Domain Empire

advice Expiring domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

localbox

Established Member
Impact
Hi everybody.

My plan to get rich off of the domains I've been hoarding all my adult life has revealed itself as a lie thanks to advice I got here when I was young and naive all those weeks ago.

Still, I wanted to check in with you guys as I begin just letting them expire when it's clear they don't fit the technical requirements that make them valuable according to some pretty well defined market guidelines. These two are a long shot, but they were the first to cause me to panic they were due last month, even after you guys told me not to and I would have it I hadn't misread the expiry date. My dreams of domain fame and glory hadn't disintigrated by then, but when they actually do come around next year I'm certain I'll be able to resist.

I bought these on the same day I spent fighting with my YouTube account to get the algorithm to understand that just because I sometimes click on a UFO video out of lingering youthful curiosity does not mean I have the same curiosity about this younger generation's conspiracy theories! I was handed a 200 page stack of photocopied manifesto back in 1989 and it felt like I had really stumbled onto something that was being hidden from the public! Then some time later I discovered how badly this stuff screws with some people's minds and destroys their lives because they invest way more in the stories than I ever did and completely lost interest in that silliness. Still I will genuinely enjoy a good alien conspiracy story from a long gone generation of paranoids who were trafficking this stuff physically throughout their secret meetings and rumored contacts with under cover FBI. You couldn't check the facts on your phone as you went over it. You had to fully comprehend and make sense of the whole thing so that you'd know which libraries you were going to drive to in order to look them up in systems that made this less impossible but still very hard. I sometimes think fondly about having that ream of paper in my hands and how many people it must have gone through before I received it and so I'm a little nostalgic. Sue me!

But it's crazy now. It's so easy to research it that you don't even bother because someone probably already did and you'll take their word for it since nobody would actually lie about something that's so easy to disprove with a simple google search. So then you end up believing everything based solely on the sincerity with which you feel that one poster expressed his or her full detailed story about the governement coming for them through the microwaves or whatever.

Sorry, let me get to my point! I have two domain names I want your opinion on related to my idea of how there's probably a market for someone selling a product that helps people keep the data that is fed to the algorithm reflective of what they really want to see in their recommended shelf. The implementation deals still haven't revealed themselves to me.

logo

I've already deemed them worthless and put them in that category with all my other crap. I'm only doubting myself because they're both 2 english words and serve a currently hot social topic so maybe someone might see the value in them despite all the other factors working against them. I set them both up as NextCloud servers so I could check that out, but it has nothing to do with their purpose. It's on my Plesk hosting server with a bunch of other experiments, so it is possible for me to install a better demo if that adds any value.

Thanks!
Tony

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back