.us Finally sold a LLL.us to an end user

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Sold PKR.us for $500 on Afternic and since .tv is my main focus I checked and same buyer regged PKR.tv for $750. LOOKS like going to use pkr as a short cut for POKER www.pkr.tv site not developed yet but has some details about a gaming site.

Thanks DB for saying hold on to the .us was getting frustrated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Findacodder said:
Hey, i am the owner of www.pkr.es

maybe its a good name for the spanish market.. that´s also very big!

:lol:

Saw that available yesterday when I got the .ca, Good luck with it :tu:

•••
-db- said:
IMHO, you are.

Of course it depends on what your definition of "much" is, and like most any other extension it also depends on the letter quality/combination and possible acronyms.

There are people that still think .us, .biz and .info are not worth anything. Meanwhile all 3 extensions continue to rack up nice sales and carve out their niche on the web.

If you are comparing them to the same name in the .com extension, then no, they are not worth nearly as much. The gap continues to shrink however, as all 3 extensions grow in recognition, and there is no sign of that stopping.

I highlight this bit, because what I was referring to were 3 letter .US not the extensions in general. In general, 3 Letter .US domains don't rack up nice sales and carve out their niche on the web. Niche? They sell for betewwn $6 and $50 mostly

Last edited:
•••
Premium said:
:lol:

Saw that available yesterday when I got the .ca, Good luck with it :tu:

I asked that domain a few days ago, but was pending until today that i acredited the payment....
I registered because theres an spanish company with those capital letters.

But, maybe now can use it in other way hehehe

Findacodder said:
I asked that domain a few days ago, but was pending until today that i acredited the payment....
I registered because theres an spanish company with those capital letters.

But, maybe now can use it in other way hehehe

Just as additional info i searched and found:

PKR is an acronym for:

Packrat Long Range Patrol vehicle // Governmental->Military
Pakistani Rupee // Regional->Currencies
Pokhara, Nepal // Regional->Airport Codes
Protein Kinase Rna // Medical->Human Genome
Public Keyring (PGP) // Computing->File Extensions

PKR
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the Pakistani Rupee.

Investopedia Says: The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion.

•••
Jiblob said:
.... 3 Letter .US domains don't rack up nice sales and carve out their niche on the web.
They do! Just because you haven't seen or heard about them doesn't mean they don't happen. I don't mean that to sound rude, I'm just saying that you would have to follow the extension more closely to be aware. It also depends on your definition of "nice" sales.

Jiblob said:
Niche? They sell for betewwn $6 and $50 mostly

Only if you are talking about resellers selling to other resellers, and/or less than great letter combinations. Send any serious .US investor a list of great letter combinations at $6 to $50 and they will likely purchase every one, and take you out for a nice dinner as a thank you.

Personally I've sold 3 letter .US domains to private end users up to $X,XXX and there are many people that have sold them higher than me. Even my reseller to reseller sales of great quality combinations & acronyms have been anywhere from $200-$750. Some of favorite sales to other resellers include names like - PhD.us, OLD.us, Dev.us, SUK.us and many more. I can't recall exact prices of each one off the top of my head, but I assure you it was not $50.

You also have to remember that many sales take place outside the forum, in private, and are never reported or publicized. Those who follow the .US closely are aware of many of these sales from their own circle of friends and associates.

Anyway, I'm talking about great letter combinations, not junk. Yes, junk sells for $6.

EDIT: Actually, Junk.us sold for $1,595 :p (hehe, sorry I couldn't resist)
*During the edit I also removed a domain/price for my buyer's privacy.

Last edited:
•••
question here,, now when you regg a .us domain ... you must sign the Tos agrrement and it clearly states thats the purchase of the domain name may not be for business, so selling them is not against the rules???? could this come and haunt people who sell .us names later in the future.?????????
has their been any court cases in regard to this????

•••
-db- said:
Send any serious .US investor a list of great letter combinations at $6 to $50 and they will likely purchase every one, and take you out for a nice dinner as a thank you.
:lol: I'm not a Serious.US investor, I do have a fair number of low quality LLL and several other .US names that I continue to purchase. I'D take that in a second! (maybe not the dinner though :hehe: )

You do really need to study the extension and follow the reported sales before making all inclusive statements. :wave:

•••
westblock said:
I'D take that in a second! (maybe not the dinner though :hehe: )

Oh, so you would buy their names but you wouldn't treat them to dinner?

westblock, you cheapskate! :lol: Not even McDonalds? :hehe:

harpo said:
... you must sign the Tos agrrement and it clearly states thats the purchase of the domain name may not be for business...
Paul, where did you read that it can't be for business?

•••
equity78 said:
Sold PKR.us for $500 on Afternic and since .tv is my main focus I checked and same buyer regged PKR.tv for $750. LOOKS like going to use pkr as a short cut for POKER www.pkr.tv site not developed yet but has some details about a gaming site.

Thanks DB for saying hold on to the .us was getting frustrated.

Congrats on your sale. Sold a LLLL.us last week for $5000.

Last edited:
•••
todalen said:
Sold a LLLL.us last week for $5000.

I know, and it's driving me crazy that I can't tell anybody about it..... yet. :o

Congratulations again Dan. :sold:

•••
interesting is that if this person is acquiring all the exensions .. and paying decent money..that why does he have pkr.com listed at greatdomains for $15k with probably a reserve of $7,500-$10,000 after spending $5,500 on the .org $500 on the .us and $750 on the .tv ?? Maybe I should buy it and sell it back to him for $20,000 ++

jim

•••
It probably just means that the ex-owner of pkr.com hasn't told great domains that it has already been sold... I have names listed on GreatDomains.com right now that have expired, just haven't bothered to take them off of GD yet ;)
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
... I have names listed on GreatDomains.com right now that have expired, just haven't bothered to take them off of GD yet ;)
-Allan

Why don't you PM the names :)

jim

•••
-db- said:
Oh, so you would buy their names but you wouldn't treat them to dinner?

westblock, you cheapskate! :lol: Not even McDonalds? :hehe:
Well, Lunch at Micky D's? - OK :tu:

Gotta save my nickles for my .US & .TV's...

•••
Hey Guys,

It was ages ago that this post was posted, but check out their site:

http://www.PKR.com

PKR, Looks SWEET! :hehe:

Quite an investment getting all of those domains, but their site looks fantastic and their Poker Room 3D Idea really looks like the real deal.

I wish I had the money to develop something as big as that!

- Luke :)

•••
oh..how come dint ntice this sale in namepros lately..kekkee

opps now i notice.. 2005

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back