IT.COM

showcase Five Figure Domain Sales right after relocating to Malaysia!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been just couple of weeks coming to Malaysia and right after relocating, I sold couple of domains and that too within 24 hours. It was really surprising and very satisfying to have 2 domain sales and that too of five figures! Having couple of five figures that quickly is a personal record. Credit to the hard working brokers and Afternic team.

Both of them happened via Afternic.

First sale was of DarkWallet.com which I originally listed for sale at $29,888 BIN both at Sedo and Afternic. Usually all my pricing is same at every marketplace. The buyer came via Afternic broker and initially offered $20,000. However, after going back and forth, we settled for $25,000 gross.

Next sale was definitely surprising which happened after DarkWallet.com sale where the buyer simply hit the BIN and paid $19,888 for it. The domain was BusinessChecking.com

The total acquisition costs for both domains was around $1,000.

Looks like the start of this new journey of moving to Malaysia has started fantastically well and hope it continues to keep ticking up only.

Feel free to comment no matter how good or good that is 😉

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been just couple of weeks coming to Malaysia and right after relocating, I sold couple of domains and that too within 24 hours. It was really surprising and very satisfying to have 2 domain sales and that too of five figures! Having couple of five figures that quickly is a personal record. Credit to the hard working brokers and Afternic team.

Both of them happened via Afternic.

First sale was of DarkWallet.com which I originally listed for sale at $29,888 BIN both at Sedo and Afternic. Usually all my pricing is same at every marketplace. The buyer came via Afternic broker and initially offered $20,000. However, after going back and forth, we settled for $25,000 gross.

Next sale was definitely surprising which happened after DarkWallet.com sale where the buyer simply hit the BIN and paid $19,888 for it. The domain was BusinessChecking.com

The total acquisition costs for both domains was around $1,000.

Looks like the start of this new journey of moving to Malaysia has started fantastically well and hope it continues to keep ticking up only.

Feel free to comment no matter how good or good that is 😉
Wow! Double Congrats to you Abdul for both the sales (y)(y). Malaysian soil seems to doing some magic for you :xf.wink: and hope this gets the ball rolling. Btw, how long was your hold time for both the domains?

Last edited:
•••
•••
congratulation! You are my idol.

•••
Congrats on your sales,

Maybe you can put some of that money into some other ventures in your new location as a backup to domaining.

•••
Congrats! that's incredible!

•••
Congrats abdul -- it sounds as though the move to Malaysia is going to work well for you.

I hope this selling streak will last.

•••
Wow those are two great sales! Congratulations! What a welcome 'gift; to have those right after your moving expenses!

It must be rare to have a 5 figure sale directly via a BIN, without negotiation, or is it more common than I think?

Bob

•••
Congratulations @AbdulBasit.com I always amazed by profit size of your sales. Indeed you seem to be a fantastic salesman and domain engineer.

Keep the ball rolling, wish you all the best for your future sales.

•••
Congrats @AbdulBasit.com, since you are moved to Malaysia hope we can meet you there or maybe in Bali one day :)

•••
Congrats @AbdulBasit.com !! This is awesome ! Very happy for you, I was just thinking about startig a thread the other day to ask if any one has ever had 2 5fig sales in the same day or week! Well done

I love DarkWallet btw I have DarkXR ..dark is a great keyword!

Way to get top dollar.

Fall is looking good as I just got my first offer on a Defi name today!

Sales are picking up again , and let them keep rolling in!

Thanks for sharing and don't spend it all at once ;)

•••
If you don't mind...why Malaysia?

•••
•••
•••
Thank you everyone. Much appreciated your kind words and well wishes. That makes me more happier along with the sales for sure!

@saj110
Around 2-3 years each.

@Bob Hawkes
Thank you my friend :)
I think it's not that common because almost all of my 5 figure sales have happened with negotiation and not BIN.

@ET76
Thank you!
That would be great for sure. At least we're more closer now ;)

@DomainBarracksRob
Thanks yeah!
You thought and got the answer ;)
These sales have happened at the perfect time. Will cover lot of expenses.

@mAd MaX
For choosing Malaysia, I didn't had many options at my hand to select from. The value of our Pakistani passport is 2nd or 3rd from the bottom of world passport rankings. I know we as nation deserve that. May be some would disagree with me but that's their wish but I cannot hide any true picture of anything I'm aware of. I know it's not I'm proud of but it is what it is.

•••
Couple of great sales! I hope you have some fun with the money and dont just reinvest the whole lot. Way to go!

•••
You make me move overseas right now :D ...but my bank account says otherwise :(
Very happy for you, big congrats!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I could not find any potential end user using Google & dotDB. What prompted you to acquire DarkWallet.com?

•••
•••
Congrats on sales.

Congrats on your sales,

Maybe you can put some of that money into some other ventures in your new location as a backup to domaining.

Nah, domaining is the best investment. Build it up even more, renewals etc.

I could not find any potential end user using Google & dotDB. What prompted you to acquire DarkWallet.com?

I see:
darkwallet.xyz

darkwallets.com

darkwallet.net

darkwallet.de

darkwallet.ru

darkwallet.host

darkwalletpuzzle.com

Last edited:
•••
I see:
darkwallet.xyz
darkwallets.com
darkwallet.net
darkwallet.de
darkwallet.ru
darkwallet.host
darkwalletpuzzle.com
Any of of them being used by end users? I don't see that.

•••
Just off the top of my head, I would think of it as a wallet to store crypto offline, or somewhere where it could provide a level of privacy for a user, something many crypto holders would want to use.

•••
Back