IT.COM

question Expireddomains.net Alternative

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chase M.

Established Member
Impact
I've been using expireddomains.net for a while now and it is lacking a few features that I really need. Ideally, I am looking for a site that has an API with a list of the expiring domains for the day. Alternatively, I would be able to export all of the expiring domain for the day. Multiple data sources would be nice, but I am primarily interested in GoDaddy expired domain auctions.

My old expireddomains.net account that still had export access unfortunately got banned (guess I was exporting too much).

Free is good, but I am willing to pay. Any suggestions? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was just looking for something like this (although free), ExpiredDomains' limited exports are a deal-breaker for me.

•••
If you want to download expiring domain list, snapnames/pool/dropcatch/epik/catched/dynadot offers the download of classic tlds without metrics.
If you are looking for list with good metrics, there are no free services except ExpiredDomains. So you can look at domcop or registercompass for example.

Last edited:
•••
If you want to download expiring domain list, snapnames/pool/dropcatch/epik/catched/dynadot offers the download of classic tlds without metrics.
If you are looking for list with good metrics, there are no free services except ExpiredDomains. So you can look at domcop or registercompass for example.

I came across the Snapnames list, but am I correct in thinking that their lists (or any other registrar's downloadable lists) only include domains that are registered with them? This would mean the SN list, for example, would miss out GoDaddy, and that's a huge portion of the market. Are there any downloadable lists that aggregate all or at least most of the registrars' domains, including GD?

Last edited:
•••
I came across the Snapnames list, but am I correct in thinking that their lists (or any other registrar's downloadable lists) only include domains that are registered with them? This would mean the SN list, for example, would miss out GoDaddy, and that's a huge portion of the market. Are there any downloadable lists that aggregate all or at least most of the registrars' domains, including GD?

https://www.snapnames.com/download.action
the rightmost column "Deleting domains" are domains in pendingDelete, so dropping to the common pool. The first three boxes are indeed SN-exclusive "registrar-grabbed" domains. And of course none of them feature GD auctions, it's a whole different beast. You would have to scrap GD yourself or request the api access (heh heh).

Last edited:
•••
https://www.snapnames.com/download.action
the rightmost column "Deleting domains" are domain in pendingDelete, so dropping to the common pool. The first three boxes are indeed SN-exclusive "registrar-grabbed" domains. And of course none of them feature GD auctions, it's a whole different beast. You would have to scrap them yourself or request the api access (heh heh).

So none at all feature GD domains, or just the pending delete ones do? What's this common pool?

Last edited:
•••
What's this common pool?
It's where all the deleted domains go - to the pool of millisecond availability to everyone, until they're snatched by the quickest fish. ;)

•••
It's where all the deleted domains go - to the pool of millisecond availability to everyone, until they're snatched by the quickest fish. ;)

Okay, so the pending delete lists are the same across registrars?

Last edited:
•••
Okay, so the pending delete lists are the same across registrars?

Yes, and everyone can (try to) catch these domains.

•••
Yes, and everyone can (try to) catch these domains.

So for non-dropcatching domain auctions, you would have to download each registrar's list, in which case I'm guessing GoDaddy is the best bet? Or do you just download and trawl through as many as you can? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to be sure I have the process down

Last edited:
•••
So for non-dropcatching domain auctions, you would have to download each registrar's list, in which case I'm guessing GoDaddy is the best bet? Or do you just download and trawl through as many as you can? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to be sure I have the process down

Yes, basically download the list if they make it available, or scrap the site.

•••
My old expireddomains.net account that still had export access unfortunately got banned (guess I was exporting too much).

How often were you downloading that they decided to ban your account?

•••
why not download it from godaddy? They have the option to download

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back