Dynadot

showcase Five Figure Domain Sales right after relocating to Malaysia!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been just couple of weeks coming to Malaysia and right after relocating, I sold couple of domains and that too within 24 hours. It was really surprising and very satisfying to have 2 domain sales and that too of five figures! Having couple of five figures that quickly is a personal record. Credit to the hard working brokers and Afternic team.

Both of them happened via Afternic.

First sale was of DarkWallet.com which I originally listed for sale at $29,888 BIN both at Sedo and Afternic. Usually all my pricing is same at every marketplace. The buyer came via Afternic broker and initially offered $20,000. However, after going back and forth, we settled for $25,000 gross.

Next sale was definitely surprising which happened after DarkWallet.com sale where the buyer simply hit the BIN and paid $19,888 for it. The domain was BusinessChecking.com

The total acquisition costs for both domains was around $1,000.

Looks like the start of this new journey of moving to Malaysia has started fantastically well and hope it continues to keep ticking up only.

Feel free to comment no matter how good or good that is 😉

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations on the sales

•••
•••
I could not find any potential end user using Google & dotDB. What prompted you to acquire DarkWallet.com?

I don't think it's right to say that there are NO potential end users for DarkWallet. The term "wallet" is very hot and combination of these two makes it a decent brandable domain. Also any new startup could use this as their brand name IMO. As you must be aware that BitcoinWallet.com sold for $250,000. Though I don't compare domains while making any purchase of pricing/negotiating/selling. Just wanted to share this particular sale as I just recalled now.

•••
•••
All to Uniregistry sales lander with no parking. At the same time listed all at Afternic and Sedo with most of them @BIN.

Which one is your favorite?
BIN + make offer
or
only BIN with no possibility to make an offer?

Congrats!

•••
Which one is your favorite?
BIN + make offer
or
only BIN with no possibility to make an offer?

Congrats!

All my domains having BIN are having BIN only because make offer brings in lot of lowball offers...

•••

It’s been just couple of weeks coming to Malaysia and right after relocating, I sold couple of domains and that too within 24 hours. It was really surprising and very satisfying to have 2 domain sales and that too of five figures! Having couple of five figures that quickly is a personal record. Credit to the hard working brokers and Afternic team.

First sale was of DarkWallet.com which I originally listed for sale at $29,888 BIN both at Sedo and Afternic. Usually all my pricing is same at every marketplace. The buyer came via Afternic broker and initially offered $20,000. However, after going back and forth, we settled for $25,000 gross.

Next sale was definitely surprising which happened after DarkWallet.com sale where the buyer simply hit the BIN and paid $19,888 for it. The domain was BusinessChecking.com

Looks like the start of this new journey of moving to Malaysia has started fantastically well and hope it continues to keep ticking up only.

Congrats for the sales bro and all the best for your new life in Malaysia!

•••
Hope it is not in Ringgit...and in US dollars.
Will go a long way covering your expenses in Msia

•••
•••
Both domains have good quality. Congrats and good luck in your new home.

•••
Congrats Abdul! Impressive sales!

•••
Aslam allekum Though I have congratulated you on yours website but this fan of yours wants to say congratulations to you again... On these great sales and on relocating to malaysia... How's malaysia by the way??

•••
Aslam allekum Though I have congratulated you on yours website but this fan of yours wants to say congratulations to you again... On these great sales and on relocating to malaysia... How's malaysia by the way??

WaAlaikum Salaam,

Thank you dear :)

I've been to Malaysia before also but on holidays. It's much better than Pakistan overall. Though I won't say a perfect country to live but far better in many aspects. Cost of living is low than U.S, Canada, UK, Europe and standard of living is good. NO Tax on foreign income which is great!

Weather is perfect all year and food is great with lots of variety.

•••
WaAlaikum Salaam,

Thank you dear :)

I've been to Malaysia before also but on holidays. It's much better than Pakistan overall. Though I won't say a perfect country to live but far better in many aspects. Cost of living is low than U.S, Canada, UK, Europe and standard of living is good. NO Tax on foreign income which is great!

That's great... Will ask you later about few ideas on domaining and relocating...is food like spicy?? I mean desi food.. I hope you understand what I am saying..

Last edited:
•••
All to Uniregistry sales lander with no parking. At the same time listed all at Afternic and Sedo with most of them @BIN.
Are you happy with Uniregistry ?

•••
Are you happy with Uniregistry ?

Yes, I'm happy user of them. Their interface is great and user-friendly. Also I handle all the leads myself with no parking ads which were worthless and paying almost nothing. Don't need to pay any commission when handling leads myself. Smooth checkout process and about $5250 limit for buyer to make payment via Credit Card and PayPal.

•••
waalaikumussalam brother.

selamat datang ke negaraku wahai sahabat (welcome to my country dear brother)
i hope you'd enjoy your stay. Malaysia has been overlooked and underated which is good for some reasons. however, the weather is not very welcoming as now the hazy smoke from one of our neighboring country is clouding many parts of Malaysia. the smoke is hazardous, so, please take care.

if you are staying nearby Kuala Lumpur(KL), maybe we can meet up having tea or coffee as i quite admire with your performance in domain names sales. i might get some tips from you on how to excel like you do.

have a blast staying in my beloved country!

•••
waalaikumussalam brother.

selamat datang ke negaraku wahai sahabat (welcome to my country dear brother)
i hope you'd enjoy your stay. Malaysia has been overlooked and underated which is good for some reasons. however, the weather is not very welcoming as now the hazy smoke from one of our neighboring country is clouding many parts of Malaysia. the smoke is hazardous, so, please take care.

if you are staying nearby Kuala Lumpur(KL), maybe we can meet up having tea or coffee as i quite admire with your performance in domain names sales. i might get some tips from you on how to excel like you do.

have a blast staying in my beloved country!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Always love the hospitality of Malaysian people.

I'll PM you so we can communicate further.

•••
Got this one when googled...

DEFINITION of Dark Wallet

An open source bitcoin platform designed for the sole purpose of protecting users’ privacy. Dark Wallet is a digital wallet that enables data anonymization by obfuscating bitcoin transactions carried out in the online market space.

•••
I'm really to see this is happening. Thanks for sharing bro. #Congrats.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com Congratulation ! and thank you for sharing, I like your posts :)

•••
Congrats on those great sales! Thanks for sharing.

•••
Darkwallet has value. But at the same time it connotes the “dark” web which is actually a negative connotation so it’s not someplace I would want to park my crypto. Will be interesting to see what comes of the website.

Businesschecking has obvious value but seems a little limited (limited to...”business” checking) although I could see it being used as a site for comparisons between free and other business checking. Maybe a stretch but could be used to...”check” on a business?

What matters to us domainers is that AbdulBasit made two great sales and for that, congratulations! The fact that he made the big sales soon after making a brave move to a foreign country when he most needs to support his family is God working in his life.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations dear friend @AbdulBasit.com

Fantastic sales with fantastic setting up BIN for your names.

I really admire that quality within you. Selection is key I completely understand , but setting up right price is equally important. Your sales history and negotiation skill around your BIN proves you are very good in expecting good ball park range for your various names.

Best of luck for new place and new beginning with family in different country.

Thanks

•••
...It must be rare to have a 5 figure sale directly via a BIN, without negotiation, or is it more common than I think? Bob

I am sure it's far from common even for lower priced sales and especially rare for a 20k name!

Last edited:
•••
Back