IT.COM

sales First.com -- bought for $200,000, and just sold for $200,000 (net of fees)

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
SEC filing reveals that the First.com domain name, which has a cost-basis of $200,000 (i.e. a previously unreported transaction when it was acquired) just sold for proceeds of $200,000 (net of fees):

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1096934/000156459017016024/syte-ex991_6.htm

Additionally, the subsidiary closed on the sale of First.com, a domain name that has been actively marketed since the first quarter of 2016. The domain name had a cost basis of $200,000 and was sold for net proceeds of $200,000 including broker and commission fees paid.

Thus, the price would have actually been slightly higher than $200,000 in its most recent sale, to reflect the broker and commission fees.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think this was a good buy price tbh

•••
•••
Sounds like someone was looking to put money into crypto instead....

•••
•••
It's a fair price to both buyer and seller IMO.

•••
Maybe breaking even in the bloated expectations market equals profit. Some people who lost a lot of money in the stock market night their holdings kept that much value lool.

•••
This is a strong keyword with huge branding potential, could have sold for more.
There is at least one bank that would be the perfect end user.

•••
•••
It is surprising that it did not sell for more.

•••
I, too, will echo the sentiments that $200k seems relatively low given the monster marketing potential of this domain.

•••
He must have needed the money. I wouldn't sell such a strong name for the same price that I bought it unless I really needed the money.

•••
•••
looks like the value of that domain is $200K USD ;)

•••
I think this is a fantastic domain. Which company doesn't want to be "first" in its industry? It can be used for almost any kind of business.

Buyer got a great deal in my opinion.

•••
I think this is a fantastic domain. Which company doesn't want to be "first" in its industry? It can be used for almost any kind of business.

Buyer got a great deal in my opinion.
Agreed, great name cheap price.

Waiting for a Crypto "First Coin" to come out as I have a .co.in that would be a great hack!

•••
First.com for $200k that is cheap.com

•••
agreed i also think it was sold cheap, it has a lot of potential.

•••
•••
Maybe they took the "first" offer.

•••
This is a strong keyword with huge branding potential, could have sold for more.
There is at least one bank that would be the perfect end user.
I think the branding aspect is often overstated by domainers. Beer.com was supposedly a strong branding domain and yet they went out of business.

•••
First.com? There is nowhere I'm selling anything less $1m if I'm the owner. I think the new buyer will be the real profit taker

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back