Dynadot
Namecheap

Sheries11

Established Member
Impact
Today, I received a message from Facebook legal department, regarding a domain name that I own which is like : ***ofacebook.com

They said : domain name may be infringing on a trademark for Facebook, and i should respond early for importance.
--

I believe that the domain name is *** of acebook ( acebook is not a trademark ) i replied with this part included, and I asked if they would want to buy it.

Any thoughts?

Sheries11

Established Member
Impact
I bought the domain for it's SEO value .. and I'm redirecting it to another website .. no any purpose to use their trademark. it wouldn't even show in the address bar as it is redirected.

The guys are nice, they only asked to contact them before they do any actions .. you people here seem too scared. I DON'T HAVE ANY INTENTION TO USE THEIR TRADEMARK.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
BestLawyerInAmerica-33.jpg

My advice would be to get the best team of lawyers money can buy, remortgage the house and throw everything you can at them.

On the off chance that you win you will still own a worthless domain.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Would they prefer to pay 5000 : 10000 of dollars suing me? while I'm fine selling it for a $1000 ?

Paying you sets a precedence and every john, dick and henry will register similar domains if they pay you out.

Trust me, they will not pay you, they will sue you.

You are fighting a losing battle.

Keep your house, hug your kids, drop the domain, and move on with your life.

Last edited:
Acebook is a domain still that belongs to them, if you visited the address it would redirect you to Facebook, however ( Acebook.com ) doesn't have a Trademark.
Unfortunately that's not the way the world works. They use the similarity to determine whether it is infringing on their actual marks.

Last edited:
Would they prefer to pay 5000 : 10000 of dollars suing me? while I'm fine selling it for a $1000 ?

I think what typically happens is they'll file a UDRP by simply copying the prior complaint they filed against a cybersquatter/typosquatter, and replace the domain in the old complaint with your domain, and pay the $600-$1,000 ADRForum fee or WIPO fee. There is no incentive to pay the registrant.

They can also file the same UDRP for 20 domains at the same time, if registered by the same registrant.