Dynadot

question FastHost check in! Who has been using FastHost?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi there!

Just curious to know who has been infected by ACUTE OVER REGISTRATION SYNDROME thanks to Fast Host..

I'll start.

I contracted the syndrome on NOV 2016 and so far it has not shown any sign of remission...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a secret. I have a few names there.

•••
Yeah... guilty can't beat the dollar tree ;)

•••
i've been thinking of getting in myself

questions - is it also a $1 for transfer

•••
i've been thinking of getting in myself

questions - is it also a $1 for transfer

Unfortunately not, I have tried and it shows full price.
Unless something has changed in the recent past

•••
its full price to transfer, checked yesterday

•••
darn too bad,

is there a limit on $1 purchases?

•••
darn too bad,

is there a limit on $1 purchases?

No url..there is also a more official FH thread somewhere in the forum for all the info you might have ( well maybe not all of them lol )

•••
I just bought a domain through this registrar. Everything seemed to be running smoothly. I selected the domain, paid, entered my contact details, created a password. They ask to confirm my phone number to contact me.

No, I guess since today is Sunday they will contact me on a business day for confirm details? I still cannot sign in, although I now have officially register a name with them.

I really don't get why some registrars make it so difficult to do business with them. No wonder GoDaddy is #1, everything seems so smooth compared to others.

•••
I just bought a domain through this registrar. Everything seemed to be running smoothly. I selected the domain, paid, entered my contact details, created a password. They ask to confirm my phone number to contact me.

No, I guess since today is Sunday they will contact me on a business day for confirm details? I still cannot sign in, although I now have officially register a name with them.

I really don't get why some registrars make it so difficult to do business with them. No wonder GoDaddy is #1, everything seems so smooth compared to others.

The verification process, I was told, is because they were getting tons and tons of spammers and spam and they had to put something in place.

As for the phone call best thing is to contact them. Call them at their phone number and they will verify you in a few minutes most likely without asking for documents etc.

As for why they make it so difficult,for me and many was not difficult at all but we also have to remember that asking for IDs etc is a very common practice fro registrars in Europe .

This is a support message I received not long ago when I asked for more explanations

"We always attempt to call the Customer when an order has come through and is flagged up.

If the call is not picked up, we then email the Customer and ask for forms of identity.

We have had to roll this out due to the number of people that were buying domain names and then causing issues by spamming. This new method of verifying customers has helped reduce the amount of fraudulent accounts being created."

Just call them. Easy

•••
just opened an account the other name, they said they would call within an hour (i twas 3:00am there time) but they didn't. the next day i got a verification email and all was good.

im assuming they have a 60 day no transfer policy. does this affect for account changes to another fasthost account holder (push)

•••
im assuming they have a 60 day no transfer policy. does this affect for account changes to another fasthost account holder (push)

Not that I am aware of :xf.smile:

•••
just opened an account the other name, they said they would call within an hour (i twas 3:00am there time) but they didn't. the next day i got a verification email and all was good.

You can push, no wait needed. Just can't transfer out til 60days

•••
i wonder if they are going to come up with a discounted renewal coupon to slow the bleed when all these names come up for renewal

•••
i wonder if they are going to come up with a discounted renewal coupon to slow the bleed when all these names come up for renewal
I doubt it. But one can hope.

•••
Question. I am in the ID verification process with them and they want me to call. They provided me with this number:

0333 0142 703

I am calling from the US and dialing +44 and the above number, but not getting through. What am I doing wrong?

•••
Question. I am in the ID verification process with them and they want me to call. They provided me with this number:

0333 0142 703

I am calling from the US and dialing +44 and the above number, but not getting through. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried to remove the first 0?

•••
•••
•••
how come i didnt have to call?

•••
Yes. I was calling earlier today and their site also says they can be contacted by phone 24 hours. Thanks for the help. I was thinking maybe I am missing a city code or something. I'll try again tomorrow.

upload_2017-3-15_0-53-54.png

•••
Yes. I was calling earlier today and their site also says they can be contacted by phone 24 hours. Thanks for the help. I was thinking maybe I am missing a city code or something. I'll try again tomorrow.

Show attachment 52116

Call sales...sales always answer in every support I had to call!

•••
Hard to verify account.

But, now I have over 30 domains in here :)

•••
have u sold any domains registered at FH...;)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back