Domain Empire

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I saw this, but where is the actual evidence?

Without evidence, it sounds more like a claim based on personal incredulity.

would not be the first time people posted BS sales like a 2 word ''handreg like'' domain that sells for abot 97k ,I think this whole industry is full of crap ,you got a company like godaddy selling premium domains that are not even registered anymore ,thats like a stock that went bankrupt and there still selling shares , by the way I dumped all my godaddy stock yesterday ,bought verisign stock and tesla leaps with the profits

•••
I think Google is secretly Swetha.

My bullshit argument: because mainly after Google renaming its mother company to Alphabet and then registering abc.xyz to be its mother companies homepage, .xyz gTLD got a huge boost in popularity. Without abc.xyz Swetha wouldn't be Swetha.

Hence, Google = Swetha (proved by bullshit logic).

Joke apart, are some Swetha activities mysterious? Absolutely.
Does that mean anything that comes to the mind of anybody about Swetha is true? Absolutely not.

I don't know who Swetha actually is. My best guess is: it's a pen name of someone else. Anything beyond that is pure speculation.
1686109663260.png
1686109669249.png

I think swetha reminds me of these

Last edited:
•••
Just to prove your point that .xyz sells and has value you are ready to pay $20 😂.
If you believe .xyz has value why not buy for 4 digits? You can clearly see Swetha sells single word domains for five digits 🤔. If you really believe .xyz sells for $xx,xxx or $xxxxxx and promise to spend $6000-$9000 I will give you a single word name taken in 174 extensions.
I have not set auto renewal for any. xyz and let dropped the. xyz domains. So if you were still hungry after buying the above name I will check and pass the other 100+ ext domains as well 😂.

I don’t care proving any point in here. My buyers aren’t in this thread.
This is exactly what you did, by saying that you can sell your domains for $20, while you don’t intend to…🤣
At least I meant what I wrote…

I never said xyz domains sell for xxxxx or xxxxxx. There may be a small chance, but of course I wouldn’t pay xxxx for that.

Personally, I have made around 25k out of xyz sales, during the past 1,5 years, with initial capital of 2k.
I really don’t care whether Swetha is legit or not, but I m really thankful to this person

Last edited:
•••
I can understand some people's frustration.
I too haven't had much sales since the last 5 months.
Let's all pray god.

1686118908899.png

Last edited:
•••
I never said xyz domains sell for xxxxx or xxxxxx. There may be a small chance, but of course I wouldn’t pay xxxx for that.
That's the main point of this discussion 😂

•••
High prices of Mike Mann sales are also unbelievable !

Many things could be unbelievable but true...

Last edited:
•••
So the XYZ registry founder and owner allegedly spent extra time and money to go to auction platforms and collect valuable domains one by one instead of directly make them registry reserved with one click after drop?

Because even now, XYZ registry is trying to sell premium domain names in its system at high prices with high renew fees.

Other than that, has anyone ever had a voice or video call with Swetha?
She's been invited twice onto Domain Sherpa, but hasn't responded.

•••
•••

Who is "I"?

I, D N egar

:unsure:

•••
Especially after Michael Sumner (from Namebio) claims to have had a look into her Afternic account to verify sales. https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

For me, that was the most shady thing in the whole conundrum. Who in their right mind would agree to something like that? Only someone who had a point to push through, and a meticulously prepared "backstory". I'm not taking sides and I don't particularly care for .xyz's success or failure, just saying.

•••
Let's all pray god.

Show attachment 239597

Selling your domains with high prices, even if in a different extension than .com, it is good for all the domainers, because you're raising the prices for all of us. I don't understand all the hate towards you...

We're not living good times now when it comes to selling domain names, and instead of uniting our brains to find new ways of promoting our names to sell more, we're fighting each other.

The constant look in others' gardens and the negativity against fellow domainers can't bring anything good.

You're lucky selling something in the last 5 months because you have a large and valuable portfolio. With a small portfolio, I have not sold anything since the autumn of 2022, and it is the first time since I started domaining at the end of 2017 when I need to pay/struggle to renew the domains from my pocket.

Things will be better in the future, I'm sure... so maybe it would be a good idea to stop being mean to each other, as domainers.

A little bit of positivity?

Last edited:
•••

Would it be really smart, to reg. 20 thousand dictionary words, if you want to create a fraud/ scam scheme?!

It would be much smarter, to let many clear word / dict. names to the market, so others could benefit also...

And report name sales.

Thats why, regging 20 th. names, looks like the typical behaviour of someone, who has discovered a niche for him/herself, and wants to max. benefit from it.

too much talking for now. People need to see her with their own eyes.

Last edited:
•••
It stinks of misogyny and racism.

Another constantly offended snowflake. At what point in this conversation someone mentioned her race/gender/age? But when you have no arguments you always bring these to switch the focus from healthy discussion. You know, that you are the one being racist here? You are the one playing this card.
And it's even more stupid to bring racial/gender topic since half of the people questioning her sales are not even sure she is real...

Last edited:
•••
I don't believe in fake sales.

•••
It’s not frustration it’s skepticism,
Please stop with the condescending posts and Address the claims.

Show attachment 239597
[/QUOTE]
Let's all pray god.

Last edited:
•••
Don’t know either way. Took a look at some sales, lots of crypto/nft sales, generic but well known company names like paramount, clubhouse not so generic names like Clinique, so companies that have money.

So for this to be a scam, Daniel would have to be smarter than the rest of the domaining community, which based on his past history, is hard to believe. Because I haven’t seen anybody definitively take this apart.
How about a scam that BECOMES real. Due to the buzz around it.

You know, fake it till you make it.

So now, it is real because it has made it into real. Of sorts.

Edit: I'm not claiming this is the actual situation, because I have no proof, just mentioning what would explain it.

I actually don't know if those sales are fake or not. But there is something very odd about xyz indeed.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t care proving any point in here. My buyers aren’t in this thread.
This is exactly what you did, by saying that you can sell your domains for $20, while you don’t intend to…🤣
At least I meant what I wrote…

Personally, I have made around 25k out of xyz sales, during the past 1,5 years, with initial capital of 2k.
I really don’t care whether Swetha is legit or not, but I m really thankful to this person
In fact had she not 'existed' you might not have sold anything. The argument even beyond her being actual is people would buy into something that was artificially inflated. Yes it helped you but it possibly helped someone else much, much more. Said person is who is believed to be 'Swetha' but in fact may not be.

•••
Well, let's try to approach things from a more objective angle.

According to official records, Swetha Yenugula is a real person and is the director of "CANOPUS IT SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED", which was founded in 2016 in Hyderebad, India. Therefore, the claim that she is a fictional character falters at this point.

There is no law that all domain names sold must be used immediately. Personally, I can say that only a few of the dozens of domain names I've sold so far have been developed. The money I earn is my business, I cannot question what the buyer is doing with that domain name.

For example, Meta Inc. spent millions of dollars almost a year ago and made many acquisitions. None of those domain names are directed to any Meta related content. They're all idle.
Or sometimes a team gets together and brainstorms to create a new project on a whim and they want to buy the related domain name right away within their budget before anyone buy it. They usually leave the development work for later.

There have also been many other investors, apart from Swetha, who have sold .xyz domain names for large sums. You can check the archives yourself.

We have no way of proving whether the high-priced .xyz sales are driven by a project supported by the XYZ registry.

The most important point is that proving that .xyz sales aren't real doesn't do anyone any good either. On the contrary, high interest in ngTLD domains is generally a positive approach for all domain name investors.
TOP.DOMAINS has also started to achieve good sales recently. Is the sale of the "multi.app" domain name for $28,000 also fabricated?

There's a difference between being skeptical and being retarded. We have to support each other's success rather than hinder it. Do not ignore these details.
Fictional personality not person. She could be his neighbors sister and groomed to appear the person making the calls. If you don't know domains enough to handle conversation the jig would be up. That is why I believe she does not come forward.

•••
Another constantly offended snowflake. At what point in this conversation someone mentioned her race/gender/age? But when you have no arguments you always bring these to switch the focus from healthy discussion. You know, that you are the one being racist here? You are the one playing this card.

There is no rational argument to respond to here.

Anyone who's been paying attention to domains for more than a few months knows Swetha's history. She has been domaining for years -- she's not an overnight success. She built up her portfolio long before .xyz took off. She was reporting xyz sales in the xxx to low xxxx range years ago -- no one questioned her then.

No one making these stupid claims against her has a single shred evidence to back them up.

So when there are no rational arguments to respond to, we have to start looking to other reasons why people are attacking her: jealousy, misogyny, racism. These are the only things that make sense.

•••
Don't think that any of this discussions is beneficial for the domaining industry.

So, if you really want to know:
You have to contact every website owner, that bought a domain from swetha,
chat with them, better zoom-call them, etc.
and bring the info together.

That is what someone, who still has real doubt, has to do...

Otherwise, this is just talking....

Last edited:
•••
There is no rational argument to respond to here.

Anyone who's been paying attention to domains for more than a few months knows Swetha's history. She has been domaining for years -- she's not an overnight success. She built up her portfolio long before .xyz took off. She was reporting xyz sales in the xxx to low xxxx range years ago -- no one questioned her then.

No one making these stupid claims against her has a single shred evidence to back them up.

So when there are no rational arguments to respond to, we have to start looking to other reasons why people are attacking her: jealousy, misogyny, racism. These are the only things that make sense.

I clearly brought a rational argument of math not checking out for such a huge portfolio with many years of renewals and only last couple years ''serious'' sales. There are lots of other points: no one else selling, weird and similar-typed sites established on her names etc... Yes, these are points - not clear proof, but so zero proofs have you of sales being real (and sales to someone else!), except for her own words.

Of course you can continue living with your delusions - that's totally fine, but saying that people bringing these kinds of arguments are doing it out of jealousy/misogyny/racism only mean you are the one having zero to bring to the topic except for playing a racist card when no one else does.

•••
Is there a study anywhere to see how many of those great and fantastic .xyz sales have been *fully developed...?

(*with end-users as a real target and not for re-selling to other 'unsuspected' newbie domainers)

•••
Is there a study anywhere to see how many of those great and fantastic .xyz sales have been *fully developed...?

(*with end-users as a real target and not for re-selling to other 'unsuspected' newbie domainers)
You are a Domo Sapiens. I am sure you can spend a little bit of your own time to do research using namebio.

•••
Let's all pray god.

At the very least I think we can agree that your idea of haven't had much sales in the past 5 months is not what everyone else's idea is lol Your reported sales are over $380,000 this year.

•••
Please attach XYZ sales screenshots.

Dan obviously bought XYZs from other domainers as well to create traction.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back