IT.COM

debate Facebook trying to steal my domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mani0307

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
Hello everyone!
Facebook.com trying to steal my domains: NoviCoin.co and NoviPay.co and they sent me 2nd notice:
Screenshot_20210908_220737.jpg

Screenshot_20210908_220750.jpg

I noticed NoviPay.com currently for sale at dan price $699,999
And many companies using "Novi".

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Facebook is very AGGRESSIVE protect IP.

“NoviCoin” is their coin! stop copying them.

They even own Novi.com!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Facebook is very AGGRESSIVE protect IP.

“NoviCoin” is their coin! stop copying them.

They even own Novi.com!

Samer
I thought Novi is the wallet?

Still it is blatant from the OP.......

Last edited:
•••
If Facebook has a trademark and you registered after there trademark was filed they are in the right fyi.

•••
Facebook actually put a registrar out of business over hiding the identity of cybersquatter who blatantly abuse FB IP, Nick!

Amazing, for one to pick a name that blatant to make me pick Facebook’s side. LOL

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Facebook actually put a registrar out of business over hiding the identity of cybersquatter who blatantly abuse FB IP, Nick!

Amazing, for one to pick a name that blatant to make me pick Facebook’s side. LOL

Samer
Yeah they don't mess around - if it was me I would be transferring them the domains as a "gift" and telling them where they can stick it, no point in racking up the bills in this instance.......

Edit - I despise FB but in this case as you said they are in the right........

Last edited:
•••
•••
From the notice and FB, it's you who is trying to steal their domains not the other way around.

I think you waited too long (second notice) to give them the domains. It's a lose lose situation.

Good luck and stay out of troubles.

•••
pick-your-battles.jpg

No pun intended... :whistle:

Last edited:
•••
Speaking from experience I had an affiliate domain that could have been percieved as at least borderline infringement I lucked into selling it to ESPN's brand management company but most of the time it's best to avoid any such risk. Honestly I had a previous partnership with ESPN for a sports media site may have played a role in them playing nice. Just don't squat on IP is my advice.

•••
I hate FB but they may be right.
If FB created this TM and you reg this names based on that, give them the names.
Also make sure the e-mail comes from the proper domain and not some scammer trying to trick you so you give the names free of charge.

•••
I hadn't heard of NOVI until now. I read this thread, I Googled novi and it came up with "novi from Facebook" as the top result (novi.com).

I agree with @Zanok in that you should pick your battles and this isn't one of them.

This is what happens when people jump on these bandwagons (reminds me of "Libra")... everyone jumps on these things and makes no money out of it. I'd recommend creating your own thing, it's honestly easier, more satisfying and not least more lucrative.

•••
NP should add a new rule by not allow "XXXX steal my names" in the title.

•••
Unfortunately, I have to side with Facebook on this one.

"Novi" is a registered trademark of Facebook, inc. for use with financial services. Your best course of action is to comply with the request and transfer the domain to Facebook's team. Any judge in a court of law is very likely going to side with Facebook here. This is not a battle you want to fight in my opinion.

novi-trademark.png

Screenshot Source: Trademarkia

•••
Are these your best domains?
How many of such do you have?

•••
it might depend on where fb has their tm. i think mani0307 is in pakistan. fb's tm may not be outside of the usa and europe. it's all in the datails. btw fb nor anyone else can claim sole ownership of the word...novi. anyone can use it, fb only has tm protection in a certain niche. Novi is a digital wallet created by Facebook. It allows users to easily send and receive money in Diem, DiemUSD, or XUS digital currencies. Novi Financial, a regulated financial company, is a subsidiary of Facebook, Inc. and is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. i think that novicoinwallet.info may be for sale on gd. are they going to try to intimidate him as well? i think the owner is in india. they might be trying to scare you in to giving it up. epik registered it for you. they contacted you through epik. maybe you should contact epik and see what they have to say first. http://www.novicoinwallet.info/

•••
•••
it might depend on where fb has their tm. i think mani0307 is in pakistan. fb's tm may not be outside of the usa and europe. it's all in the datails. btw fb nor anyone else can claim sole ownership of the word...novi. anyone can use it, fb only has tm protection in a certain niche. Novi is a digital wallet created by Facebook. It allows users to easily send and receive money in Diem, DiemUSD, or XUS digital currencies. Novi Financial, a regulated financial company, is a subsidiary of Facebook, Inc. and is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. i think that novicoinwallet.info may be for sale on gd. are they going to try to intimidate him as well? i think the owner is in india. they might be trying to scare you in to giving it up. epik registered it for you. they contacted you through epik. maybe you should contact epik and see what they have to say first. http://www.novicoinwallet.info/

Problem is Pakistan is the worst example.

They censor like there’s no tomorrow.

Recently, blocked TikTok for “immoral content” — Tinder also LOL. 21st century internet rights

Facebook, Youtube were blocked in Pakistan, wouldnt shock, if they were, again.

Like saying China: “doesnt have Google tm” knowing they left China, couldnt handle censor — Or “Facebook doesnt own China TM” —Facebook not allowed in China; STILL • LOL

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, I have to side with Facebook on this one.

"Novi" is a registered trademark of Facebook, inc. for use with financial services. Your best course of action is to comply with the request and transfer the domain to Facebook's team. Any judge in a court of law is very likely going to side with Facebook here. This is not a battle you want to fight in my opinion.

novi-trademark.png

Screenshot Source: Trademarkia
Agree, novicoin(.co ) is only 39 days old.

Last edited:
•••
Facebook IP & DNS Enforment Group
Legal Dept.
Facebook, Inc.

Maybe watch this thread

•••
Facebook IP & DNS Enforment Group
Legal Dept.
Facebook, Inc.

Maybe watch this thread

The title is in poor taste.
Only one “stealing” is the OP of FB’s rep / IP.

LOL @ “territory IP excuse 🤣
Some domainers will justify all ip infringements

Last edited:
•••
Problem is Pakistan is the worst example.

They censor like there’s no tomorrow.

Recently, blocked TikTok for “immoral content” — Tinder also LOL.

Facebook, Youtube used to be blocked in Pakistan, and wouldnt shock, if they get again.

That’s like saying China
“China doesnt have Google tm” knowing Google left China, censored by Chinese 24/7 — Or “Facebook doesnt own China TM” — Ditto for Facebook in China; unable not allowed
it gets complicated doesn't it. the owner is in another country and fb and epik which sold the name and made a small profit from the sale are both based in the us. but back to trademarks, they are tricky things. it all comes down to national, regional or worldwide and niche. even apple and mcdonald's don't own 'apple' and 'mcdonald's'.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hi, IMO if domains are considered/pretend becoming a business assets - than it could be that FB marketing team skipped over their duty obtaining all versions of their TM domain - through purposely existing registrars and without ignoring nTLD development business and markets. Domaining could be considered pioneering into business, research or social sciences and certainly not "selling a place in the waiting line" as sounds from the FB official handing over request. Additionally as affiliation is common in online business then maybe their/other big companies marketing policies could deliver a model for some coordinated, verified business distribution as those affiliations are usually detached in terms of branding...
BTW. maybe Rob Monster will like this :)

Last edited:
•••
Turn the names over as this is classic cybersquatting. You should know better. They have a NOVI trademark in the financial category. NOVICOIN cannot be used in any other category and you have no leg to stand on but too much pride. You bought these hoping they would come calling and they did.

•••
Back