NameSilo

Five Figure Domain Sales right after relocating to Malaysia!

Labeled as showcase in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by AbdulBasit.com, Sep 17, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. RThomas

RThomas Account Closed

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ayodeji

Ayodeji Established Member

Darkwallet is a brilliant brand name - anonymous/secured/privacy+wallet.

BusinessChecking is a great keyword domain. Hard to see company naming themselves that; i also couldn't find direct end users to it.

All that matters is the sales! Congrats!

I would love to understand how you come about your pricing.

3. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for your input. Always love to see what others think about any particular domain and what could be the usage which gives me more ideas for relevant domains if I've any or for future reference.

Thanks for your well wishes. I totally agree that these sales happened when most needed as one can understand how much additional expenses one incur when moving out to new country with family. But even without those sales, things would be have been good but both made it very good ;)

4. AbdulBasit.com

Thank you my friend :)
    Glad you like it so much which makes me even happier :joyful::joyful:

5. AbdulBasit.com

I appreciate you taking time and sharing your point of view on what you think about each of those domains.
    I totally agree with you on DarkWallet and for BusinessChecking, I've copied below from Google:

"Business checks are bank drafts written against a business checking account. The draft is negotiated on the organizations deposits, not the owners, making a clear delineation of personal and professional assets. Banks have specific requirements in opening business checking accounts."

"A small-business checking account helps business owners manage taxes, as well as legal and practical money issues. ... Business checking accounts and personal accounts are similar in some ways. Both often have monthly fees that are waived if the account holder meets certain minimum balance requirements."

I think this will justify the asking price yeah...

6. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

7. main

main Top Member VIP

Congrats Abdul. Great sales and a what a great way to start off the new life :)

8. Andrew Knox

Andrew Knox Top Member VIP

Beast! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

9. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM VIP

Congratulations AbdulBasit, indeed these two sales are great. Seems Nature's Grace on you, all the best and I wish all the success for your in Malaysia.

10. GoWebnames.com

GoWebnames.com Truth alone triumphs VIP

Congrats Abdul Basit, great sales !!
    So, you are now a Malaysian citizen?
    Good decision though !!

11. AbdulBasit.com

Thank you!
    No, unfortunately won't be able to get Malaysian citizenship as they don't offer like U.S/Canada/European nations.

12. GoWebnames.com

GoWebnames.com Truth alone triumphs VIP

Oh, I asked because you mentioned about the pakistani passport. So, you must have a Malaysian PR on a Pakistan passport then? Parents moved with you or still back home?

13. AbdulBasit.com

Malaysia doesn't offer PR easily too. It's not easy to get one.
    Parents in Pakistan.

14. kandyan

kandyan Established Member

Nice sales... Congrats!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  15. topdom

topdom Established Member

Great sales. Congratulations.
    A few questions:

Do you park domains at Afternic? Do you put prices after price requests, or when listing for the first time?
    If they come after price requests, how much time passes between price requests, and sales?

Do you also sell at Sedo (I'm wondering whether location (of the bank) prevents good sales.).

These questions are for everyone. Especially successful domainers. I don't have .com's of such quality, but have tons of domains worth low 4 figures. Trying to accelerate selling process.

16. AbdulBasit.com

Thank you!

All my domains are parked with Uniregistry.

Almost all domains are set to BIN and I don't entertain price requests because most have same minimum offer as BIN.

All domains listed with Sedo as well with same price as Afternic but it looks the distribution network isn't as good as Afternic.

17. BrandFactory

BrandFactory Account Auto-Closed

Congratulation Abdou wish you all the best with your journey ^^

18. aliweb

aliweb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

DarkWallet is a great name. It has so much potential. But I guess BusinessChecking not so much although beauty is in the eye of beholder so if buyer has paid such amount then they must have some idea about it.

19. emadpino

emadpino Established Member

@AbdulBasit.com Congrats on your sales.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. here is a golden advice for you before you settle down in Malaysia: find yourself another home because Malaysian citizenship is mission impossible especially if you do not speak the local language or have a very deep pocket to invest in the country.

I know people who stayed much longer than 10 years in Malaysia and have not even got the PR, even married to locals !!!

Singapore, Europe and many other western countries would be much easier. anyway good luck.

20. AbdulBasit.com

Thank you!
    I'm well aware of this issue but that's not my top priority. But thanks for your advice though (y)

21. TauseefKhan

TauseefKhan Established Member

congrats! It's smart domaining. This just one sale is equivalent to 10 brandable sales at an average of 2k.

And, often we read whois status of a domain changed. But, first time noticing a whois of a domainer changed too.

22. marcreative

marcreative Established Member

Malaysia really nice country, they have good manner, nice food, friendly people, beautiful views etc etc. Really a good choice! And congrats for your sales

23. 4better

4better Established Domainer VIP

Congrats on your great sales! And thanks for sharing this. More power to you.

24. falez

falez Established Member

25. mpshop

mpshop mansiprintshop Blue Account

wow, this is very inspirational for me. Thanks for the share and Huge Congratulations :D

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice