Domain Empire

question Expireddomains.net - Accuracy and search questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

muttus

Established Member
Impact
Dear Namepros enthusiasts,

I am using expireddomains.net for most of my searches on available and expiring domains. I really like the advanced search tool options. But recently it seems that many domains (well at least some interesting ones) are there by mistake (they are suppose to expire in couple months according to who is). Also I am having problems understanding when are domains going to drop (some extensions). So I have prepared few questions to help me (and hopefully others) clarify those issues.

How accurate do you consider Expireddomains.net? Do you find lot of mistakes?

Is the drop (when domains appear deleted) somehow in real time or is there significant delay between actual drop and when they appear on the page? If yes how long would you estimate?

If domain is caught by drop catching service, will it still appear in deleted?

If I am looking on pending delete for today (14.3) when will ccTLD like .UK .BE. ME (those which drop around midnight early morning) drop? On 14.03. or 15.03?

How is it possible that some domains are having in who.is written .... something like the domain have been registered 6 hours ago, when drop was just in last hour? ]

Thank you for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello muttus,

My name is Marco and I'm the developer of expireddomains.net

For the mentioned tlds I don't run a live drop (for com/net/org/info/biz I check right at the droptime). I check pending delete domains after the drop has happen. Free domains get added to the deleted domains list and registered domains get added to the caught domains list. I do not consider my website as a drop catching alternative. If you really want a domain, you should backorder it.

For some tlds I create my own droplist, because there are no available. For those tlds the dropdate I show on my website is not verified! The domain might drop or it might not drop. You can find a list of those tlds under the pending delete list "The dropdate for the following TLDs is not verified. Domains might drop earlier or later: .de, .eu, .ch, .li, .at, .be, .in, .nl, .fr, .ru, .su, .co".

If you have further questions, please use the contact form on my website. I do not usually monitor forums, but I'm happy to answer questions if I can.

•••
•••
Hello muttus,

My name is Marco and I'm the developer of expireddomains.net

For the mentioned tlds I don't run a live drop (for com/net/org/info/biz I check right at the droptime). I check pending delete domains after the drop has happen. Free domains get added to the deleted domains list and registered domains get added to the caught domains list. I do not consider my website as a drop catching alternative. If you really want a domain, you should backorder it.

For some tlds I create my own droplist, because there are no available. For those tlds the dropdate I show on my website is not verified! The domain might drop or it might not drop. You can find a list of those tlds under the pending delete list "The dropdate for the following TLDs is not verified. Domains might drop earlier or later: .de, .eu, .ch, .li, .at, .be, .in, .nl, .fr, .ru, .su, .co".

If you have further questions, please use the contact form on my website. I do not usually monitor forums, but I'm happy to answer questions if I can.

Thanks you Marco for your answer and great job on developing and working on expireddomains.net. I hope you did not take my questions as disregard for your work, it has never been the case. I do really appreciate the work you do the tool is amazing. Being able to filter such large databases is much easier thanks to you your site.

I have just tried to understand the system so I can bee better in using it. And now I know on what to focus :)

•••
That is alright. :) I know I have a deficit on explanations and help on my website and I'm working on improving it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back