NameSilo

advice Premium Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dodgerzdad

Impact
I recently bought two domains at a registrar for a fairly low price. These domains were priced EXPONENTIALLY higher at other registrars. The domain extensions were of the newer gTLD types and were marked "Premium" at other registrars. Once I plunked down my $30, I received a "paid" invoice and waited for the domains to go active. After a few days, they were still in pending status and still available at other registrars. I sent a support ticket questioning them why and they replied that, because they are Premium domains, they need to send me a new invoice. I am still awaiting the new invoice, but I suspect it will be for the same amount that other registrars are selling it for. I think these domains are owned by someone else already. My question is, is this legal to set a price so that you have to pay to see the real price? I am not concerned about getting my money back because I paid through PayPal, but this practice seems rather deceptive and unethical, if not illegal. This company is ICANN accredited according to ICANN's own page. I'm wondering if this is worthy of making a complaint to them? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
do you have time in your hand, make a complaint, otherwise accept a refund and also
let us know the company you registered domains with so we can be careful too. :)

•••
Yes, They must be owned by somone . The place you purchased those domains must had an issue with their billing system. If the price in the new invoice is same. Its you choice you can ask a refund. In case they take too much time to reply or never respond. You can open a dispute. But for 7 days at least for getting refunded.

•••
Had the same issue with exabytes, never used them again

•••
This happens all the time you pay for names and get refunds.

•••
Had the same issue with exabytes, never used them again
happens at every registra so don't hold it against them. (No I don't use them)

•••
Yes, They must be owned by somone . The place you purchased those domains must had an issue with their billing system. If the price in the new invoice is same. Its you choice you can ask a refund. In case they take too much time to reply or never respond. You can open a dispute. But for 7 days at least for getting refunded.
Even if not owned this may happen I have clicked on $2 dollar extension specials on exact name only to see it is 5k a year later. Paid for it and got a refund same story different registras.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back