.

It's just a matter of doing it, that's on your end.
I just verified each and every bidder is active and seller on flippa except few but they stopped bidding after couple hundred bucks.Which is usual because they were new on flippa or may be cannot afford further bidding.i didn't find any suspected bidder.

•••
I just verified each and every bidder is active and seller on flippa except few but they stopped bidding after couple hundred bucks.Which is usual because they were new on flippa or may be cannot afford further bidding.i didn't find any suspected bidder.

Yeah, I don't know anything about your auction, mine was more a general statement. I mentioned the ones above that use bidder aliases and I like them, think it helps. GoDaddy, some number. I have no idea who I'm bidding against. I think something like that, would be more of a target for that kind of thing.

•••
From what CEO David Slutzkin said, when he was CEO, the Sellers are in on the scheme. So tell us, were Flippa employee(s) bidding in that auction? If yes, did a Flippa employee win the domain?

WOW...I didn't know that...

You either need to pull the direct quote, or you need to be more careful with your language.

•••
You either need to pull the direct quote, or you need to be more careful with your language.
Flippa should remove direct messaging between buyers and sellers until a winning bidder emerges. The current system has shenanigans written all over it.

People are finding out what reserves are set at and then bidding just below. It gives off a false sense of true domain values.

•••
Pardon? What was so " not careful " in stating I didn't know about something?
It's either you misunderstood something or you are getting paranoid there @Flippa as I simple said I wasn't aware of something that another pro stated.

•••
•••
•••
Bear in mind:

Flippa is NOT an auctioneer.
Flippa does NOT conduct auctions.

Flippa is NOT actually responsible for very much at all.

•••
Bear in mind:

Flippa is NOT an auctioneer.
Flippa does NOT conduct auctions.

Flippa is NOT actually responsible for very much at all.

Exactly. I would characterize Flippa as an auction platform. To me, is appears their system has been engineered to, as you phrase it, "... NOT actually responsible for very much at all."

That's a very smart way to conduct business, to not be responsible for very much.

•••
First off, can you find the transcript where it says that sellers are "in on it" ? And do you have any other information other than this interview that leads you to believe that employees are suspected shill bidders?

Second, since Dave Slutzkin no longer works for Flippa, what would it take for you to stop using such an old, tired talking point?

Seriously -- what would put this to rest?

I'm listening...

Here's the "transcript" that leads me to believe that the sellers are "in on it" : http://tldinvestors.com/2012/11/quick-chat-with-david-slutzkin-ceo-flippa.html Question and answer #6 to be specific. When a Flippa CEO states "We do allow our staff to bid on auctions as long as the bidders are clear about this with sellers, ..." my common sense tells me that the Sellers sanction the practice. I don't know how many other ways Slutzkin's words can be interpreted. His words tell the story.

I understand, according to your comments, that Slutzkin no longer works for Flippa. Hallelujah! But the policy still exists, right? So whether or no Slutzkin is the CEO or Daffy Duck is the CEO, the policy is still exists, right?

You ask, "What would put this to rest?" Glad you finally asked! If you didn't treat me and those concerned about the policy as thought we were idiots, then you would be closer to gleaning our respect and trust. For example, whenever we bring up the policy of Flippa allowing its employees to participate as bidders in Flippa auctions, you remind us that Slutzkin is no longer CEO. What the f-ck does that have to do with the policy? Not much, evidently, because the policy still stands. You also remind us that Flippa employees (and I'll paraphrase here because I don't really have time to search for your exact post) are so busy that they have little time to participate in Flippa auctions. Instead of recognizing that we aren't idiots, you instead appear to choose to float the balloon that the policy is really benign, and not really an issue. If the policy really wasn't an issue, and Flippa wasn't making money from it, common sense tells us that the policy would be expendable. But it appears that policy is NOT expendable to date.

Godaddy immediately changed its policy of allowing its VP of TDNAM auctions to bid, anonymously, at TDNAM auctions, as soon as the shit hit the fan when affected bidders voiced their anger and the press picked up on that anger. It took Godaddy about 15 minutes to see the light. IMHO, Flippa hasn't seen the light.

Like I said, I'm tired of being treated like a fool. So are a lot of us.

•••
Ebay employees can participate in Ebay auctions/bin sales with some restrictions on participation. For instance, if they have access to reserves or best offer amounts.

Even then they can participate under certain circumstances. If the reserve price has been met, they can participate or if they choose to buy using Buy It Now or another fixed price method.

They can't submit a Best Offer on an item if at least one Best Offer has already been submitted by another member. If a Best Offer has not been submitted by others, they can submit offers.

Buyers id's are kept private except to sellers. They previously disclosed ebay usernames, but they changed several years ago because of various reasons. One of the main problems was spam to bidders via ebay's message system. I can attest to that.

•••
Ebay employees can participate in Ebay auctions/bin sales with some restrictions on participation. For instance, if they have access to reserves or best offer amounts.

Even then they can participate under certain circumstances. If the reserve price has been met, they can participate or if they choose to buy using Buy It Now or another fixed price method.

They can't submit a Best Offer on an item if at least one Best Offer has already been submitted by another member. If a Best Offer has not been submitted by others, they can submit offers.

Buyers id's are kept private except to sellers. They previously disclosed ebay usernames, but they changed several years ago because of various reasons. One of the main problems was spam to bidders via ebay's message system. I can attest to that.

Well, Ebay has a lot of different sellers offering the same product. For instance, there are dozens of listings for the same style widget, guitar, or tool. Domain name auctions are different because each domain name is unique, can't be duplicated, and is a one-of-a-kind item.

Apples and oranges.

•••
Maybe because your xxx.xxx is nothing to a business that has over 13MLN customers and over 1Billion ANNUAL revenue?

Flippa makes 1billion in revenue?

1 billion of what exactly?

•••
Flippa makes 1billion in revenue?

1 billion of what exactly?

Please keep up... that was GoDaddy :) Things move at a fast pace round these parts due to all the bees getting in bonnets and such..

•••
Please keep up... that was GoDaddy :) Things move at a fast pace round these parts due to all the bees getting in bonnets and such..

:'(:'(:'(

Thanks mate, almost thought there was no hope for humanity.

•••
Pardon? What was so " not careful " in stating I didn't know about something?
It's either you misunderstood something or you are getting paranoid there @Flippa as I simple said I wasn't aware of something that another pro stated.

Sorry, I quoted you accidentally as that was meant towards @HeyNow 's "the sellers are in on it" comment. I'll address all this more later, but just wanted to clear up that my comment wasn't directed at you.

•••
Ah, I understand what you mean now.

Flippa Sellers aren't "in on the scheme" -- they're notified if an employee is bidding on something of theirs. THAT is how it should be -- the seller should know that the bidder is an employee, and is intentionally bidding to win that auction.

When a Flippa CEO states "We do allow our staff to bid on auctions as long as the bidders are clear about this with sellers, ..." my common sense tells me that the Sellers sanction the practice. I don't know how many other ways Slutzkin's words can be interpreted. His words tell the story.
-- If by sanction, you mean that the sellers are allowed to approve or reject the bid of a Flippa employee, then that is accurate.

-- If you are implying that X employees go around throwing bids around without mentioning they are employees, then that is not at all accurate.

-- If you really want to get to the bottom of what you feel is my treating you like an idiot, you should ask for any @FlippaDomains sellers to come forward to disclose experiences they have had accepting employees' bids...

I understand, according to your comments, that Slutzkin no longer works for Flippa. Hallelujah! But the policy still exists, right? So whether or no Slutzkin is the CEO or Daffy Duck is the CEO, the policy is still exists, right?

-- Our policy is that employees can bid so long as they disclose they are employees.

Instead of recognizing that we aren't idiots, you instead appear to choose to float the balloon that the policy is really benign, and not really an issue. If the policy really wasn't an issue, and Flippa wasn't making money from it, common sense tells us that the policy would be expendable. But it appears that policy is NOT expendable to date.

-- We're not "making money" from this kind of thing....because few if any employees participate on platform at all, and those who do are legitimate domain/website buyers who bid to acquire an asset.

I don't mean to treat anyone like an idiot, but you're trying to imply that we're all involved in some bid-rigging operation, which I cannot wait to prove to you simply does not exist...

•••
Excuse me for being ignorant but, as long as I get paid for the domain I am selling then I really don't care who's bidding on it! flippa employee or not. If I make a profit I'm happy. As flippa are the listing platform then I would only expect them to make a profit also, and as there are thousands of domains, sites and apps listed on flippa then the profit is going to be huge.

Anyway, getting back to the OP, Thank you for taking the time and sharing this information of recent sales with us all.

•••
Excuse me for being ignorant but, as long as I get paid for the domain I am selling then I really don't care who's bidding on it! flippa employee or not. If I make a profit I'm happy. As flippa are the listing platform then I would only expect them to make a profit also, and as there are thousands of domains, sites and apps listed on flippa then the profit is going to be huge.

Anyway, getting back to the OP, Thank you for taking the time and sharing this information of recent sales with us all.
Yup, as a seller who cares. As a buyer seeing bids on domains that you assume represent the market, when they really don't, could be very costly.

There are plenty of places to bid on and buy domains outside of Flippa if you're an employee. The practice stinks.

•••
-- Our policy is that employees can bid so long as they disclose they are employees.

Must they disclose that they are employees to all other bidders bidding on the same domain? Or must they only disclose to the Seller that they are employees? Clear it up. Be specific.

•••
Back