IT.COM

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He said “New investors beware and never buy/register .xyz domains.” but it worked for me and many others. The only explanation is that you are all frustrated because you don't sell your domains.

I think it's not too hard to see why the person with the largest portfolio of .xyz, with thousands of ultra-premium one-word domains (standard renewal), has sold far more than any other investor.

Also, .xyz domains became associated with trending technologies such as the metaverse and NFTs, it's logical to assume that their value and demand rose during the peak of these trends.
From someone that owns numerous high quality 2 word dotcoms (some with very good traffic) that are entire multimillion dolar industries you can't explain how someone would jump on an xyz domain when the world has no idea it even exists! In truth 90% of the U.S. Internet users are not aware .US is even a domain extension! So why would .xyz spread like wildfire from only 1 match???

•••
Also, .xyz domains became associated with trending technologies such as the metaverse and NFTs, it's logical to assume that their value and demand rose during the peak of these trends.
As far as I remember, many of the domains Swetha posted were not related to those fields and two words domain names shown sold at a ridiculous price at which no sane person would buy at even the same price in .org /.io / .ai extensions.
Even good single word names in top tld's sell for lesser price compared to them.
It's as though someone threatened them with a pistol on the head and forced them to buy at that level. If not, they themselves buy their own domains (easier way 😂)

Last edited:
•••
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!
I think we can ignore Mike views saying she is not real, he himself afraid to accept her challenge few months back.

If he is so sure, why he didn't accept her challenge?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-06-22-28-13-549_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-06-22-28-13-549_com.twitter.android.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 290
•••
I think we can ignore Mike views saying she is not real, he himself afraid to accept her challenge few months back.

He is right it has nothing to do with him
He is asking her to prove herself

And doesn't mean if she can get on camera "her" sales are legit

•••

I was in on that thread. I had Mike's back 100%! When she threw that out there I thought that would do it. Mike went silent directly after that for sometime. I took it as she was legit and maybe he was going to back off.

He is in the best place in the world to know what's up in this industry. The underlings like myself follow and listen as if it was a UFO sighting but in truth there is smoke. And where there is smoke....

•••
Last edited:
•••
He is right it has nothing to do with him
He is asking her to prove herself

And doesn't mean if she can get on camera "her" sales are legit
So he is not 100% sure on what he is saying? Mike himself said 2 days back, there is no swetha , Daniel is swetha! It seems he is clueless and confused state.

Screenshot_2023-06-06-22-38-12-500_com.android.chrome.jpg

•••
doesn't make Swetha's sales less fishy

•••
•••
So the XYZ registry founder and owner allegedly spent extra time and money to go to auction platforms and collect valuable domains one by one instead of directly make them registry reserved with one click after drop?

Because even now, XYZ registry is trying to sell premium domain names in its system at high prices with high renew fees.

Other than that, has anyone ever had a voice or video call with Swetha?

•••
So the XYZ registry founder and owner allegedly spent extra time and money to go to auction platforms and collect valuable domains one by one instead of directly make them registry reserved with one click after drop?
No.

He listed the registry owned domains with BIN and then bought his own domains. He had to pay the listing platform a commission but that’s peanuts compared to the new registrations created by the scam.

This is all just what supposedly happened of course ;)

Last edited:
•••
Is there anything actually fishy because this seems more like jealousy.

•••
Is there anything actually fishy because this seems more like jealousy.
Think dead carp in the middle of an asphalt street 3 days old 100 degrees outside. That is exactly what is going on.

Jealousy never entered the room. Many, many domainers however question this because their working knowledge of domaining tells them this makes zero sense. Zero.

•••
I do not understand all this negativity for Swetha.

Especially after Michael Sumner (from Namebio) claims to have had a look into her Afternic account to verify sales. https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

If you have a lot of .xyz premium names, you can expect to sell some of them at high prices. Most people do not have quality (premium) domains in such large quantities and are apparently unable to fathom her success.

•••
.xyz sales are fake & scam. I have one word xyz names which are taken in 100+ extensions with no sales and views ( listed in all the marketplaces)
Not selling even for $20 😂🤣.

New investors beware and never buy/register .xyz domains.

I m here to buy all your "one word xyz names which are taken in 100+ extensions" for $20

Rdy whenever you are!!

•••
•••
On top of all the other factors there is one simple fact. She's been doubling and tripling her portfolio since 2014-2015 (that's when she supposedly started to grow it) despite no sales whatsoever until 2021. And you simply don't do this - as a domainer, businessman, investor - whatever - that's an extremely anti logical thing. She had to pay a million at least already in renewals until she started seriously ''selling'' (put it in brackets for purpose) something.

Imagine you don't sell anything for years (talking about large purchases obviously, considering size of her portfolio), not a single word domain (which cost millions in .com) and for years - would you go ahead and buy more 2- words, misspells, numbers? (I analyzed her portfolio once - there were lots of very weird and simply bad names). Would you? No, you wouldn't do this. No person in their mind would.

And if, let's say, you ''believe'' in tld (how she claimed) and still have some funds to burn - you probably would leave maybe a 1000 cool single-word names, and that's it, and you'll cut the rest and go diversify your portfolio (another thing she never did, and that's extremely weird approach of not buying .com or any other extention), which, amongst the other factors bring me to a simple conclusion -

you only go more and more and more into the only one tld constantly buying if you are really backed up, connected and associated with this tld by somehow, or ... if you are this tld.

Last edited:
•••
I looked at some of the highest price .xyz sales from 2022 by Swetha.

bull can't be reached.
sino forwards to the .com.
wrap still has the Dan sold page.
sportsbet has a sign in page. For what, no idea.
bolt is a blank page.
pixels is a game. Has 116k followers on Twitter.
conduit is a crypto website. Apparently raised $7M.
momentum can't be reached.

•••
Especially after Michael Sumner (from Namebio) claims to have had a look into her Afternic account to verify sales.
It’s a look into an account that could’ve been created by anyone. I highly doubt it came with a drivers license pic..

Last edited:
•••
It’s a look into an account that could’ve been created by anyone. I highly doubt it came with a drivers license pic..
Tru dat. Hey is it time for a petition to see if she responds? If it's his neighbors' sister what could be proven?

•••
I looked at some of the highest price .xyz sales from 2022 by Swetha.

bull can't be reached.
sino forwards to the .com.
wrap still has the Dan sold page.
sportsbet has a sign in page. For what, no idea.
bolt is a blank page.
pixels is a game. Has 116k followers on Twitter.
conduit is a crypto website. Apparently raised $7M.
momentum can't be reached.
I wish I could say that meant something but I see more names that bring good prices of all types point at nothing. Years and years old for big prices to! Norhing. The lookup was cool you did it. If they did buy an .xyz they better developed before the rot sets in.

•••
She had to pay a million at least already in renewals until she started seriously ''selling'' (put it in brackets for purpose) something.
She obviously never paid for renewals. This must have been the 5 or 7 year XYZ plan lol.

I mean seriously when was the last time you have visited an XYZ website? Me never like the 99.99% of people.

Last edited:
•••
On top of all the other factors there is one simple fact. She's been doubling and tripling her portfolio since 2014-2015 (that's when she supposedly started to grow it) despite no sales whatsoever until 2021. And you simply don't do this - as a domainer, businessman, investor - whatever - that's an extremely anti logical thing. She had to pay a million at least already in renewals until she started seriously ''selling'' (put it in brackets for purpose) something.

Imagine you don't sell anything for years (talking about large purchases obviously, considering size of her portfolio), not a single word domain (which cost millions in .com) and for years - would you go ahead and buy more 2- words, misspells, numbers? (I analyzed her portfolio once - there were lots of very weird and simply bad names). Would you? No, you wouldn't do this. No person in their mind would.

And if, let's say, you ''believe'' in tld (how she claimed) and still have some funds to burn - you probably would leave maybe a 1000 cool single-word names, and that's it, and you'll cut the rest and go diversify your portfolio (another thing she never did, and that's extremely weird approach of not buying .com or any other extention), which, amongst the other factors bring me to a simple conclusion -

you only go more and more and more into the only one tld constantly buying if you are really backed up, connected and associated with this tld by somehow, or ... if you are this tld.
Excellent points made!

•••
Don’t know either way. Took a look at some sales, lots of crypto/nft sales, generic but well known company names like paramount, clubhouse not so generic names like Clinique, so companies that have money.

So for this to be a scam, Daniel would have to be smarter than the rest of the domaining community, which based on his past history, is hard to believe. Because I haven’t seen anybody definitively take this apart.

Last edited:
•••
I do not understand all this negativity for Swetha.

Especially after Michael Sumner (from Namebio) claims to have had a look into her Afternic account to verify sales. https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

If you have a lot of .xyz premium names, you can expect to sell some of them at high prices. Most people do not have quality (premium) domains in such large quantities and are apparently unable to fathom her success.
So you go to a National Corvette show and all the 1985 Vettes are selling at sky high prices while the '67 tri power 427 aluminum head side pipe Marboro Red Air conditioned 4 speed L88 gets no attention. Wouldn't happen on this planet or any other. That kind of deal is what some of us feel.

Something along those lines.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back