IT.COM

question Facebook messaged me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sheries11

Established Member
Impact
Today, I received a message from Facebook legal department, regarding a domain name that I own which is like : ***ofacebook.com

They said : domain name may be infringing on a trademark for Facebook, and i should respond early for importance.
--

I believe that the domain name is *** of acebook ( acebook is not a trademark ) i replied with this part included, and I asked if they would want to buy it.

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This post reminds me of the hilarious site SlutsOfInstagram.com - or, as the owner wanted it, SlutsofInStagram.com, narrating the adventures of duck princess "Slütsof" in the magical kingdom of Stagram.

Still available on WebArchive web.archive dot org/web/20200723014028/http://www.slutsofinstagram.com/

Last edited:
•••
Picture0001.png

I was thinking about acebook.com and it got me to thinking.

What if I had a site called DateBook.com and it was a dating platform members site.
Now a DateBook is probably a real thing and many people throughout history have had one.

There are probably instances like this where facebook would have a tough time challenging the similar trademark.

We all know there is no such thing as an acebook but a datebook?

You'd go broke trying to defend it in court and I think avoiding a UDRP would be relatively easy.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking about acebook.com and it got me to thinking.
The problem is not "acebook", the problem is the domain containing "facebook".
Your example, DateBook, has clearly two words, date + book.
Facebook don't have any trademark for Datebook.
In my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back