NameSilo

domain Fightr.com Closr.com Toddlr.com Biggr.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards so please forgive me if I've broken protocol by posting improperly. Hopefully I haven't put too many names into this thread, if so I apologize in advance. I'm cleaning out my domain portfolio and would love to get some $xxx style appraisals from the resident experts here at NamePros. I've seen many of the other appraisals and you guys are really good at being honest and I'm expecting nothing less than that with this appraisal.

I've owned these domains for quite some time and I'm the first registrant and owner on all but 5 of these names. I've included some information that may help you out as well. Note that I have not included search volumes on these names due to the fact that they're brandable names and not names I'd expect anyone to type in directly (although amazingly I've seen type-in traffic at namedrive on all of these names). I have been letting nearly all of them sit idle (didn't even park them) until last Tuesday when a friend recommended I park them somewhere to see what kind of traffic and revenue they generate. That's when I parked them at NameDrive. None of them are banned from AdSense or blacklisted from Google or any other search engine. I privatized them late last year in order to reduce the amount of unwanted mail I was getting from people wanting to buy the names.

Advertisr.com: 3 years 9 months
Biggr.com: 3 years 9 months
Blundr.com: 3 years 9 months
Bordr.com: 3 years 9 months
Closr.com: 3 years 9 months
Constructr.com: 3 years 9 months
Crackr.com: 3 years 9 months
Creamr.com: 3 years 5 months
Cuttr.com: 2 years (2nd registrant)
Dancr.com: 3 years 9 months
Detectr.com: 3 years 9 months (domaintools.com says it dropped but it didn't)
Fightr.com: 3 years 7 months
Inflictr.com: 3 years 9 months
Loggr.com: 1 year 11 mos (2nd registrant)
Newslettr.com: 3 years 9 months
Peakr.com: 3 years 5 months
Prisonr.com: 3 years 5 months
Reachr.com: 3 years 9 months
Reflectr.com: 3 years 9 months (2nd registrant)
Smokr.com: 3 years 9 months (3rd registrant)
Strippr.com: 3 years 9 months
Tightr.com: 3 years 7 months (also own the .org)
Toddlr.com: 3 years 5 months
Wreckr.com: 3 years 9 months (3rd registrant)

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your brutally honest feedback ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like advertisr, crackr and strippr the most from the lot and for some strange reason I quite like blundr too, it seems catchy.

As for appraisals, I can't really give any estimates on such brandables as it's worth what ever an end user is willing to pay for it, but I probably wouldn't accept anything lower than low $xxx for most of them.

A few I don't really like though are;

peakr, prisonr, smokr and tightr.

•••
Thanks for the feedback cwinhall. I sold one from my collection yesterday (I did not put the name in here since it was sold) and it went for mid $x,xxx. Not sure why but there seems to be renewed interest in the web2.0 drop the last vowel names again.

•••
Update: closr.com has been sold for mid $x,xxx

•••
Hi, was this a private sale or a public platform ?

If you sell the rest of these for mid $xxxx you have made a brilliant investment. Good Luck.

•••
Thanks Exsedo, I'll keep this thread updated as I sell them ;)

•••
exsedo, sorry I didn't see your first question, I was at lunch on my iPhone :( It was a private sale, I have not listed any of the names in any auctions or advertised them anywhere. The only place I've posted them is here hoping I might get a few appraisals.

•••
How are these selling so much? Am I missing something... mid x,xxx? You need to teach me how to sell ;) I would of called them reg fee...

•••
Perhaps the secret to my success with these names has been that I registered the majority of them after Flickr was acquired by Yahoo! on a hunch that domains with the last vowel dropped (and ending with the letter "r") might start to become popular. I guess I was right because I'm getting a good bit of interest from startups looking for a short, easy to remember, brandable name. Other than that all I can say is that God is blessing me in spite of myself.

•••
Some of these names like Fightr.com are brandable, but if you sold one of these for mid $X,XXX then you must be a magician.

Brad

•••
I wish I owned ****r or Twatter, but I wouldn't spend x,xxx on it. Ok... maybe twatter.

•••
bmugford: I'm no magician that's for sure. But honestly, I'm surprised by the results I've gotten thus far as well. The only logical explanation I can think of is that due to the down economy, many smaller startups are honing their products and preparing for launch and need a brandable name. Most are probably not VC funded and something in the mid $x,xxx range is as much as they can spend on their domain. Being that so many startups use this kind of naming convention for their company, it's the only thing I can think of.

And I'm not joking when I say that I haven't solicited anyone. I remember back in 1999 when I sold globalaudio.com for $2,750 thinking to my self that I can't believe I sold a domain name for that much money. I know only a few of the above names, except for ones like fightr.com, have a root keyword in them so they're not going to be immediately monetizable... that being said, brand names are the only way I see people using them, which is exactly why I registered them after Flickr was acquired.

Not sure if that helps but its all I got ;)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back